• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 NerdCage

NerdCage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

I recently swapped out the hard drive where my Plex library and temp data was located. I initially tried to copy those directories onto the new drive, but had no luck. Nothing was appearing on the Roko, or in the Plex Media Manager.

I rebuilt my Plex library, and everything showed up in the Media Manager. I went to the Roku and I saw I had two of each of my libraries. Two Movies, Two TV Shows.

One of each is identified as being on Dell-M6600. That's my work laptop. Months ago I put a Plex server on that with one movie to run a test. The work Laptop is not turned on, not in the network, not even at my house. The other TV and Movie libraries are correctly identified as being on the unRaid server.

Both sets of libraries are identical. Whether I go into the unRaid or Dell-6600 libraries, I see the same movies, same collections. I can start watching a movie in the unRaid library and resume watching it right where I left off from the Dell-6600 library.

I've restarted the server, I've restarted the Roku (it's a Roku 2 XS).

I recently added a second Roku 2 XS on another TV. It only sees one of each library.

#2 schuyler

schuyler

Plex Dev Team

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3341 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:11 PM

Hmm, that shouldn't be happening, but I have a guess as to how it might happen. If you want to grab the Roku logs I'd love to take a look. If you just want to try to fix it, there's a decent chance you can go to Preferences -> Plex Media Servers -> and then remove the offending server.

#3 NerdCage

NerdCage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:30 AM

Hmm, that shouldn't be happening, but I have a guess as to how it might happen. If you want to grab the Roku logs I'd love to take a look. If you just want to try to fix it, there's a decent chance you can go to Preferences -> Plex Media Servers -> and then remove the offending server.

Well, I tried to grab the logs for you, but when I went to enable them a funny thing happened. As soon as I scrolled down to the preferences row, I was kicked back to the main Roku menu. When I went back into Plex, only the proper libraries on the real server where there. So, it's fixed, sorry I couldn't help you diagnose it.

#4 schuyler

schuyler

Plex Dev Team

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3341 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:31 AM

Huh, that's weird. Thanks for trying, and I'm glad that it's resolved for you.

#5 NerdCage

NerdCage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:47 AM

Huh, that's weird. Thanks for trying, and I'm glad that it's resolved for you.

And it's back... This time I'm getting two copies of my unRaid server showing up (named Batcave). I've attached the logs.

Thanks for taking a look.

Attached Files

#6 schuyler

schuyler

Plex Dev Team

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3341 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:33 AM

Huh, you have two servers with the same name at the same IP but with different machine identifiers:

Server token: http://192.168.1.106:32400\BatCave\b4b2ff28b7aedc3ef8ea792a083cc5598d972240
Server token: http://192.168.1.106:32400\BatCave\05fc509ace59839ca34dd95b8a82e4d480b0515b

Generally speaking, the machine ID shouldn't be changing. This is the unRAID? Did you uninstall and reinstall PMS?

#7 NerdCage

NerdCage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:48 PM

Huh, you have two servers with the same name at the same IP but with different machine identifiers:

Generally speaking, the machine ID shouldn't be changing. This is the unRAID? Did you uninstall and reinstall PMS?

Yes this is unRAID, no to reinstalling PMS. This all started when I replaced the hard drive I was using as my cache drive. At that point I had to redo my Plex Library. Would that cause it?

#8 schuyler

schuyler

Plex Dev Team

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3341 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:19 PM

Possibly. I'll see if I can track down someone who knows the unRAID PMS better than I do. On some platforms we try to use a meaningful machine ID, on others we just create a unique ID on first run and store it for future use. unRAID is probably in the latter camp, so if you replaced the drive where it had written the prefs and the synthetic machine ID, it makes sense that it would have created a new machine ID. But did you replace the drive twice? Hasn't this happened twice now?

#9 NerdCage

NerdCage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:33 AM

Possibly. I'll see if I can track down someone who knows the unRAID PMS better than I do. On some platforms we try to use a meaningful machine ID, on others we just create a unique ID on first run and store it for future use. unRAID is probably in the latter camp, so if you replaced the drive where it had written the prefs and the synthetic machine ID, it makes sense that it would have created a new machine ID. But did you replace the drive twice? Hasn't this happened twice now?

No, only replaced it once. The first time this was happening it was (somehow) seeing a server on a machine that was not even turned on.

When I replaced the drive, I copied the library and temp folders, hoping that would maintain my library. It didn't, so I redid the library. Is it possible some of the files weren't overwritten with the creation of the new library?

Can I delete both servers on the Roku, and somehow have it refind only the one that actually exists?

#10 schuyler

schuyler

Plex Dev Team

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3341 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:41 AM

You should be able to just remove the servers from the Roku and readd them. As long as the machine ID doesn't change again, which it shouldn't, you won't see anything duplicated.

#11 NerdCage

NerdCage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:07 AM

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users