4 replies to this topic

#1 dadrepuS

dadrepuS

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:44 AM

Just hooked up an airport extreme and now have no myplex. It did not autoconfig like with the old modem. Just don't know what to put where but I think i'm in the right spot. How do I fill this in?
Posted Image
PMS- Mac Mini 2.53
Clients- AppleTV 1, Roku XR, Mac Mini
Storage- 7TB external WD.

#2 swiss4fun

swiss4fun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:33 AM

In Public TCP Port you would put 32400, the same for Private TCP Port (this is unless you configured plex server with a different manual port).
The IP Address, I assume, is the internal address of your PMS?
This should do it.
I guess you would have to go to your PMS manager and in the myplex setting, set a checkmark at "manual port forwarding". You would also see here what port is currently used (default is 32400)

#3 Chris C

Chris C

Plex Employee

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8647 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

A little late to the party here, but...

On the preceding window (i.e. Airport Utility > 'Network' tab), you should see an "Enable NAT Port Mapping Protocol" checkbox above the Port Mapping section. Tick that checkbox to enable "NAT-PMP", which is one of the protocols that the Plex Media Server (PMS) can use to try to auto-configure your connection. In most home setups, if you have that enabled and you don't manually specify a port in the PMS preferences, then you'll be good to go.

If you want to specify your own port and configure things that way, then choose the port number you want (as an example, we'll imagine you chose port 32976). So, in the screenshot you have above, you'd put:

The internal port is always going to be 32400. In the PMS preferences, you'd enable the Manually Specify Port and then enter the "32976".

Need help? Having trouble?
» Visit our Support Site for documentation, guides, and more - including the Getting Started section!
» Provide Log Files when reporting issues // Name and Organize your content correctly for best results

(please, no private messages unless requested)

#4 dadrepuS

dadrepuS

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

Thanks for the assistance. It works now.
PMS- Mac Mini 2.53
Clients- AppleTV 1, Roku XR, Mac Mini
Storage- 7TB external WD.

#5 Dimi6957

Dimi6957

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:45 PM

I have searched hard, and failed million times, But I finally discovered how to publish your Plex server online with an Airport Extreme or Time Machine set up as a wireless router (behind any kind of Modem). Here it is... 

Step 1 - Get behind the computer on witch the modem is connected to by cable.

Step 2 - Go to your modem's setup program or site. 

If you have a modem that also creates a Wifi network, switch this option off.

Finally turn of any firewall active there. (You can still use a firewall software

your computer)

Step 3 - Apple Time! Plug in the AirPort Extreme or Time Machine and connect it to 

to the modem. Open Airport Configuration program. Create a network. 

On the Internet tab, open Network options... and set to Automatic/Native/                     

IPv6 connection sharing box checked. 

In the Network tab, set router mode to Bridge.

Check the Acces controle box. 

In the Network options check all boxes. 

Save the changes you made.

Step 4 - Go to Plex Mediaserver preferences, and see...

Greets,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users