2 replies to this topic

#1 medialibrary

medialibrary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:11 AM

Hi,

Since the last days I have been adding my Music library to PMS. The scanner it self runs through the complete library, but the agents that deploy metadata (e.g. Last.fm) stops working after a while. That means my library only have metadata for artists starting with character A-G at this moment.
A restart of the scanner seems to start from beginning and take a lot of time before it comes to the artists that misses metadata.

Is there a way to only start the artist & album agents (not the Plex Music Scanner) so the agents continues where metadata is missing and don't goes through the complete library from beginning every time?

After 3 scans and 64 hours later this starts to annoy me.

Thanks in advance

#2 Trudge

Trudge

Gone off to greener pastures....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9403 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:41 AM

Hi,

Since the last days I have been adding my Music library to PMS. The scanner it self runs through the complete library, but the agents that deploy metadata (e.g. Last.fm) stops working after a while. That means my library only have metadata for artists starting with character A-G at this moment.
A restart of the scanner seems to start from beginning and take a lot of time before it comes to the artists that misses metadata.

Is there a way to only start the artist & album agents (not the Plex Music Scanner) so the agents continues where metadata is missing and don't goes through the complete library from beginning every time?

After 3 scans and 64 hours later this starts to annoy me.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Server and scanner logs would be helpful.

http://wiki.plexapp....#Plex_Log_Files
Primary PMS: Ubuntu 13.10, i7-4771, 16GB Ram, Samsung 840 Pro 512GB
Media Storage: 2 x ReadyNas Pro Business 18TB mounted by NFS to Plex Server
Desktop Clients: 1 x Windows 7 27", 1 x 15.4 Retina MBP, 2 x17" MBP, 1 x 13" MB, 1 x13" MBA
Mobile Clients: 2 x iPhone 5s, 3 x iPhone 5, 3 x iPhone 4s, 3 x iPhone 4, 2 x iPad 3, 2 x iPad 2
Airplay & PlexConnect Targets: 4 x ATV3

#3 medialibrary

medialibrary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:46 AM

Hi,

Server and scanner logs would be helpful.

http://wiki.plexapp....#Plex_Log_Files

Thanks for your reply.
For some reason the agents was able to go through the complete library on the last scan.
Don't ask me why, but the last 3000 albums was done in 7 hours without any issues at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users