9 replies to this topic

#1 Jocho

Jocho

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

Hi
After the recent update, my plex media server is not working well..... I have checked with different files, and more or less all of them give me the same problem.
Every time that I tried to open a new movie/TV show, it opens really quick however after a few seconds it stop or jumps between scenes until it finally stop

I think it is an issue with the PMS, because if I do it in my Mac or in the webApp everything is OK, however if I tried to do it in the iPhone or Apple TV, it gave me the same problem

I have already download it again and reinstall however the issue persist

Please, I really appreciate if someone could help me

Thanks in advance

#2 luckyme

luckyme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:48 PM

Hi!
I had the same issue.

Yesterdays update on my Mac OS X made the Plex Server to stop streaming well over WIFI.

I just went back to an older version in the wiki (0.9.7.7). Then I installed it, and selected "replace existing application" and everything started working again.

http://wiki.plexapp....#Mac_OS_X_-_PMS

Hope this helps to you.

Lucho

PS: of course this does not solve the problem. it just reinstalls the previous version that used to work fine.
You may check, after installing the old version, the default settings in the "streaming" part, in case you find the setting that is different in the new version....

#3 Jocho

Jocho

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

Thanks luckyme I will try it... however as you said it won't solve the issue. Is this something that happened just to a few people or it is an issue in the new version? Something that we are doing wrong?

#4 mdickey62

mdickey62

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

Ever since the new update, the media manager is not recognizing any new movies or tv shows added to the directory system.

I have determined that this is related to a different issue.

#5 tsatrom

tsatrom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:17 PM

I having the same issue on my Mac. I will revert to the last update until this is fixed. I too think its an issue with wifi streaming to apple devices.

Hi
After the recent update, my plex media server is not working well..... I have checked with different files, and more or less all of them give me the same problem.
Every time that I tried to open a new movie/TV show, it opens really quick however after a few seconds it stop or jumps between scenes until it finally stop

I think it is an issue with the PMS, because if I do it in my Mac or in the webApp everything is OK, however if I tried to do it in the iPhone or Apple TV, it gave me the same problem

I have already download it again and reinstall however the issue persist

Please, I really appreciate if someone could help me

Thanks in advance

#6 desolat

desolat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

Hello,

I have a LG47LM640S v.4.10.37 and on my iMac running a Plex Media Server v0.9.7.9.375-d056f10.

Yesterday I got the server to the above version updated. Whenever I start the server, does my LG TV to restart at the very moment when the LG TV finds the server.

This problem exists since the update to v0.9.7.9.375-d056f10.

Does anyone have the same problem, only works it, with Plex Media Server 0.9.5.2 .

Thank you very much

MFG

Desolat

#7 portugoose

portugoose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

I just noticed a similar problem when trying to use plex on my iPad. I tried playing an episode of a korean drama I am watching. I have already watched an episode of this show on my iPad with subtitles on and had no problems. I updated to the new version of PMS just recently. I tried to watch an episode of my show today. It starts out ok, but it seems to stall every time there is a line of dialogue. The corresponding subtitle is not displayed. After a lines of dialogue it crashes the iPad client. I then disabled the subtitles and tried again. Now the video played fine just as before, except of course without the subtitles. I switched back to the PMS version I was using before and everything went back to normal. I am running PMS on mid 2009 iMac running OS 10.6.8. I noticed the problem on my iPad client and on my apple TV client. Were any of you trying to watch shows with subtitles? If so, does disabling the subtitles help?

By the way the episode I was trying to play was in an MKV container with the subtitles muxed in to the file.

#8 Different Computers

Different Computers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

Really similar experience. 0.9.7.9 .

Unfortunately, in a glut of updating, fixing and tweaking, I also updated my Mac Mini from 10.6.8 to 10.7.5. So I'm unsure if the problems I'm having now are entirely related to the server update. However, I can tell that 0.9.7.7, which I reverted to, now has the same problems: Choppy, poor playback of Netflix and an unwillingness to play audio of Netflix. Audio of interface clicks works just fine. This is pushing audio out of the digital audio out port.

#9 tsatrom

tsatrom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:22 AM

I think you're correct when saying subtitles are causing the problem. I too was watching with subtitles.

I just noticed a similar problem when trying to use plex on my iPad. I tried playing an episode of a korean drama I am watching. I have already watched an episode of this show on my iPad with subtitles on and had no problems. I updated to the new version of PMS just recently. I tried to watch an episode of my show today. It starts out ok, but it seems to stall every time there is a line of dialogue. The corresponding subtitle is not displayed. After a lines of dialogue it crashes the iPad client. I then disabled the subtitles and tried again. Now the video played fine just as before, except of course without the subtitles. I switched back to the PMS version I was using before and everything went back to normal. I am running PMS on mid 2009 iMac running OS 10.6.8. I noticed the problem on my iPad client and on my apple TV client. Were any of you trying to watch shows with subtitles? If so, does disabling the subtitles help?

By the way the episode I was trying to play was in an MKV container with the subtitles muxed in to the file.

#10 Different Computers

Different Computers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

My Netflix problems continue. It's not as if it's constantly buffering--I know what that looks like. It's jerky, unwatchable Netflix of any kind.

This is doubly odd because netflix in a browser window on the same Mac Mini works fine.

Here's what I've done to attempt a fix:

Reverted back one server revision.
Restarted.
Reinstalled Silverlight.

In the midst of this I've also gotten a DSL speed bump from my ISP, and I've tested the connection. It's now as much as 5x faster than it was back when Plex was working fine with Netflix!

Other kinds of video inside of Plex work fine: Vimeo, YouTube, Comedy Central feeds of various kinds.

I'm pretty stumped.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users