• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 hbit

hbit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:41 PM

I am having trouble watching CBS on Plex. I have it loaded on the video plug ins and the episodes show up but do not play. I get the error message Could not determine input format.

I have tried to set it up on plexflix, but Hulu no longer has the orange RSS feed icons on their web pages and they don't seem to support CBS anyway. Also, CBS is not listed on the Five Star Scripts page any longer.

Am I missing something or have a bug in my system or is CBS no longer supported?

I am running Plex Media Server 0.9.6.9.240 and Plex 0.9.3.4 on a Late 2006 iMac with 3 GB of memory and OS 10.7.5.

Thanks

#2 Mikedm139

Mikedm139

Plugin Developer

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3149 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

I am running Plex Media Server 0.9.6.9.240 and Plex 0.9.3.4 on a Late 2006 iMac with 3 GB of memory and OS 10.7.5.

CBS will not work with the desktop client older than v0.9.5.4. Update your client and you should be good to go.

If you are having trouble with one or more channels, check here first.
If you are asked to provide logs, which you will be if you are having plugin problems, the help center has details on where to find them.
***************************************************************************************************************************************
Check out unofficial channels in the
UnSupported AppStore
Follow my efforts on Github and Twitter
Donate

#3 hbit

hbit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

CBS will not work with the desktop client older than v0.9.5.4. Update your client and you should be good to go.

Thanks. I did that and it works great. The only thing I don't like about the new client is it doesn't seem to have a favorites window. Is there a way or place to save all your favorite shows?

#4 Mikedm139

Mikedm139

Plugin Developer

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3149 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:23 PM

Thanks. I did that and it works great. The only thing I don't like about the new client is it doesn't seem to have a favorites window. Is there a way or place to save all your favorite shows?

Unfortunately no, there isn't. I would imagine that if any sort of Favorites feature is to re-appear, it would most likely be implemented as a PMS feature rather than a client feature. That's just pure speculation though.

If you are asked to provide logs, which you will be if you are having plugin problems, the help center has details on where to find them.
***************************************************************************************************************************************
UnSupported AppStore
Donate

#5 hbit

hbit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:04 PM

Thanks again.

#6 hbit

hbit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:37 PM

CBS was working fine until now. I am using Plex media server 0.9.7.3. and plex 0.9.5.4. Everything loads until I try to play the episode then I get an error message saying error loading file. Any Ideas?

#7 Mikedm139

Mikedm139

Plugin Developer

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3149 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:30 AM

CBS changed something on their end again. I submitted an update earlier today to fix the issue. It should be pushed out via auto-update within a day or so.

UnSupported AppStore
Donate

#8 hbit

hbit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:31 PM

CBS changed something on their end again. I submitted an update earlier today to fix the issue. It should be pushed out via auto-update within a day or so.

Thanks!