5 replies to this topic

#1 elstreif

elstreif

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:10 PM

I love the Mediastream skin, but it has one flaw that drives me crazy every time I pause playback of a video. The pause panel that slides up covers at least 25% of the screen, blocking out a significant portion of a video.

Often, I pause a video to get a better look at a particular scene (e.g., how it was framed, etc) or detail. Many times, these details are in the lower half of the screen and are obscured by Mediastream's pause panel.

It would be great if the pause panel could be made much smaller, either by lowering it 50% or shrinking it until it fits neatly in a corner.
 Mac mini 1.83 GHz (OS X Server 10.6.8)  Panasonic 32" LCD  SONY HT-CT150 Home Theater System 

#2 Mathieu Noublanche

Mathieu Noublanche

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:38 AM

Hi elstreif,

I agree with you I have the same problem with subtitles. When I pause playback of a video, the pause panel hides all the subtitles and so I can't read it !

I think that a resize of the video when the pause panel slides up could be a solution.

Thank's.

Matt

#3 bugmancx

bugmancx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:30 PM

Oh, please, yes.  It's incredibly frustrating when you pause because you want to look at something in detail at the bottom of the picture but it's obscured by the banner.  Please change the banner's behaviour to pop up for a few seconds only and then drop away leaving the full picture on screen.

#4 Bazography

Bazography

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:58 PM

Yes please. I too will pause to get a better look at something only to have it covered up. Some have suggested a smaller pop-up or resizing the video, but maybe simpler is better here. Why Is it necessary for anything to pop up at all? Why can't the video just pause, displaying nothing? Just a thought.

#5 madex

madex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:15 AM

+1

#6 SparkerB

SparkerB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts