2 replies to this topic

#1 atdnr

atdnr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

Hello,

I'm running Plex on a Win 7 machine and a Sony Google TV Bluray.
I have the latest Silverlight and Flash players installed.
When I navigate to my Hulu que through Plex on the Win7 machine, and try to play a video in my que, I get the message, "The media server is not responding".

If I try to do play a video from my Hulu que through Google TV,I receive the message, "Plex was unable to play the media, as there was an unexpected problem with the media player. Sadly..."

I get the same results when trying to use the "Food Network" channel.

But, when trying to use ABC family, everything works just fine.

Seeing as my main goal is to be able to use the Hulu channel, this is quite frustrating.

Can anyone provide some answers/suggestions?

#2 mrdrbdt

mrdrbdt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:43 AM

I have a similar issue, where hulu fails to play yet other channels (I've tried The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, TED Talks, PBS, ABC, CBS) all work fine. I have silverlight and flash installed correctly. I am able to play hulu fine using any web browser (chrome, firefox, ie) on the PlexMediaServer computer.

The mediaserver is running headless on a Hyper-V VM. I read somewhere that running headless can cause issues due to not having a sound driver. I installed VACto use as a virtual sound card. I am able to see the levels change on the virtual sound card when I play Hulu through the web browser.

I get an error message similar to "The Media File Could Not Be Played", or some such thing.

#3 Gerk

Gerk

Plugin Developer

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

I get the same results when trying to use the "Food Network" channel.

I just sent along a fix for the Food Network channel, it was broken. Not sure how long it will take to get through the process and go live on the channel store, but it's coming. Can't give you any advice on Hulu (it doesn't work outside the US so I can't test it).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users