13 replies to this topic

#1 J.Tyler

J.Tyler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:41 PM

Hi there

I spoke with Elan and he suggested I create a forum post for the issue I've been having with On Deck for a while.

My current example is Will & Grace - the next unwatched episodes are 203, 222, 223, 224 then 305 onwards. However, On Deck is choosing Episode 401.

Could you please have a look?

http://db.tt/UKjZsy5s

Thanks

#2 J.Tyler

J.Tyler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

#3 Murderous Moppet

Murderous Moppet

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:09 PM

label your fiels correctly

#4 5stringdeath

5stringdeath

Ninja

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1291 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:23 PM

I see from you .db file that you are naming the individual files correctly, but the individual seasons aren't in subfolders. While this sometimes works ok, it sometimes doesn't so its always better to nest the seasons in subfolders as per the naming guide:

http://wiki.plexapp...._Guide#TV_Shows

So in your case:

/Volumes/TV Shows 2/Will and Grace/Season 01/
/Volumes/TV Shows 2/Will and Grace/Season 02/

Etc. Etc.

-------------------

Running PMS on a MacMini and Synology 412+

Clients include: PHT MacMini, PHT MacBook Pro, iPad 2, iPad Retina, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, Sony GS7, Nexus 7, Roku3, Chromecast, Plex Web in Chrome

Fav Plex Feature: SYNC!

#5 J.Tyler

J.Tyler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:55 PM

Thanks for the replies. I don't think this can bee the issue though. Plex is aware what each episode is, it knows that 203 is next but is picking 401. The only way the issue could be with filenames / paths would be if Plex was missing some of the episodes.

#6 5stringdeath

5stringdeath

Ninja

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1291 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:14 PM

Thanks for the replies. I don't think this can bee the issue though. Plex is aware what each episode is, it knows that 203 is next but is picking 401. The only way the issue could be with filenames / paths would be if Plex was missing some of the episodes.

Ok - but did you actually try it?

-------------------

Running PMS on a MacMini and Synology 412+

Clients include: PHT MacMini, PHT MacBook Pro, iPad 2, iPad Retina, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, Sony GS7, Nexus 7, Roku3, Chromecast, Plex Web in Chrome

Fav Plex Feature: SYNC!

#7 J.Tyler

J.Tyler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:38 AM

No, because I don't see any reason why this would be in any way related. What makes you think this could be the issue?

#8 cal3d

cal3d

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:19 AM

I have this same issue - with Battlestar Galactica. In my case it is also episode 401 that is appearing out of order in On Deck. I do have the episodes correctly named in subfolders for each season.

#9 Murderous Moppet

Murderous Moppet

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:17 PM

I should be more clear about what i mean by "proper naming"

I had the same problem with shows being labeled this way: "show title - 401", but labeled this way: "show title - S04E01" does not exhibit the problem.

#10 cal3d

cal3d

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:30 AM

I should be more clear about what i mean by "proper naming"

I had the same problem with shows being labeled this way: "show title - 401", but labeled this way: "show title - S04E01" does not exhibit the problem.

My episodes are named in the way you indicate doesn't have the problem. I use the "title - S04E01" naming scheme and still see this problem.

#11 dev

dev

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:45 AM

are you sure those episodes aren't half-seen or something? happens to me when i watch something for the second time and don't finish it. it stays on deck forever

#12 J.Tyler

J.Tyler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:24 PM

Thanks Dev, unfortunately that's not the issue.

#13 cal3d

cal3d

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:50 PM

I've observed this on a few other shows that I have in my collection. I noticed a common theme. Firstly, the problem only appears with shows that have at least 4 seasons - the out of order episodes always start at Season 4. The shows where I see this also have some special episodes - named with S00E0X in the title - and contained in a "Season 0" folder.

#14 J.Tyler

J.Tyler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:13 PM

Does anybody care about this bug?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users