• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 grey989

grey989

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:51 PM

I currently have Plex Media server set-up on my windows 7 x64 PC and it is working from my LG TV, IPAD and Asus Transformer Prime.

My Smart TV Upgrader (ST600) is the only one that cannot detect the media server. I have upgraded my firmware to ST.8.79.207 and have tested my LAN connectivity with no issues.

Anyone have any ideas?

#2 davidpmiller

davidpmiller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:13 PM

Hi, I am in a similar situation with my ST600s - there is a beta firmware that may help here http://forums.plexap...0-new-firmware/

Unfortunately, this did not help me and the ST600 won't even see the plex server

I spoke at length to LG - and I can only say they were rude and in complete denial that there was a problem!! If I can find a contact for the head of customer services then I will make a formal complaint - but not sure if that will help!!

Therefore, I have decided to return the ST600s and look at alternatives - maybe ATV3??

Even though my LG tv sees the Plex Server it still has stuttering issues - this is not apparent on the Ipad / iPhone or ATV2 - it is clearly an LG issue - so I think it's time to give LG a wide berth!!!

#3 pmcd

pmcd

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:20 AM

I currently have Plex Media server set-up on my windows 7 x64 PC and it is working from my LG TV, IPAD and Asus Transformer Prime.

My Smart TV Upgrader (ST600) is the only one that cannot detect the media server. I have upgraded my firmware to ST.8.79.207 and have tested my LAN connectivity with no issues.

Anyone have any ideas?

Have you tried using a static ip for the Plex Media Server computer?

philip

#4 grey989

grey989

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:56 PM

I have a DHCP reservation for my computer, so the IP never changes..Ive never gotten the ST600 to find the plex server.

Have you tried using a static ip for the Plex Media Server computer?

philip

#5 mguru

mguru

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:47 PM

I have a DHCP reservation for my computer, so the IP never changes..Ive never gotten the ST600 to find the plex server.

How type connection you use for ST600 , PC, TV. For ASUS and iPad mean use wifi. Is only one router in lan with wifi or more switch router APs ...?

#6 grey989

grey989

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:15 AM

My ST600 is running on wifi, my LG TV is on wifi and my PC running PLEX is wired. I only have 1 router (ASUS RT-N66U)

How type connection you use for ST600 , PC, TV. For ASUS and iPad mean use wifi. Is only one router in lan with wifi or more switch router APs ...?

#7 mguru

mguru

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:27 PM

My ST600 is running on wifi, my LG TV is on wifi and my PC running PLEX is wired. I only have 1 router (ASUS RT-N66U)

Use ST600 wired.

#8 ruudbullit

ruudbullit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:12 AM

Hi, I am in a similar situation with my ST600s - there is a beta firmware that may help here http://forums.plexap...0-new-firmware/

Unfortunately, this did not help me and the ST600 won't even see the plex server

I spoke at length to LG - and I can only say they were rude and in complete denial that there was a problem!! If I can find a contact for the head of customer services then I will make a formal complaint - but not sure if that will help!!

Therefore, I have decided to return the ST600s and look at alternatives - maybe ATV3??

Even though my LG tv sees the Plex Server it still has stuttering issues - this is not apparent on the Ipad / iPhone or ATV2 - it is clearly an LG issue - so I think it's time to give LG a wide berth!!!

hi

i have an lg smart tv with plex running absolutely perfectly, no stuttering at all on full hd and 3d films so maybe your issue isn't down to the tv. i do use wired connections throughout my house, so maybe you should try this