• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ingdawg

ingdawg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:11 AM

I just installed a new Plex media server. I right click it in my tray, click media manager, and launches plex web app which says I need a subscription/plexpass for. Why isn't just launching the plex media manager instead? I don't care about the web client/Plex Pass.

#2 lazybones

lazybones

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:46 AM

I just installed a new Plex media server. I right click it in my tray, click media manager, and launches plex web app which says I need a subscription/plexpass for. Why isn't just launching the plex media manager instead? I don't care about the web client/Plex Pass.

The new web-client includes all of the manager functions. It is the new web-manager.

#3 mmccurdy

mmccurdy

The Official Mike M

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:57 AM

You don't need myPlex or a subscription to use the new web-based media manager. If restarting Plex Media Server doesn't fix it, try deleting WebClient.bundle from your Plug-ins directory (%LOCALAPPDATA%\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins on Windows). I would encourage you to give the new one a shot -- it's much better than the old manager -- but if you must have the old one you can access it at http://[your_server_ip]:32400/oldmanager

#4 PlanetWilson

PlanetWilson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:07 PM

I get the same experience. I can only access the old manager. The default path through on a Mac from selecting Media Manager in the menu is to tell you that you need a Plex Pass to continue.

#5 rcrh

rcrh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:51 PM

Same thing here.  I'm having some issues with my Linux box that usual runs PMS.  So while I'm working through those issues I installed PMS on my win7 machine.  But, when I try to go to PMS I get a message saying I NEED TO HAVE a plexpass to access PMS.

restarting PMS didn't help.  

So, is PMS on Windows no longer free?

#6 Budwyzer

Budwyzer

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:06 PM

Same thing here.  I'm having some issues with my Linux box that usual runs PMS.  So while I'm working through those issues I installed PMS on my win7 machine.  But, when I try to go to PMS I get a message saying I NEED TO HAVE a plexpass to access PMS.

restarting PMS didn't help.  

So, is PMS on Windows no longer free?

Sure it is, I'm running the newest version of PMS on my WIn8 machine and can get into the Media Manager just fine. Even from work.

*EDIT*

Scratch that, I can't connect from work as of today. Been updating my posters and junk all week while at work.  WTF is going on?

*Solved mine*

My power went out last night, and while I have a UPS on my HTPC, TV, and that stuff, my router went off and I had to republish my server to Myplex

#7 pixelgraft

pixelgraft

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:20 AM

Anyone able to fix this? I'm having the same problem: can't get into the web manager any longer when I hit: http://IP:32400/web/index.html

I could get into this last week. I've deleted both of the folders below, and stopped / re-started the server a few times. I'm running plex on unRAID.

Deleted these plugin folders: 

WebClient.bundle

WebManager.Bundle

#8 katkotrla

katkotrla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:58 PM

I have a Plex Pass and when I click on the media manager link i get

Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to 127.0.0.1:32400

Try reloading: 127.­0.­0.­1:­32400/­web

Uninstalled everything old -  re-installed and it wont connect. I am dead in the water. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users