• Please log in to reply
228 replies to this topic

#21 dave1979ad

dave1979ad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:17 AM

I would need to look into it more. So far it doesn't not look like it since I get rejected to even look at the site from the US. I'll try with a NL VPN later this week and see if I can get anywhere and if its setup similar to US HBO.

Sounds like you just have Plex Media Server installed and are connecting to the web interface with your browser? Try downloading and running the client, Plex Media Center for your OS or one of the other clients for roku or your mobile phone, etc.

Thanks for the really quick reply! Yes, sorry I didn't specify -- I'm on Plex Media Server for Windows. When I use PMS, the HBOGO app just forwards me to the HBOGO official website. Nothing will play thru PMS. I suspect that this occurs because I am not logged into HBOGO.

I also have Plex Media Center on my Android tablet. Although I'm able to select an HBO video to watch via the app, the videos do not load.

I suspect that the reason is that HBOGO requires a login in order to view videos.

Please let me know how if at all, using Plex Media Center, I can enter my HBOGO login info such that I am able to view the videos via Plex Media Center on my tablet.

Is there a place to enter a channel-specific login/pass?

Please let me know. Thanks again.

#22 brandonm

brandonm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:46 AM

Thanks for the really quick reply! Yes, sorry I didn't specify -- I'm on Plex Media Server for Windows. When I use PMS, the HBOGO app just forwards me to the HBOGO official website. Nothing will play thru PMS. I suspect that this occurs because I am not logged into HBOGO.

I also have Plex Media Center on my Android tablet. Although I'm able to select an HBO video to watch via the app, the videos do not load.

I suspect that the reason is that HBOGO requires a login in order to view videos.

Please let me know how if at all, using Plex Media Center, I can enter my HBOGO login info such that I am able to view the videos via Plex Media Center on my tablet.

Is there a place to enter a channel-specific login/pass?

Please let me know. Thanks again.

Yes, that is the way the Plex Media Servers web interface works, it just forwards you to the url and you would need to login via hbogo.com. I don't know of any way of changing that.

The Android tablet should have a place somewhere in the HBO channel that says Preferences, usually on the main menu screen or like the iPhone an icon in the top right. After you find that and enter your credentials and if it still does not work then referrer to the other posts in this topic to enable the WebKit window to debug the issues.

Good luck.

#23 dave1979ad

dave1979ad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:46 AM

Sorry for asking that incredibly stupid question.

After I entered my credentials, I unfortunately still could not play vids.

Perhaps it's because my provider is Verizon, which is not yet an option.

Thanks again.

#24 brandonm

brandonm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:47 AM

Sorry for asking that incredibly stupid question.

After I entered my credentials, I unfortunately still could not play vids.

Perhaps it's because my provider is Verizon, which is not yet an option.

Thanks again.

Yes, I will need to see about adding them. I will look into that in the next few days.

#25 socbrian

socbrian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

Yes, I will need to see about adding them. I will look into that in the next few days.

Any word on Cable vision?

#26 brandonm

brandonm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

A few have requested support for other providers. I have now added all that HBOGO.com supports. Please check if your provider is included with the latest update. I updated the list in the first post so you can check there by clicking here. Please help test and let us know if your providers is working

To dave1979ad and socbrian:

Verizon FiOS and Optimum have been added. After reading Google I guess Optimum is Cablevision's internet? Anyways try it and let me know...

To tcviper:

I have looked at hbogo.nl and sad to report it is not at all setup like the US version. They are so different they use silverlight for there interface when the US version uses flash. All the behind the scenes stuff is setup different and would be better off in a separate channel. So I wont be able to add that request into this channel.

#27 socbrian

socbrian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:52 AM

Yes cablevision brands their services as optimum

like comcast has xfinity

I can try it out maybe tomorrow, thanks for the hard work!

#28 dave1979ad

dave1979ad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:13 AM

Thanks for the update!

Unfortunately, the vids won't load for me. I'm using the android plex client (version 2.2.3.3). When I try playing a vid, the webkit window displays the HBOGO login screen. After I click to log in, my tablet then shows the HBOGO logo and pretends that it's loading the video. Alas, no vid loads.

The issue is probably Verizon FiOS and the login. I guess I'm out of luck.

Thanks for your hard work on this app.

#29 brandonm

brandonm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

Thanks for the update!

Unfortunately, the vids won't load for me. I'm using the android plex client (version 2.2.3.3). When I try playing a vid, the webkit window displays the HBOGO login screen. After I click to log in, my tablet then shows the HBOGO logo and pretends that it's loading the video. Alas, no vid loads.

The issue is probably Verizon FiOS and the login. I guess I'm out of luck.

Thanks for your hard work on this app.

Try a few times. Make sure you set your login info and select the correct provider in the preferences on the android app. You should not have to do anything in the WebKit window. for Verizon it should load a Verizon log in page then automatically insert and submit your credentials from the preferences then forward to the video. Sometimes the timing is off so it takes a few tries.

#30 cmraducanu@gmail.com

cmraducanu@gmail.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:20 AM

I have a newbie question. How do I install the HBO plugin?
I thought I only needed to put HBO.bundle file in the Plug-ins directory but I don't see the HBO channel...

My server is installed on a mac pro and I opened the plex client on the same system.

Thank you

#31 Xtra7973

Xtra7973

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:07 PM

Running Windows 7 home premium 64bit, I have plex installed and all is working fine. But I cant get this app to show up in my channels on the server. Downloaded the bundle from github extracted the folder HBO.bundle-master to the plugins folder for plex. I made sure I had flash, went into settings and checked Disable capability checking, check mark in webkit window visable. I have no idea what im doing wrong? I removed, re installed, restarted plex and pc multiple times. Does anyone have any advice for me? Am I overlooking something obvious? Im new to plex but im trying.

#32 brandonm

brandonm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

I have a newbie question. How do I install the HBO plugin?
I thought I only needed to put HBO.bundle file in the Plug-ins directory but I don't see the HBO channel...

My server is installed on a mac pro and I opened the plex client on the same system.

Thank you

Yes, then make sure in the server settings you check the box to Disable capability checking then restart the server.

Running Windows 7 home premium 64bit, I have plex installed and all is working fine. But I cant get this app to show up in my channels on the server. Downloaded the bundle from github extracted the folder HBO.bundle-master to the plugins folder for plex. I made sure I had flash, went into settings and checked Disable capability checking, check mark in webkit window visable. I have no idea what im doing wrong? I removed, re installed, restarted plex and pc multiple times. Does anyone have any advice for me? Am I overlooking something obvious? Im new to plex but im trying.

Hmm, everything looks right. Try renaming the folder from HBO.bundle-master to HBO.bundle then restart the server.

#33 Xtra7973

Xtra7973

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:30 PM

Hmm, everything looks right. Try renaming the folder from HBO.bundle-master to HBO.bundle then restart the server.

Well that was it. Thank you I was going crazy trying to figure out what I was doing wrong. Now off to test it. Will report anything I find to you. Thank you so much once again.

#34 UNCHeels

UNCHeels

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:10 AM

I'm not having much success.

I downloaded the 1/16 version, unzipped, renamed to HBO.bundle, placed it in the plug-ins folder, and finally rebooted my machine. The plugin shows up as a channel on both my iPhone 4S and iPad 3 (both running iOS 6.0.1)

When I go to the HBO Go channel, I can only navigate so far (depends on the folder) until I get an error that says "Unable to Load Movies A to Z, The server encountered an error when trying to respond to the request" (the "Movies A to Z" part is dependent on the folders being viewed and can be "Season", "Comedies", etc.). I am never able to drill down far enough to individual movies or TV series episodes in order to try to play a show.

Also, whenever I click on the the settings circle in the top right the entire Plex app crashes.

Was I supposed to do anything else with the install other than above?

I am running Plex Media Server 0.9.7.11 on Windows 7.

Thanks!

#35 brandonm

brandonm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:37 AM

I'm not having much success.

I downloaded the 1/16 version, unzipped, renamed to HBO.bundle, placed it in the plug-ins folder, and finally rebooted my machine. The plugin shows up as a channel on both my iPhone 4S and iPad 3 (both running iOS 6.0.1)

When I go to the HBO Go channel, I can only navigate so far (depends on the folder) until I get an error that says "Unable to Load Movies A to Z, The server encountered an error when trying to respond to the request" (the "Movies A to Z" part is dependent on the folders being viewed and can be "Season", "Comedies", etc.). I am never able to drill down far enough to individual movies or TV series episodes in order to try to play a show.

Also, whenever I click on the the settings circle in the top right the entire Plex app crashes.

Was I supposed to do anything else with the install other than above?

I am running Plex Media Server 0.9.7.11 on Windows 7.

Thanks!

Your errors sound like a preference problem and the only time I ever had trouble with the iOS app crashing was when I was messing with preferences file manually. You can try to delete the pref file at C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Plug-in Support\Preferences\com.plexapp.plugins.hbo.xml and restart the server then try to set to the preferences again from the iOS app.

If that doesn't work, enable debugging in the server settings and check the logs for the HBO channel plugin at C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Logs\PMS Plugin Logs\com.plexapp.plugins.hbo.log

#36 UNCHeels

UNCHeels

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:08 AM

Your errors sound like a preference problem and the only time I ever had trouble with the iOS app crashing was when I was messing with preferences file manually. You can try to delete the pref file at C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Plug-in Support\Preferences\com.plexapp.plugins.hbo.xml and restart the server then try to set to the preferences again from the iOS app.

If that doesn't work, enable debugging in the server settings and check the logs for the HBO channel plugin at C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Logs\PMS Plugin Logs\com.plexapp.plugins.hbo.log

Deleting the pref file seemed to do the trick. I was able to drill down to the movies/TV shows and enter log-in information via settings. I hadn't edited the pref file prior to that, however.

I now get "Loading..." after selecting a movie, but then a "Unable to play media. An unknown problem occured" error. I know playing a movie is problematic at times so will try a few more times and then post debug log if it doesn't work.

Thanks for your help in getting this far.

#37 brandonm

brandonm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:53 AM

Deleting the pref file seemed to do the trick. I was able to drill down to the movies/TV shows and enter log-in information via settings. I hadn't edited the pref file prior to that, however.

I now get "Loading..." after selecting a movie, but then a "Unable to play media. An unknown problem occured" error. I know playing a movie is problematic at times so will try a few more times and then post debug log if it doesn't work.

Thanks for your help in getting this far.

Okay sounds like you're now getting to the point where the Webkit is trying to login then load the video. Try it a few times waiting 1 min between each try to see if it goes though. If it still doesn't work then check my earlier posts where i explained how to enable the Webkit window to debug and see where its getting to. When debugging you dont want to interact with the Webki, just observe what its doing.

#38 UNCHeels

UNCHeels

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

Okay sounds like you're now getting to the point where the Webkit is trying to login then load the video. Try it a few times waiting 1 min between each try to see if it goes though. If it still doesn't work then check my earlier posts where i explained how to enable the Webkit window to debug and see where its getting to. When debugging you dont want to interact with the Webki, just observe what its doing.

I was able to get a movie to stream after trying a few times. One issue, and I don't know if can be addressed via the way the video is getting captured, is that one of the movies I played started half way through the movie instead of the beginning and I was unable to rewind/start fresh. I'm not sure if someone else on my HBO Go account only watched half of the movie so HBO Go auto-started at the half way point (approximately) or if was a plug-in bug that made it not start at the beginning. Thanks again!

#39 brandonm

brandonm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

I was able to get a movie to stream after trying a few times. One issue, and I don't know if can be addressed via the way the video is getting captured, is that one of the movies I played started half way through the movie instead of the beginning and I was unable to rewind/start fresh. I'm not sure if someone else on my HBO Go account only watched half of the movie so HBO Go auto-started at the half way point (approximately) or if was a plug-in bug that made it not start at the beginning. Thanks again!

Good to hear it finally worked. Yes the resuming where you left off is on the HBOGO side. I'm not sure of the best method to "reset" the video yet. I can explain the issue and see if anyone out there has any better ideas.

In Plex browsing the menus and starting a video are completely separate in terms of web browser cookies and there is no way that I know of to link them. Right now the menu side does not do any login procedures at all. All of that is done on the Site Configuration (WebKit) side just before the video is loaded if needed. So as of today's code the only possibility would be to write a JQuery ajax script to post using a HBOGO page just before the video is loaded to reset the video to the beginning for every video as a just in case. This just adds another step in the already long video loading procedure. Creating a separate login procedure on the menu site just to check if we need to reset the video I guess is another possible option but would be a major overhaul since every provider has a different login page.

#40 jdboeck

jdboeck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

I had the earlier channel added, early January, and the channel showed up just fine in my Plex channel list, but it would not work with my DirecTV. Today I downloaded and updated the most recent one, but it still did not work in my Plex through my Roku. I noticed that in the settings under the HBOGO channel, none of the new providers were listed that were added with the new plugin. I uninstalled the channel from my Plex server, which caused an error during removal, but did remove the channel from my channels list. I then deleted the HBO.bundle file in my Plex plugins directory. I then re-unzipped the HBO.bundle back to the .\plugins directory, renamed it to remove "master", and re-loaded Plex server. The channel is still no longer listed. Any thoughts?

***UPDATE***
I discovered that the plex channel plugins are not located in the plex server plugin directory, they are located in the local settings area of my user profile, so once I located the HBO plugin into that area, it showed up on the server's channel list. HOWEVER, I still can not play video in the channel through my Roku. I can play it within the media server on the computer, but what is the point, when I can just go to HBOGO.COM? Any suggestions would be appreciated

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users