• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#81 caboose014

caboose014

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:35 PM

Correct me if I am wrong ( I have not tried yet ) but the current RetroPlex skin will still work with PHT 1.0.x ...wont it?

all-thin-banner.jpg

#82 se.bastian

se.bastian

Plex Employee

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:45 PM

Ok, i understand and i'll just wait.  

In the meantime, do you have any plan for adding other views to the new plex skin? Like a banner view for tvshows and a list or big poster view for movies; that would be great!

There are always new exciting things cooking, but at the same time we wish to keep the official skin as clutter-free as possible, so i doubt it'll ever get as many different views as most third-party ones have. But yeah, it's not complete just yet  :)

Correct me if I am wrong ( I have not tried yet ) but the current RetroPlex skin will still work with PHT 1.0.x ...wont it?

It should. Try it out  :)  The thing is that before it's updated it'll continue to have the secondary filters screen and no filters in Library views, nor Preplay. But it *should* work.

• roaring likes this

#83 Declan

Declan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:53 PM

Sweet, I was about to ask about the secondary screen in retroplex, great to hear you will be working on putting it into the menu. Really like what you did with it in the plex theme.

Should we still pull from the next beta branch or will you be merging everything into master now that PHT is official?

#84 rubens.pro

rubens.pro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 04:13 AM

Sorry... So I didn't..

I have added the profile to GitHub as it is still in development, so you can keep getting the latest version!

Here is the link:

https://github.com/c...PlexHomeTheater

Thanks,

Hello Jordan, I'm here to thank you about this profile, I'm a Brazilian Savant integrator and looking for some ideas! if you need some help I'm here too

#85 aeonx

aeonx

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:56 PM

I am always left wondering why Plex skin posts don't show a few screenshots. Do I really have to install it just to see if I like it? After all, skins are entirely about how it looks.  :blink:

#86 BigWheel

BigWheel

Keeps Turning

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6296 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:25 PM

there was a skin manager app, Preen, that had them in it but it doesn't work anymore as far as i know

Please do not send me private messages unless requested.

Splinter A great little horror/monster movie
The Knick my new addiction

Need help? Having trouble?
» Visit the Support Site for documentation, guides, and more - including the Getting Started section
» Provide Log Files when reporting issues Name and Organize your content correctly for best results

#87 ccwillia

ccwillia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 07:32 PM

The method used to launch the iTunes channel from the main menu no longer works in Plex Home Theater.  Any ideas how to fix this?  It appears the channels menu can be called up using plexserver://channels/ , however i haven't found a way to manipulate this to get at the channels (iTunes, iPhoto, ...) directly. Any help that can be provided is appreciated

#88 skdubg

skdubg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 08:47 AM

it doesnt work with PHT 1.3.0

PHT stops at start screen and crashes

#89 dlanor

dlanor

Plex Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1817 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 11:13 AM

it doesnt work with PHT 1.3.0

PHT stops at start screen and crashes

While it's true that no Retroplex skin has been updated to include all current PHT features, that doesn't mean it has to crash. I've just tested re-installing it myself, and within its (obsolete) limitations it works fine.

But some of the versions available will crash, as they are too obsolete to work at all with current PHT.

The version I use is called "Retroplex-next-beta", and its specific version number is v1.1.9 (stated in its addon.xml).
It is the one on the github page currently linked to in the first post of this thread.

Note that it's possible to instead download the 'master' branch from the same download link of the same page, and that version of the skin is completely obsolete and unusable with current PHT. So make sure that the branch selector gadget on that page shows "next-beta" as the active branch before you use the ZIP download link.

Btw: Regardless of the skin used, even with the original default skin, PHT may still crash occasionally at launch.
This has happened sporadically with ALL versions of PHT.
(Something about its initialization seems randomly unreliable.)

Best regards: dlanor

#90 wimvandijck

wimvandijck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 04:08 PM

Hi guys,

is this skin currently working on the latest version of PHT?

I used to use this on the previous incarnation of PHT and really loved it, would love to get it back on my screen...

Best,

Wim

#91 dlanor

dlanor

Plex Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1817 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 11:59 AM

Hi guys,

is this skin currently working on the latest version of PHT?

I used to use this on the previous incarnation of PHT and really loved it, would love to get it back on my screen...

Best,

Wim

I'm sorry, but I think it's now impossible to use this skin at all with current PHT.

There have been too many skin-related changes in the main program, and this skin hasn't been updated in years.

It could still be used with a very old version of PHT, but then you'll miss all new PHT features.

Btw: There are ways of having multiple versions of PHT for use on the same PC.

So you could have an old PHT version in parallel to the current one, for use when you want a 'nostalgic' skin.

This is done by copying an installed program folder elsewhere, and then making a batch/shortcut to launch that PHT executable with "-p" parameter.

That will cause the program to create a subfolder named "portable_data" inside the new program folder, and use that instead of the system's %appdata% subfolder.

Once you've made those changes the original installed PHT program can be uninstalled, as the new 'portable' version is not dependent on installation.

You can then make a new install with another version of PHT, and repeat the same procedure for it, to achieve multiple portable versions.

Each of these versions is independent of all the others. (Just make sure you only run one of them at a time, as they use the same PC resources.)

This also means that these portable setups can run on other PCs, without changes, provided only that those PCs have the needed runtime packages.

Just make sure to ALWAYS launch the program from a batch or shortcut using the "-p" parameter, to enable the portable usage.

Else the program will try to operate as if installed to the Windows system, creating new %appdata% subfolder etc.

Installation of custom skins for such a portable setup is done by copying the custom skin folder to the subfolder named "addons" inside the above-mentioned subfolder named "portable_data" inside the portable program folder, so NOT into the other subfolder named "addons" in the top level of the portable program folder (that one is intended for original addons, not custom ones).

When launching an old PHT version for the first time it is a good idea to do so with your network adapter disabled, so that you can disable the automatic check for PHT updates, which would effectively replace the old version with whatever is current at the time. Once you've disabled that check you can enable the network adapter again and use PHT without fear of undue updating. You find it in the submenu: Preferences > System > 'Software Update'. But with the oldest versions this procedure will be unnecessary, since they didn't have auto-updating.

I should add that this procedure is what I've used on Windows PCs, I'm not sure if the same is possible under Linux or OSX.

Best regards: dlanor