• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gentoo9ball

gentoo9ball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:46 PM

I have the newest release PMS running on the network and a laptop running Windows 7 with the newest release of PMC. I've tried to download Aeon and put it in %appdata%\local\plex\addons\skin.PlexAeon

%appdata%\local\plex\userdata\addons\skin.PlexAeon

%programfiles%\plex\addons\skin.PlexAeon

I've restarted the client several times and still the only skin that shows up in the client's list is the default.

I also tried to download Plex Skin Manager and run that, but it apparently cannot connect to the internet... all while github is open in chrome on the same computer.

What am I doing wrong?

#2 Sereb

Sereb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:40 AM

Hey there,

Thats the old skool way.

I just followed this thread:

http://forums.plexap...x-skin-manager/

It's a skin manager that does all the work for you.

Hope this helps.

#3 gentoo9ball

gentoo9ball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

I was reading through this thread, but everyone was having problems downloading at the end of the thread. After I had problems doing it the old-school way, I downloaded the skin manager and tried it myself. I also couldn't download anything. That's what I was mentioning at the end of the post.

Has the skin manager worked for you recently? What version of it and plex client are you using?

#4 Lightning

Lightning

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:38 AM

I was reading through this thread, but everyone was having problems downloading at the end of the thread. After I had problems doing it the old-school way, I downloaded the skin manager and tried it myself. I also couldn't download anything. That's what I was mentioning at the end of the post.

Has the skin manager worked for you recently? What version of it and plex client are you using?

I, too, have problems with the skins. I, foolishly, ran Preen this morning and Plex has only the default skin left. From my research, this appears to be because Git wasn't installed in Mountain Lion by default. So, I downloaded Git, installed it (I think) and have rerun Preen with no success at all, no error messages, no indication that its failed, just no success with setting skins.

This stuff shouldn't be this hard.

Plex is definitely moving in a direction I don't like of late, but that's my problem I guess. I've just written this because its frustrating. I'll now spend several hours trying to get my favourite skin back, working out what files I have to manually extract into what folder.