• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 matiasalvarez87

matiasalvarez87

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:08 AM

Hi, I'm new here and I wonder if there exists the possibility to get media data (plex galleries, movies, photos and music) from a REST service or something like that.
I'm developing an application, and I want that the users can see their media galleries (read-only) and this stuff from my own app.

Thanks

#2 Ken4000

Ken4000

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:53 PM

Did you find any answer?
I a developer my self and want to add tvheadend and/or mediaportal to Plex. I'm looking for answers too regarding a REST services etc.

Best regards

#3 Martin

Martin

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:03 AM

Ken4000, have you worked on tvheadend support yet?

I would really like to see this in Plex HT :)

/Martin

#4 ribbet

ribbet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:47 AM

Yeah, I was wondering this as well. I'd like to create something like a random movie function; possibly select a genre, then hit random, grab a movie, ask Y/N and play it or grab another random movie and so on. It would be nice to create this feature for people like me who have 700+ movies in my library.

Has there been any progress on this at all?

#5 bob3695

bob3695

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:21 AM

Yeah, I was wondering this as well. I'd like to create something like a random movie function; possibly select a genre, then hit random, grab a movie, ask Y/N and play it or grab another random movie and so on. It would be nice to create this feature for people like me who have 700+ movies in my library.

Has there been any progress on this at all?

Are you wanting this built into the Plex client? There already is an API for you to pull information from. check http://wiki.plexapp....TTP_API/Control the docs don't do it justice as there is more to it then just those few commands, but that should get you started.

#6 nickdanger3d

nickdanger3d

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

That only describes controlling a client. If you just want to make your own library viewer or something, just send http commands to <serverhostname>:32400/  It's not exactly REST, but it will give you xml output that is pretty descriptive. For example, to see your "On Deck" tv shows and movies, send a request to pms:32400/library/onDeck . 

Note that you will have trouble accessing remote servers since you need to create a myplex authentication token. That's what tripped me up whenever I tried to do something like this.

Good luck!

#7 bunglenick

bunglenick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:18 PM

Hi all, I'm jumping into this thread as its closely related to what I'm hoping to do, or find someone else has already done hopefully. I have recently downloaded an app called Status Board by a company called Panic. It allows the user to visualise live stats from different sources on the iPad. There is already a few good third part scripts which can be linked into the app but nothing for Plex. I'd really like to find a way to output the list of recently added content to a CSV file which I could have saved to my Dropbox so I could give status board the link and display the new content. I'm sure this is possible and if anyone knows of any resources for a layman to try it out that would be great. Or if anyone has done something like this or it's already possible then that's even better. Thanks in advance for any help.

#8 jimothy083

jimothy083

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:56 AM

Hi, I've got plex running on multiple computers across 2 houses(my parents & My GF) i use trakt, however this would be better if it was naturally integrated rather than a 3rd party app, as i have to sync manually after i watch something at 1 place to go to the other and see where i'm up to. I also have an apple tv(2nd gen) jailbroken and trakt works beautifully as it is integrated with it. So it would be great if i watch something at home it automatically says i've watched it at my gf. etc

#9 BuddaBoy

BuddaBoy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 02:21 AM

Hi all, I'm jumping into this thread as its closely related to what I'm hoping to do, or find someone else has already done hopefully. I have recently downloaded an app called Status Board by a company called Panic. It allows the user to visualise live stats from different sources on the iPad. There is already a few good third part scripts which can be linked into the app but nothing for Plex. I'd really like to find a way to output the list of recently added content to a CSV file which I could have saved to my Dropbox so I could give status board the link and display the new content. I'm sure this is possible and if anyone knows of any resources for a layman to try it out that would be great. Or if anyone has done something like this or it's already possible then that's even better. Thanks in advance for any help.

Grab the live XML from your media server by hitting the http://{server}:3240...y/recentlyAdded url.

#10 gugahoi

gugahoi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:06 AM

Grab the live XML from your media server by hitting the http://{server}:3240...y/recentlyAdded url.

Where do you find the info for all the paths available?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users