• 2 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:19 PM

My current setup:
Uverse - TV and Internet
WHS - stored content - plex media server
Roku
Mac Mini - to TV
Double NAT - uverse router plus Asus n66u router

Since I have a double, NAT I needed to put uverse router into to "router to router" and enable "dmz plus" to get my plex to work. Which I got working.

My issue is, by setting up the uverse route into "router to router" I now LOST Uverse TV because the uverse receiver needs to see the ip's, a mac address off, or something else from the uverse router. Not sure which but I've tried many different ways to get this to work.

If you have solved this issue, please let me know, how you got your Uverse TV to work, while the uverse router is set into "router to router" and "dmz mode".

Cheers
The TV business is uglier than most things. It is normally perceived as some kind of cruel and shallow money trench through the heart of the journalism industry, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs, for no good reason.
Hunter S. Thompson

#2 wineaux

wineaux

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:28 PM

You're going to have to set the uVerse 2-Wire gateway into DMZ+ mode, and put your own router behind that. This will give you your television back, unless you messed with something on the 2-Wire you weren't supposed to and cocked up your IPTV that way. My suggestion, and I hate sending you into that special piece of Hell on earth that is the uVerse phone tree system, but you probably need to talk to tech support and find out what the correct settings on your 2-Wire are to enable IPTV again.

One thought I just had, is that the 2-Wire is expecting to send your IPTV signals to specific IP addresses of the the Cisco IPTV boxes at your TV's, and since your own router is handling things, those Cisco boxes are now on another network with different network addresses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users