11 replies to this topic

#1 ynamite

ynamite

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:09 AM

Hi all

First of all some praise for the Plex suite: I love the living crap out of it :) Thank you very much for making this awesome software available for practically zero dollars. One love!

I just have one small problem and I can't seem to find any official info on this issue, unless I'm blind, so here's my question:

Do channels (such as itunes) work at all in the latest Plex client software for Windows?

I have the latest PMS running on a Mac Mini and the latest Plex client running on a PC with Windows 8 (not the vile app) and everything, besides the channels, is working perfectly. Channels do however work on other clients, such es the iPhone and iPad apps or the Plex Client for Mac.

If this is indeed the case, is there any information on when this issue (which really isn't a huge one, but a little annoying nonetheless) is going to be fixed? I'm not looking for a specific date/time or anything, but can we assume that it'll be fixed for the next version?

Or is there a "working" workaround? I've tried a couple of things, to no avail. Again, not a big issue, but I'd love to be able to listen to my iTunes library at work :)

Thanks for any information and again, thank you for this amazing piece of software!

Best
ynamite

#2 TurbineSeaplane

TurbineSeaplane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

I have noticed the exact same issue.
Must be a known bug as its fixed on the builds of Plex For Home Theater for Windows.

#3 ynamite

ynamite

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

Must be a known bug as its fixed on the builds of Plex For Home Theater for Windows.

Strange that there isn't any official info on this. But thanks for chiming in, I was beginning to think that it's just me.

What's the "Plex for Home Theater" builds? I've never seen any mention of that before ...

#4 ynamite

ynamite

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

bump

#5 exhu83

exhu83

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

Glad to read that I'm not alone .. :)

Same issue here, no channels in the Windows PlexMediaCenter menu, all other sections like TV Shows, etc are OK
I'm connected directly to the PMS, not logged on My/Plex.

Any official statement about this ?

#6 ynamite

ynamite

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

bump the second ... any devs able to comment? Seems like these boards are really quiet. Is there anybody out there? ANYBODY?

#7 Gizmokid2005

Gizmokid2005

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:18 AM

I get the same thing. The log seems to indicate that the client is trying to connect locally only for the channel information when it should be grabbing the server's information...I've done lots of searching and see no resolution to this at all :(

#8 JofCore

JofCore

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:44 AM

bump. same issue here. If I run the client on the same machine that the server is running on, channels show up and work ok. But on other clients (like laptop on same network), no channels show up... (using Plex Media Center as client on both)

#9 JofCore

JofCore

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:09 AM

found a work-around, more details in this post: http://forums.plexap...__1#entry350818

#10 waghelak

waghelak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:04 PM

any further update on this as i have the same issue, channels shows up on iphone web interface but not on windows client running remotely.

#11 omarti321

omarti321

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:02 PM

Bump on this thread,

I am having the same/similar issue of channels not working on my Windows client. Sometimes they show up sometimes they don't. After looking at kmhanser's workaround it got me thinking if it's a wifi issue (at least on the local network). If I connect my laptop to the router with an ethernet cable and then open PMC, the channels come right up as selectable items. If I connect over wifi it's hit or miss, mostly miss.

Don't know if this will help shed some light on the issue but if anyone is willing to look at logs let me know which one's I should get.

Note: If I unplug my ethernet cable after opening PMC and allow the laptop to kick over to wifi while keeping PMC open the channels will continue to work.

#12 cybrnetix

cybrnetix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:14 PM

Found an easier workaround.... Since the channels work locally just install the sever software on the client machine as well... set it up with login info only ... then sit back an enjoy the channels....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users