Photo

plex server problems

Best Answer Trudge, 03 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

Hi, i am as well experiencing this issue, seeking a solution please.
Thanks

http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topic/52296-windows-constantly-pop-open-when-plex-is-running/ Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 penngwen

penngwen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:38 AM

Recently installed media server 9.73 - uninstalled it because I kept getting pop-ups screens with "c:\\program files (x86)\plex media server plex script host exe" Reinstalled earlier version and still getting these screen pop-ups. They are very annonying & stop only when I exit plex media server. Also server no longer shows agents and channel directory not working on plex media center. I have a Roku box and was able to get all channels before this - any suggestions?

#2 Trudge

Trudge

Gone off to greener pastures....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9403 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:44 AM

Recently installed media server 9.73 - uninstalled it because I kept getting pop-ups screens with "c:\\program files (x86)\plex media server plex script host exe" Reinstalled earlier version and still getting these screen pop-ups. They are very annonying & stop only when I exit plex media server. Also server no longer shows agents and channel directory not working on plex media center. I have a Roku box and was able to get all channels before this - any suggestions?

Can you grab a screenshot showing the pop-up error screens?
Primary PMS: Ubuntu 13.10, i7-4771, 16GB Ram, Samsung 840 Pro 512GB
Media Storage: 2 x ReadyNas Pro Business 18TB mounted by NFS to Plex Server
Desktop Clients: 1 x Windows 7 27", 1 x 15.4 Retina MBP, 2 x17" MBP, 1 x 13" MB, 1 x13" MBA
Mobile Clients: 2 x iPhone 5s, 3 x iPhone 5, 3 x iPhone 4s, 3 x iPhone 4, 2 x iPad 3, 2 x iPad 2
Airplay & PlexConnect Targets: 4 x ATV3

#3 Gert-Vaio

Gert-Vaio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:59 PM

Can you grab a screenshot showing the pop-up error screens?

I got the same problem, the popup start showing afther I start up, sometimes there are 20. Yesterday it workt for the firsttime on my Xbox, but now I only get popup???

Screenshot added

gertAttached File  popup.png   442.25KB   18 downloads

#4 ajplex

ajplex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:49 PM

Was there an answer or fix to this issue? I experienced this problem today and even after a repair and a full re-install, the issue remains.

#5 Geopap

Geopap

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:06 AM

Thanks

#6 ajplex

ajplex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:19 AM

I renamed the PlexScriptHost.ex(e) file which at least allows my PMS to load and run without constant popups. However, I have no channels and have lost all of my media. Additionally when attempting to add my channels back through the plex/web it indicates that the channel directory is currently unavailable.

the plugin folders are still there in app data so I can't tell if this is an error on my side or the update that rolled out today. I'm leaving the media files alone, as I'd prefer not to 'remap' all of that if I can get it back easily.

#7 Trudge

Trudge

Gone off to greener pastures....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9403 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:10 PM   Best Answer

Thanks

http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topic/52296-windows-constantly-pop-open-when-plex-is-running/
Primary PMS: Ubuntu 13.10, i7-4771, 16GB Ram, Samsung 840 Pro 512GB
Media Storage: 2 x ReadyNas Pro Business 18TB mounted by NFS to Plex Server
Desktop Clients: 1 x Windows 7 27", 1 x 15.4 Retina MBP, 2 x17" MBP, 1 x 13" MB, 1 x13" MBA
Mobile Clients: 2 x iPhone 5s, 3 x iPhone 5, 3 x iPhone 4s, 3 x iPhone 4, 2 x iPad 3, 2 x iPad 2
Airplay & PlexConnect Targets: 4 x ATV3

#8 guturmom

guturmom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:30 AM

I keep having a C:program files (86)/plex\plex media server\plex script host.exe window popping up????Its really bugging me im using windows 7, PMS and my main device is a Roku  XS

#9 sjpocock

sjpocock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:43 PM

Trudge's post has the instructions - I'll spell them out here for you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Go to your PMS Management Page.

Under Settings, click TranscoderShow Advanced Settings, and make sure Webkit Window Visibile is NOT checked

Attached File  plexwwnv.jpg   53.09KB   58 downloads

Under Settings, click Channels, make sure Launch Plugins in debug mode is NOT checked.

Attached File  plexlpdm.jpg   50.16KB   17 downloads

Reboot your system. Check the settings again and verify those options are correctly set (you may need to set them again and reboot.)

Primary PMS : Windows Home Server 2012, AMD Phenom II X4 840, 4GB

Primary Storage : 500Gb Raid-1 (OS, Apps and vital storage)

Media Storage : 13TB in DriveBender Pool

Plex Version :  Windows 9.7.28.33

Clients : 2xRoku3, Roku2XS, 3xAndroid Tablets, 4xAndroid Smartphones, 5xWin7/8 Clients, Samsung SmartHub

#10 musicman125

musicman125

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:04 AM

Attached File  popup.gif   30.65KB   11 downloads

I keep having a C:program files (86)/plex\plex media server\plex script host.exe window popping up????Its really bugging me im using windows 7, PMS and my main device is a Roku  XS

I have the same problem every-time my library updates I get this popup.  I never had it before and if i am trying to do something else this popup interrupts me.

#11 goldenpipes

goldenpipes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:17 AM

Im also having this issue...

Maybe its becuase im on windows 8.1 preview??

it never happened before, i have checked all of the above settings and they are disabled..  also tried resetting system and framework bundle...

im so lost.

PlexScriptHost.exe and

PlexNewTranscoder.exe are the windows that are popping up for me.

#12 shanenc14

shanenc14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:00 AM

You guys are not alone here....I'm having the same issue, I'm running Windows Home Server 2011 (Based off Windows Server 2003) - Can't do squat...I'm just about ready to uninstall/re-install everything.... I know it's not the OS, because it's a fresh install with NOTHING else on it other than PMS, except all MS updates/patches, and drivers updated.... :wacko: Ready to start pulling hair out here...

#13 mnbessette

mnbessette

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:44 PM

So, I have the same problem and yet, I only find people facing the same thing and no solution. 

Spjocock you gave us a hint but because of those pop-ups, I cannot even open my Plex app. This is unusable if those pop-ups keep blocking the app from loading correctly...  

If anyone succeded on solving the case and is willing to share, we are a bunch that would be greatful!

#14 jesseshoffman@aol.com

jesseshoffman@aol.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 04:41 AM

Same issue among many others for almost 5 months into a paid plex pass. I have spent hours and hours and I feel we are the ones building testing and helping each other not the creators. :o

#15 Mediaconoclast

Mediaconoclast

Plex Ninja

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1586 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 05:40 AM

Same issue among many others for almost 5 months into a paid plex pass. I have spent hours and hours and I feel we are the ones building testing and helping each other not the creators. :o

Really. Your first post, after 5 months, and you use the collective "we"? <_<

Spjocock you gave us a hint

It was more than a hint: he gave you specific actions to take, but nobody here has reported on what they encountered when undertaking his . "We" might have fixed "our" issues and not bothered to "tell" anyone. The rest of us can see that the OP who started this thread and hasn't posted anything else in 8 months, "He" is "testing" and "helping," is he?

Here's another hint ... don't do this and wonder why PMS stops working correctly:

I renamed the PlexScriptHost.ex(e) file which at least allows my PMS to load and run without constant popups. However, I have no channels and have lost all of my media.

Here's some advice to the next user adding to this thread ... call it yet another hint: provide information, rather than complaints, if you expect anyone to be able to help you out.

| PMS Server: ASUS P8Z77-V Pro, i5-3470 Quad-Core 3.2GHz, 16Gb DDR3 1600MHz | HTPC: ASUS P8H77-I, i3-3225 Dual-Core 3.3GHz, 8Gb DDR3 1600MHz | Network: Gigabit | Other Devices: Roku, Roku2 XS, Roku3, Samsung UN55F6300AFXZA | Primary Frontend: Sony STR-DH520, Sony Bravia2 46" |

“This sort of thing has cropped up before, and it has always been attributable to human error” -- HAL 9000

#16 dukeofdecay@gmail.com

dukeofdecay@gmail.com

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:32 AM

Guys my system just started doing the same thing ive been using plex for a long time this is the frist time its ever done it.tried the instructions but it keeps coming back even unistalled and did clean install and im still getting pop up windows please help.

Fred

#17 joelpt

joelpt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:52 AM

I had this same problem for weeks, and uninstalling/reinstalling had no effect on it. Moreover, the "launch plugins in debug mode" checkbox indicated in sjpocock's post above simply does not exist in the Web UI as of Plex Media Server 0.9.818.

The fix that finally worked for me was to edit the registry:

If the question is how to disable these settings without running the web client... Just open regedit and go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Plex, Inc.\Plex Media Server. Delete the following values:

WebKitWindowVisible
PluginsLaunchDebug
JobsLaunchDebug 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users