• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 superflyjimmy

superflyjimmy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

I've been trying to get myPlex to publish my server so that I can use the Plex outside of my home network. It works perfectly at home on my Roku and 360 currently.

Plex Media Server is running on a Windows 7 PC. I have a DLink 655 running as my router.

I've port forwarded 32400 on my dlink to my PC, but still get "myPlex could not connect to your server". I turned off the windows firewall on my PC and tried to publish with no luck.

Any help would be great.
Thanks.

#2 tekwarp

tekwarp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:10 PM

I have the same problem. Plex, dlink dir-655, Port forwarding both TCP and UDP 32400 to my internal 192.168.0.xxx address.

Is there something else that I am missing?

All other P2P, FTP servers etc. in which I enable port forwarding work fine.

Help please!!

-Tekwarp

#3 unidelvius

unidelvius

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:03 AM

Can someone direct me to a tutorial as to how I'm supposed to Port-Forward. Do I have to change the settings on my router, or my PC, OR both of these. I'm running Windows Vista and also have the Dlink 655 router and keep getting "myPlex could not connect to your server". (I'm new to Media Servers, I apologize for my noob questions)

#4 Trudge

Trudge

Gone off to greener pastures....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9403 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:07 AM

Can someone direct me to a tutorial as to how I'm supposed to Port-Forward. Do I have to change the settings on my router, or my PC, OR both of these. I'm running Windows Vista and also have the Dlink 655 router and keep getting "myPlex could not connect to your server". (I'm new to Media Servers, I apologize for my noob questions)

http://www.portforward.com
Primary PMS: Ubuntu 13.10, i7-4771, 16GB Ram, Samsung 840 Pro 512GB
Media Storage: 2 x ReadyNas Pro Business 18TB mounted by NFS to Plex Server
Desktop Clients: 1 x Windows 7 27", 1 x 15.4 Retina MBP, 2 x17" MBP, 1 x 13" MB, 1 x13" MBA
Mobile Clients: 2 x iPhone 5s, 3 x iPhone 5, 3 x iPhone 4s, 3 x iPhone 4, 2 x iPad 3, 2 x iPad 2
Airplay & PlexConnect Targets: 4 x ATV3

#5 tekwarp

tekwarp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:26 PM

http://www.portforward.com

Guys, I got it working. It was the UPNP that was messing everything up. Also my Dir 655 was sitting behind a Vonage box so I had missed the Upnp of that box as well.

Follow settings in pictures below and it should work.

Attached File  Step 1.jpg   185.95KB   1159 downloads

Attached File  Step 2.jpg   165.66KB   575 downloads

#6 unidelvius

unidelvius

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:59 PM

Guys, I got it working. It was the UPNP that was messing everything up. Also my Dir 655 was sitting behind a Vonage box so I had missed the Upnp of that box as well.

Follow settings in pictures below and it should work.

Attached File  Step 1.jpg   185.95KB   1159 downloads

Attached File  Step 2.jpg   165.66KB   575 downloads

Quick question where can I find what to insert into the IP address field when port forwarding?
Thanks in Advance

#7 xtremedk

xtremedk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:44 AM

Thanks had the same issue and have the same router, disabled UPNP and was then able to publish the server in myplex.

i have a new issue :

now the ipad and my android phone can see the server (Good thing)
but it is unable to play the content if not on lan,
the ipad gives the error Could not play media An unkown problem occurred
the android phone gives the error the media server is not responding (can get a couple of the movies to work on the android, but most will not)

i have a 100 / 100 internet connection at home so should it not also be able to play on the ipad and phone when im not connected locally ?

have tried clicking Offer higher bitrates over 3G connections ON and OFF in transcoder settings on the server, but still fails

the server has 32 gb ram, SSD HD (167 gb free), I7-2630QM , running win8 64bit, 1gb lan card, Wireless N . 2gb geforce 560 GTX, Plex media server Version 0.9.7.12, Plex/web Version 0.9.9.10
the storage containing the movies is located on a synology nas ds112+, 2.0GHz, DDR3 512MB, 1gb lan card, HD WD Red WD30EFRX 3 TB

i have connected the server by wifi at the moment so will be trying by wired cable to see if it fixes the issu8

also the reason for not using the synology as the plex server is that it would not even play the movies on lan as transcoding is not working on that (from what i can read around the net)

kind regards

#8 dragonduder

dragonduder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:20 PM

Hello, I have a D-Link 657 with Time Warner being my ISP and I have followed the instructions as stated, I still can't connect my server though. I think it's a curse, because I can't connect my wireless cameras either. If someone can help me with Plex Media Server I'd be grateful. I'm running Windows 7 64 bit. If there's a big difference between the 657 and the 655 I should know about, please let me know.

-I've followed the directions on Portforward.com

-My laptop has it's LAN IP reserved (192.168.0.100), my router is at 192.168.0.1.

-I've even tried enabling DMZ, no luck

- http://www.canyouseeme.org/ can't see anything

-I've even tried using a PortMapper java tool that opens your ports correctly through UpnP (http://sourceforge.n...pnp-portmapper/). When it didn't help me, I stopped using it because there's some reccomendations to disable UPnP (which I did: still no success).

-I've tried setting it as a Virtual Server in my router, but that wouldn't work either, so I'm just trying to get the port forwarded.

-I've enabled Media Server on my router, no luck

Thanks for any assistance!

#9 Mazzie

Mazzie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:22 AM

<p>FIXED</p>

#10 BLiZZ6425

BLiZZ6425

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:41 AM

Everything works perfect at home. I brought my laptop with my PMS on it to another house. I have gone into the D-Link DIR-626L they have here and did exactly what the photos show. I have also tried "Enable Media Server" both checked and unchecked. And I have also reserved my laptop's mac address to have the same ip address. I've even tried with different port numbers to match the PMS settings. Multiple restarts later, and still "myPlex could not reach your server" Please help!

#11 Haraldd

Haraldd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:57 AM

same problem here I belive since I got a new router D-link Dir-857; tried all the suggestion here and in the trouble-shooting section here https://plexapp.zend...icles/200931138 but no luck; I am not clear on what functionality I loose if I cannnot connect to the MyPlex server. Thanks for anyy suggestions

#12 Ktulu23

Ktulu23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:37 AM

With Dlink Routers, there's another option to allow port forwarding.

There's regular port forwarding

and then there's the virtual server

Use virtual server if you choose a custom port other than 32400, but then in the virtual section, make sure that you set the external public / custom port to forward to the internal default plex port 32400

Another thing.....make sure that your computer is running under a home network...this option is presented to you when you 1st install your router or connect a new pc to your system

Or try disabling the windows firewall and then try again...if it goes through, then your network settings are the issue here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users