• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 juraitwaluzka

juraitwaluzka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:16 PM

Just installed the server on Ubuntu 10.04.

I added a TV Shows section, and things started to show up.

I did the same process with movies too. Everything looked ok at this point although I never actually tried to play anything.

I needed to do some reorganizing, so I removed all these sections then later re-added them

Now nothing shows up at all. I even copied new media in (creating new folders) and nothing shows up.

At this point I have no problem just completely starting over although I'm not sure exactly how to do that. It looks like some files are stored in /var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server

Can I just 'sudo service plexmediaserver stop', remove that stuff, restart the service and start fresh?

Another point - what I'm trying to do - basically I have some stuff I want to watch. Once I watch it I delete it. It's cool that it downloads all the fancy meta data, but honestly I don't really care. I could see the raw filenames in a list and it would be fine with me. My main goal is to be able to stream it to my new Roku. I've been using a 1st gen AppleTV with XBMC on it, which works ok but it doesn't have the horsepower for 720p, plus I like the other stuff available with Roku.

Anyway, hard to watch things when they don't even show up :)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

#2 juraitwaluzka

juraitwaluzka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:13 AM

Ok, so I uninstalled then reinstalled and everything is showing up again.

It still doesn't show everything, I guess I need to read through the docs some more, but one example is The Wire - all 5 seasons showed up properly (each is in a folder Season 1, Season 2...), however I also have another folder named Extras which has outtakes, bonus features etc and none of this shows up, even if I used the 'folder' filter.

Is there some way to make the extra stuff show up or is that 'just the way it works'?

#3 Trudge

Trudge

Gone off to greener pastures....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9403 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:38 AM

Ok, so I uninstalled then reinstalled and everything is showing up again.

It still doesn't show everything, I guess I need to read through the docs some more, but one example is The Wire - all 5 seasons showed up properly (each is in a folder Season 1, Season 2...), however I also have another folder named Extras which has outtakes, bonus features etc and none of this shows up, even if I used the 'folder' filter.

Is there some way to make the extra stuff show up or is that 'just the way it works'?

http://wiki.plexapp.com/index.php/Media_Naming_and_Organization_Guide
Primary PMS: Ubuntu 13.10, i7-4771, 16GB Ram, Samsung 840 Pro 512GB
Media Storage: 2 x ReadyNas Pro Business 18TB mounted by NFS to Plex Server
Desktop Clients: 1 x Windows 7 27", 1 x 15.4 Retina MBP, 2 x17" MBP, 1 x 13" MB, 1 x13" MBA
Mobile Clients: 2 x iPhone 5s, 3 x iPhone 5, 3 x iPhone 4s, 3 x iPhone 4, 2 x iPad 3, 2 x iPad 2
Airplay & PlexConnect Targets: 4 x ATV3

#4 juraitwaluzka

juraitwaluzka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

Thanks. That has been helpful but things are still spotty.

For example, it says this:

Note: If an extra item you have doesn't have a corresponding "episode" entry on TheTVDB in the Specials season, Plex will not be able to get information about it. If desired, you could still have it scan in without metadata by using a "fake" special episode number that isn't already in use for that show - for example, "s00e99".

So, I renamed all the special features for The Wire, of which there are 40, like s00e50 through s00e90 - except only 25 show up. And when they do show up, of course all I see is Episode 50, Episode 51, ... I understand that there is not going to be information for these on the next, but enough info is in the filename where if it just showed that it would be enough.

On the items that didn't show up, it was probably because it was named something like "Season 1 Episode 1 Commentary". So, figuring that was causing a conflict I renamed it something benign, but it still doesn't show up when I rescan (tried both turbo and deep scans).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users