1 reply to this topic

#1 jo_r

jo_r

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:04 PM

Dear all,

I've been playing for a long time with XBMC and having now a Synology NAS, I'm now using Plex.
I've been searching for weeks now solutions to my problems and cannot find answers.
Maybe some of you could help so thanks in advance.

1. Most movies I have are French. Even though the file title is in French, displayed movies titles are in English. How to change this ?
2. I manually installed the xbmc nfo importer and modified the xml file as found on this forum. The agent is displayed in the web
interface but when using it, it only retrieves the movie title (no other metadata and no cover) (for information each movie is located
in a folder whose name is the movie name and I have a "folder.jpg" file for the cover, title.nfo (title beeing the movie title), title.tbn
for the thumbnail and title-fanart.jpg for the fanart. I'm lost and don't know what is wrong.

Question : is there a way to retrieve the genre (horror, crime, etc) and show as collection ?
I would like to use first the xbmc nfo importer and if there is no information, then use a another agent like freebase.

When moving from xbmc (using xbne nfo to srap my media) to Plex I was quite suprised to see that scraping is really very very slow and web interface also.

Thank you all and sorry for my English that is not too good. I hope I'm clear enough.

#2 pierrejean75

pierrejean75

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:58 AM

I have exactly the same problem as you ... Plex with the XBMC nfo importer recognize only the title on my movies... and is very very slow ... on my Synology ...

And I do not find how to resolve this problem....

Please PLEX ... make us a good XBMC nfo importer

Dear all,

I've been playing for a long time with XBMC and having now a Synology NAS, I'm now using Plex.
I've been searching for weeks now solutions to my problems and cannot find answers.
Maybe some of you could help so thanks in advance.

1. Most movies I have are French. Even though the file title is in French, displayed movies titles are in English. How to change this ?
2. I manually installed the xbmc nfo importer and modified the xml file as found on this forum. The agent is displayed in the web
interface but when using it, it only retrieves the movie title (no other metadata and no cover) (for information each movie is located
in a folder whose name is the movie name and I have a "folder.jpg" file for the cover, title.nfo (title beeing the movie title), title.tbn
for the thumbnail and title-fanart.jpg for the fanart. I'm lost and don't know what is wrong.

Question : is there a way to retrieve the genre (horror, crime, etc) and show as collection ?
I would like to use first the xbmc nfo importer and if there is no information, then use a another agent like freebase.

When moving from xbmc (using xbne nfo to srap my media) to Plex I was quite suprised to see that scraping is really very very slow and web interface also.

Thank you all and sorry for my English that is not too good. I hope I'm clear enough.