7 replies to this topic

#1 Harley Hooligan

Harley Hooligan

Plex Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1261 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 10:48 PM

The hulu plugin is acting strange. When I go to list TV shows (all) it does not list anything, but when I go to any of the other listing styles, they show up fine. I have restarted jsut the plex media server, plex, and even the mini. ALl show the same behaviour.

#2 jayman978

jayman978

Plex Dev Team

• Plexville Red Sox Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4559 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 04:06 AM

Welcome to the forums!

An update is being worked on currently to fix this. The Devs are cool like that :)

#3 superpea

superpea

Plex Dev Team

• Plex Employee
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 05:32 AM

Welcome to the forums!

An update is being worked on currently to fix this. The Devs are cool like that :)

Start your auto-update engines!

The Hulu fix is posted to the App Store, with some little treats. You can now view your Hulu feeds (subscriptions, queue, recommendations) if they are set to be viewed publicly in your profile (which is the default). Make sure to use your Hulu username (not email address) when you edit your preferences.

We also re-organized the Hulu menu to be, hopefully, a little easier to navigate.

Dig it.

#4 jernomer

jernomer

Rock Star

• Castle Keeper
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 02:57 PM

Start your auto-update engines!

The Hulu fix is posted to the App Store, with some little treats. You can now view your Hulu feeds (subscriptions, queue, recommendations) if they are set to be viewed publicly in your profile (which is the default). Make sure to use your Hulu username (not email address) when you edit your preferences.

We also re-organized the Hulu menu to be, hopefully, a little easier to navigate.

Dig it.

The new Hulu plugin works great! I have a couple of requests/changes I'd like to see made to the plugin, though.

1) Have my queue sort the way it is when I view it through a browser. As it currently stands, the Hulu plugin lists everything in reverse order, which is kind of annoying if I want to watch episodes in order.
2) Have the ability for more than one Hulu "profile" in Plex, so that both the wife and myself can get into our Hulu queues without having to re-enter our username/password.

Does anyone else think these ideas are good ones?

#5 rnio

rnio

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 02:54 AM

The new Hulu plugin works great! I have a couple of requests/changes I'd like to see made to the plugin, though.

1) Have my queue sort the way it is when I view it through a browser. As it currently stands, the Hulu plugin lists everything in reverse order, which is kind of annoying if I want to watch episodes in order.
2) Have the ability for more than one Hulu "profile" in Plex, so that both the wife and myself can get into our Hulu queues without having to re-enter our username/password.

Does anyone else think these ideas are good ones?

#2 ==> you could use PROFILES within plex One account for each of you with shared libraries ...

#6 lutefisk

lutefisk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 03:46 AM

I absolutely love the improvements to the Hulu plugin. Thanks for the great work.

One question though. When I watch videos from my queue, it doesn't appear to remove them when I am done. Is this expected or do I have something set up wrong. You mention that you have to have your queues and subscriptions set to 'public.' Mine are set to 'private' but everything seems to be working except that.

#7 jernomer

jernomer

Rock Star

• Castle Keeper
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 01:45 AM

#2 ==> you could use PROFILES within plex One account for each of you with shared libraries ...

Thanks. Yeah, I thought of that. It's just that Hulu is the only place where we each have our own content, so it'd be overkill (I think) to have separate Plex profiles just for Hulu use. But, it's an option for now, at least. :)

#8 Jam

Jam

Plex Dev Team

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4042 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 04:16 PM

Plex's profiles won't have any effect on the Hulu plug-in - all App Store plug-ins are for the media server, so whatever profile you were using, you'd still be connecting to the same server (with the same plug-ins and stored data). Handling multiple users is on the roadmap for the future, but it may be a while before you see it implemented :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users