1310 replies to this topic

#1221 john9527

john9527

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:57 AM

JamminR, on 10 Apr 2014 - 7:53 PM, said:

John, what you're seeing seems to be what is currently happening for many. I believe it's the way SSPlex cache server looks up data, which, doesn't seem to have been updated in a long time.

Author's been busy/away.

Thanks for the response.....I did a search and didn't see a similar problem (must not have done a good job with the search :) ).    Good to know it's not broke on my end.

#1222 bossryan

bossryan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:10 AM

It has to be my lack of a proper query... but... Is there a way to tell the system to download content simultaneously? Because right now it only downloads one file at a time... and when I have a 250Mb Fibre, I would like to be able to download a few at a time... 

#1223 JamminR

JamminR

Plex Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:26 AM

Is there a way to tell the system to download content simultaneously?

No. SSPlex obtains files for 'watch later' sequentially.

MAKE SURE YOUR PLEX SERVER IS UP TO DATE - v .9.9.5 and above fix a major Security Exploit!

Server - HW: Intel Core I5-4670K,16GB DDR3, 4TB RAID1 - SW: Win7x64 Ult. + PMS v0.9.9.12

Clients - 3x Roku2 XS  (RARflix: modified Roku Channel) , 1x Win PHT, 1x Android, 2x iOS devices

Shares - From: 2  -  To: 10  -   Proud PlexPass subscriber!

ISP: 5mbps up/300GB monthly cap

---

Agents/Plugins I use/like/favor - DVD Order Agent - Unsupported Appstore - SS Plex (Watch your searches later!!!) - BringThePopcorn

Common WIKI FAQs I answer - How do I find the Plug-Ins folder? - How do I manually install a channel?

#1224 Carlos N.

Carlos N.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:45 PM

I just added the ss Plex to my channel foulder on OSX 10.9.2 i cant get the plugin to show on plex. What Am i Doing wrong?

#1225 JamminR

JamminR

Plex Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:29 AM

What Am i Doing wrong?

Make sure you placed it in the correct plugins folder. Most plex installs have two.

See - How do I find the Plug-Ins folder? for ensuring right one, and  How do I manually install a channel? to make sure you've renamed the github -master.

MAKE SURE YOUR PLEX SERVER IS UP TO DATE - v .9.9.5 and above fix a major Security Exploit!

Server - HW: Intel Core I5-4670K,16GB DDR3, 4TB RAID1 - SW: Win7x64 Ult. + PMS v0.9.9.12

Clients - 3x Roku2 XS  (RARflix: modified Roku Channel) , 1x Win PHT, 1x Android, 2x iOS devices

---

Agents/Plugins I use/like/favor - DVD Order Agent - Unsupported Appstore - SS Plex (Watch your searches later!!!) - BringThePopcorn

Common WIKI FAQs I answer - How do I find the Plug-Ins folder? - How do I manually install a channel?

#1226 RafaelaN

RafaelaN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:05 AM

The SS-Plex link in the Unsupported App Store seems to be broken, but the plugin installs fine directly.

Aside from that, SS-Plex has been working very reliably lately.

#1227 JamminR

JamminR

Plex Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:58 AM

Rafeal, MikeWhy has no control over the link in MikeDM's UAS post.

You should ask in the UAS thread that he (MikeDM) update all the 'plexapp.com' links in the UAS thread first post to 'plex.tv'.

That seems to be the only issue, many point to old domain "plexapp.com"

:)

---

#1228 jjross

jjross

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:01 AM

I was playing around with this channel and now all it says is "whoops" where it used to say TV and Movies. I've tried using the reset button but that doesn't appear to fix the problem. Any ideas?

#1229 dwanthny

dwanthny

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:46 AM

I was playing around with this channel and now all it says is "whoops" where it used to say TV and Movies. I've tried using the reset button but that doesn't appear to fix the problem. Any ideas?

This means the server is currently down.  There is nothing you can do until Mike notices the error and reboots the machine.

#1230 tgotch

tgotch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:11 PM

When I click "play" on any media file in my media server, I get the following type error:

http://ss/wizard?end...lv=0&start_at=0

Oops! Google Chrome could not find ss

Any suggestions?

#1231 JamminR

JamminR

Plex Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:03 AM

Tgotch, Do you mean within the "Watch Now" section of the "SSPlex" channel?

The way you describe your issue, sounds as though your having problems playing local media, not within SSPlex plugin, which this thread is intended for.

That URL isn't fully complete. Is your server named "ss" on your network?

---

#1232 tgotch

tgotch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:17 PM

JamminR,

Sorry, might not have been clear about my issue.

When I click on any "play" button in SSPlex channel - "watch now", that is the type error I get.

"ss" is not my network. URL appears to not be fully complete.

Other channels work.

#1233 JamminR

JamminR

Plex Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:34 AM

Unfortunately, depending on the content you've searched for/trying to watch, the sources may not be strong/enough/fast enough to give the feed in high enough speed to watch it real time.

Many here use the watch later feature due to this.

---

#1234 dwanthny

dwanthny

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:47 AM

FYI. I just wanted to report that the previous Android App error I was reporting below at some point has been fixed.  I periodically updated to see if a new update fixed the issue.  I don't know which update fixed the problem but as of 3.2.13.122 the below issue is no longer a problem.

This post is just an FYI post for those using the Plex for Android app with this channel. The latest version of this app (3.2.4) which came out earlier this month makes this channel virtually unusable. Previously when I selected watch later or retry download I got the following error:

No items to display

This directory appears empty

OK

This error was essentially the same as SSPlex saying OK since the selected function always completed what I told it. Pressing OK placed me back at the spot I left off and everything worked fine.

With the latest version of the Plex for Android App I get the following error instead of the previous version. So if I go to Watch later the app throws up this gem:

An error occurred while attempting to navigate
to the selected item. It appears that the
associated server is no longer accessible.

Go Home

The action I selected still functions as expected but now my only choice to continue is to press the Go Home button which dumps me out of the channel. If I wish to continue I have to open the channel again and navigate to the next action I want to accomplish so it can kick me out again.

To solve this I turned off auto update in the Play store and went back to a previous version. 3.2.2.64 was the version I located. Now I can navigate the SSPlex channel from my Plex for Android app without worrying about being booted to the Plex home screen after each action.

#1235 dappa2

dappa2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:12 PM

Does anyone here have problems with this channel quitting after half an hour has passed while viewing movies off it using a chromecast?  Really frustrating having to reload the film and find the part of the movie you were on and then wait another half an hour before it quits again, I notice this doesn't happen to me when viewing tv shows on the channel, otherwise the channel runs smoothly with no lag whatsover.

#1236 dwanthny

dwanthny

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:45 PM

Does anyone here have problems with this channel quitting after half an hour has passed while viewing movies off it using a chromecast?  Really frustrating having to reload the film and find the part of the movie you were on and then wait another half an hour before it quits again, I notice this doesn't happen to me when viewing tv shows on the channel, otherwise the channel runs smoothly with no lag whatsover.

I'm afraid I can't help you because to avoid any of the typical hiccups with playing video from the net I always use the watch later feature. It usually takes 5-10 minutes to download the movie or TV show then I play it locally from my network.

#1237 aah choo

aah choo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:54 AM

I have the same problem so I use either icefilms or let me watch this to view shows or movies now.

#1238 djkross

djkross

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:17 PM

my shows only play about 30 mins then freeze and then it disconnects the server with We're sorry, but we can't reach this server. on the web, when i fast forward to where it left off.

heres a log.

Attached Files

• Attached File  ss.log   2.08MB   7 downloads

#1239 atalba

atalba

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 11:07 PM

Mikewhy (DEV) and JamminR (Support): Just want to say THANKS for such a great channel! The WATCH LATER feature has been the best thing since sliced bread! I'm looking forward to future enhancements. You would save me time if you connected MOVIES with the YIFY database. Thanks again!

#1240 JamminR

JamminR

Plex Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:36 AM

*chuckle* Glad you find anything I say helpful.

There are many other 'helpers' here that I must share credit with.

I'm just a fellow Plex geek who likes the channel's potential.

I hope MikeWhy finds time in the future to work on it some more.

---

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tv, movies, streaming, downloading