• Please log in to reply
1310 replies to this topic

#1181 RobbieSDA

RobbieSDA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:00 AM

I have trouble with SS PLEX erring out when trying to watch a video if I use the latest PMS.  I had to go back to 0.9.6.9 to get things to work.

My version of SS PLEX shows 1.0.2.  Is this the latest version?  If not, where can I get the latest?  The UnSupported App Store does not show

an update available, and errors when I try to update all installed channels.

Any help would be appreciated.

• RobbieSDA likes this

#1182 mikewhy

mikewhy

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:50 AM

Now, back on topic, has anyone else beside me noticed that they can 'download' watch later stuff at almost full speed, but, if you try to watch now, stuff buffers often?

Just curious if something in Plex is causing Watch Now to be slow, but handing off to curl or wget speeds up downloads tremendously.

If you bring up your Task Manager / activity monitor while streaming, do you notice you're maxing out your connection or anything? cURL/wget don't really do anything special to speed up downloads.

Overall great work. I'm hoping this can be my go too for a long time for TV.  Is there anything comparable?

I would think Navi-X is close, if that works anymore. Other than that, not that I'm aware of. But maybe I'm too biased to answer this question.

As always guys, it's so great to see everyone helping people out. Work is very busy and I've plenty of extra-circular things to keep me occupied, but there should be some time coming up in the next couple of months for me to work on the next version and start one for XBMC.

#1183 brijazz

brijazz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:46 PM

Finally switched from Plex to Plex HT;  I'm noticing that PHT crashes whenever I resume playback on a video (using SS-Plex "Watch Now") that has been paused.  Anyone else seeing this?

#1184 hackztor@gmail.com

hackztor@gmail.com

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:12 AM

This is where I dont think is all correct. I know plex cuts off when it doesnt get a good stream but with SS-plex its everytime and usually always at 5 minutes. LetMeWatchThisNow meanwhile has been fine each time. Same video same source types (can never be 100% sure its the exact same) but the fact that it happens so easily with SS-plex and not letmewatchthis makes me wonder if their is something that can be fixed.

I don't think there's any difference. I think it's just that the sources SS-Plex uses are erratic in their moment-to-moment performance, and there sometimes isn't enough buffering to handle a momentary pause in the stream even when the overall rate is good. It might help if the buffer was more conservative and adjustable. Of course it would also help if media players like my Roku and my Samsung didn't drop the stream entirely every time there's a momentary buffer-empty situation, but that's not the fault of Plex or SS-Plex.

I can think of a few things that might help this problem. For example:

- Always use the biggest buffer possible, but start playing before the buffer fills up so there isn't a big startup delay.

- Include the ability in the server to switch the stream seamlessly to a "Please stand by" screen to fill in during a buffering pause and avoid losing connection to the remote client player. (I've been told that's not as easy as it sounds because the standby stream would have to be able to change resolution/format to match the stream it was inserting into).

#1185 NaDs

NaDs

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:26 AM

Not a big issue...

But i use SS plex with the plex samsung app

The backgorund shows up when you hover over the plugin like so

photo 1.JPG

But when you are in the app the background does not show like so

photo 2.JPG

I know when i use SS plex via plex media server the background is throughout the whole plugin

Any ideas why?

Love the app by the way - works great

#1186 Lestatx

Lestatx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:11 AM

Any way to make subtitles work on streaming videos?

#1187 JamminR

JamminR

Plex Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1230 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:34 PM

I know when i use SS plex via plex media server the background is throughout the whole plugin

Any ideas why?

Does the background work in all the other channels on the Samsung??

Any way to make subtitles work on streaming videos?

No. The sites SSPlex streams from don't stream subs (unless they're burned into the video already)

MAKE SURE YOUR PLEX SERVER IS UP TO DATE - v .9.9.5 and above fix a major Security Exploit!

Server - HW: Intel Core I5-4670K,16GB DDR3, 4TB RAID1 - SW: Win7x64 Ult. + PMS v0.9.9.12

Clients - 3x Roku2 XS  (RARflix: modified Roku Channel) , 1x Win PHT, 1x Android, 2x iOS devices

Shares - From: 2  -  To: 10  -   Proud PlexPass subscriber!

ISP: 5mbps up/300GB monthly cap

---

Agents/Plugins I use/like/favor - DVD Order Agent - Unsupported Appstore - SS Plex (Watch your searches later!!!) - BringThePopcorn

Common WIKI FAQs I answer - How do I find the Plug-Ins folder? - How do I manually install a channel?

#1188 NaDs

NaDs

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 04:37 AM

Does the background work in all the other channels on the Samsung??

yes it does :)

#1189 JamminR

JamminR

Plex Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1230 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 05:50 AM

We'll have to wait until MikeWhy has time for input then.

Might be an oddity with Samsung+Plex+SSplex, or, SSPlex just sets a blank background on purpose.

MAKE SURE YOUR PLEX SERVER IS UP TO DATE - v .9.9.5 and above fix a major Security Exploit!

Server - HW: Intel Core I5-4670K,16GB DDR3, 4TB RAID1 - SW: Win7x64 Ult. + PMS v0.9.9.12

Clients - 3x Roku2 XS  (RARflix: modified Roku Channel) , 1x Win PHT, 1x Android, 2x iOS devices

---

Agents/Plugins I use/like/favor - DVD Order Agent - Unsupported Appstore - SS Plex (Watch your searches later!!!) - BringThePopcorn

Common WIKI FAQs I answer - How do I find the Plug-Ins folder? - How do I manually install a channel?

#1190 sander1

sander1

Channel Developer/Admin

• Castle Keeper
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2699 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 02:53 PM

No. The sites SSPlex streams from don't stream subs (unless they're burned into the video already)

This ^^ And the channel framework does not have support for subtitles as well.

Always attach log files if you are reporting an issue: Log file info & location

Problem with indexing files? Check the Naming Guide

#1191 NaDs

NaDs

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 03:40 AM

We'll have to wait until MikeWhy has time for input then.

Might be an oddity with Samsung+Plex+SSplex, or, SSPlex just sets a blank background on purpose.

To add to this..

I noticed the backgorund does not show up on the new http://plex.tv/web 2.0

but does show up on plex media server

Maybe if you can check on your end and see if that is the case

Thanks

#1192 RED404

RED404

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:35 PM

Orca dropped a hint for the samsung problem.

These channels are completely unsupported (and illegal). The output these channels generate is way below the requirements of a Plex channel.

One thing I want to give away is that if they add a valid "-audioCodec" tag to their xml output, it would probably work.

#1193 NaDs

NaDs

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:10 AM

Orca dropped a hint for the samsung problem.

Just to add to this...

The samsung plex app has recently got a update which has stopped/broken the playback of this plugin on samsungs tvs....

#1194 robert-kondrat@live.co.uk

robert-kondrat@live.co.uk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:54 PM

Hi NaDs,

Looks like you are right, ss-plex stopped streaming from any sources after the last update, if you try on pc it will stream but once you want to watch the same source on samsung tv it just hangs loading the stream. Is there any way to get back to previous version of app for TV ? (samsung 6320).

Thanks!

Rob,

#1195 JamminR

JamminR

Plex Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1230 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:34 PM

Best place to look for/ask this question would be the forum area -Samsung Smart Hub.

any way to get back to previous version of app for TV ? (samsung 6320).

---

#1196 vacane

vacane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:54 PM

Love this channel!! Would be my one stop is if had an HD section. Would it be possible to do that like icefilms has? I like being able to watch the higher quality when available. Thanks for all the hard work that is put into this!

#1197 spiritmtl

spiritmtl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:32 PM

edit: Nevermind found out my issue :)

TIL reading comprehension is important

I was pasting the folder in the C://Program Files/Plex/Plex Media Server/Resources/Plug-ins

instead of the appdata folder

derp :P

Thank you so much for this channel I'm just checking it out and it's awesome!

#1198 Deanstead

Deanstead

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:08 PM

hi guys could really use some help up until a week ago everything was working fine now all of a sudden nothing works naxi - x (wont play) icefilms (channel is unavailable) ss-plex (plays around 5 mins then unavailable message) letmewatchthis (shows no programs or films) im running plex media server on windows tried loads of different version with same results

thanks in advance

#1199 JamminR

JamminR

Plex Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1230 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:54 PM

Dean, this thread is not intended to troubleshoot a multiple channel issue. You'd likely get more help from the server OS section you're running on.

HOWEVER, as all channels you mention are NOT supported channels, I'd recommend first the wiki, how to rebuild system bundle, etc.

Sounds like a PC slowed down, network slowed down issue.

---

#1200 meatball

meatball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:47 AM

hey guys, this channel is a game changer. Thanks a ton for the work. hugely appreciated.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tv, movies, streaming, downloading