Photo

Plex Media Manager gone? Loads empty Safari page... Why?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rbushe

rbushe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

After recently updating pled media server my stand-alone media manager no longer opens. Instead it loads up the internet browser (Safari) with a designated ip address, Which is blank. I've tried reloading the page, using several different browsers. Where has the old media manager gone? And why does it load a web browser?

Any help will be greatly received!

Thanks

#2 schlossperle

schlossperle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

1358013535[/url]' post='339265']
After recently updating pled media server my stand-alone media manager no longer opens. Instead it loads up the internet browser (Safari) with a designated ip address, Which is blank. I've tried reloading the page, using several different browsers. Where has the old media manager gone? And why does it load a web browser?

Any help will be greatly received!

Thanks

The Media Manager is now in the Browser als Plex/Web package. It loads in any bowser, if it loads correctly. I had the same problem after updating. I read somewhere in the blogs that you have to delete the Plex/Web bundle to force it being loaded again. This solved the problem for me. I think it was this one: ~/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/WebClient.bundle. But make a backup before deleting it or google it, because I am not 100% sure this was the package to delete. Good luck!
Mac mini Server 2011 OS X 10.8.2 - Plex Media Server 0.9.7.12
Synology DS412+ DSM 4.0 (hosting the media)
LG 47LM660S
Apple TV 3
iPad 4

#3 rbushe

rbushe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

You absolute CHAMPION. It worked straight away like a treat! This has been plaguing me for the last month and i've searched high and low for the answer! Thanks so much. feeeeeeeew

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users