• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 eszabo

eszabo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

Hi guys. I have my plex media server running on a Mac Mini. It works fine with all my apple-products.
I just installed the PMS on my brother's Windows 7-computer, and on all the files I try to stream I get: "Cannot load M3U8: crossdomain access denied". Any help would be appreciated.

#2 Craig.Kauffman@gmail.com

Craig.Kauffman@gmail.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:39 PM

Same here. Can someone reply?

#3 n00tz

n00tz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:40 PM

You're aren't the only ones.

Same issue here, but Plex/web client (Chrome on Windows) Windows Server.

#4 elan

elan

Sheriff of Plexville

• Sheriff Of Plexville
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7412 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:59 PM

Can we get a few more details here?

1. Are you accessing the server via a browser on the same machine?

2. If you access http://localhost:32400/crossdomain.xml on the server machine, does it work?

3. What sort of content are you trying to play (e.g. library, channel)?

Instagram: @elan
The Plex blog.
The wife's photography site.
The brother's photography blog.
The dog's twitter feed.

#5 Sofabutt

Sofabutt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:09 AM

Can we get a few more details here?

1. Are you accessing the server via a browser on the same machine?

2. If you access http://localhost:32400/crossdomain.xml on the server machine, does it work?

3. What sort of content are you trying to play (e.g. library, channel)?

I have the same issue.  Until tonight I was able to watch the videos on my plex server from work, but it has stopped working.  I am getting the same error.

I am using a Mac MIni at home and accessing the Plex server from a work machine running Windows 7 using Internet Explorer 9.

I am simply trying to watch the DVDs that I have in my library (mp4 and m4v)  I tried another machine here at work, but still no go.

The content is accessible  from my LAN (which are all Macs)

#6 ericmatthys

ericmatthys

Plex Employee

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2426 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:55 AM

I have the same issue.  Until tonight I was able to watch the videos on my plex server from work, but it has stopped working.  I am getting the same error.

I am using a Mac MIni at home and accessing the Plex server from a work machine running Windows 7 using Internet Explorer 9.

I am simply trying to watch the DVDs that I have in my library (mp4 and m4v)  I tried another machine here at work, but still no go.

The content is accessible  from my LAN (which are all Macs)

Could you try accessing http://remote.ip.add...crossdomain.xml (substituting in your server info) from work?

#7 Sofabutt

Sofabutt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:13 AM

I get the following:

#8 Sofabutt

Sofabutt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:28 AM

Am I the only person having issues with this now?

#9 ramin2002

ramin2002

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:36 AM

same problem using plexweb

#10 Sofabutt

Sofabutt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:34 AM

Maybe this is just coincidence, but I turned off pop-up blocker in IE9 and I was able to watch a movie on plex-web.  I turned it back on and it continued to work.  Maybe I just got lucky...

#11 ericmatthys

ericmatthys

Plex Employee

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2426 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:34 PM

Does it happen on all browsers? If you are using IE9, try Chrome or Firefox. Also, try disabling all extensions before testing the player just to rule out any interference from 3rd parties.

#12 budofroku

budofroku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:08 PM

When attempting to watch Foodtv shows, I received this error.  Any ideas?  Please let me know what items you need for research.

#13 Sofabutt

Sofabutt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:01 PM

It happens in other browsers as well. 

I disabled all the extensions and add-ons and still no luck.

The one time I got it to work since this started happening must have been a fluke since it hasn't worked after that.

#14 meiskam

meiskam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:19 AM

Plex Version 0.9.7.28
Windows 7 x64
Server and client (webpage) on the same machine
Browsers tried: Firefox 23.0, Chrome Version 24.0.1312.52 m, Opera 12.12.1707, Safari 5.1.7 (7534.57.2)

Content of http://127.0.0.1:32400/crossdomain.xml

<cross-domain-policy><site-control permitted-cross-domain-policies="all"/><allow-access-from domain="*" secure="false"/><allow-http-request-headers-from domain="*" headers="SOAPAction,Content-Type"/></cross-domain-policy>

Error: "Cannot load M3U8: crossdomain access denied"

Videos in my library work fine, but I get the same error on the following channels:

• NASA
  • National Geographic

(I tried a few other channels, and know that Spike and TED Talks both work fine, no errors)

#15 Sofabutt

Sofabutt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:48 PM

I tried Chrome portable from a work computer last night and had no issues. 

The three browsers that I have used that have this error are: IE 9, Opera 15, and Firefox 23

#16 longman391

longman391

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:29 PM

Having the same issue here. Media Server is on my Mac, and I'm trying to watch any video in my library on a Windows 7 machine at work, using IE 9 (I know, I know...)

#17 Mediaconoclast

Mediaconoclast

Plex Ninja

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1586 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:17 PM

Having the same issue here. Media Server is on my Mac, and I'm trying to watch any video in my library on a Windows 7 machine at work, using IE 9 (I know, I know...)

At work, huh? Here's what should work with IE9. Go to Internet Options and the Security Tab. Under the Internet Zone, click on "Custom level..." Scroll down to Miscellaneous and enable "Access data sources across domains."

Of course, if you're in a corporatized environment where you don't have access to the Internet Options (or Flash player installed, etc.), you're SOL.

Edit: Ooops, that's specific to IE10 -- but I'm pretty sure that's the option you want even if it is in a different place :)

| PMS Server: ASUS P8Z77-V Pro, i5-3470 Quad-Core 3.2GHz, 16Gb DDR3 1600MHz | HTPC: ASUS P8H77-I, i3-3225 Dual-Core 3.3GHz, 8Gb DDR3 1600MHz | Network: Gigabit | Other Devices: Roku, Roku2 XS, Roku3, Samsung UN55F6300AFXZA | Primary Frontend: Sony STR-DH520, Sony Bravia2 46" |

“This sort of thing has cropped up before, and it has always been attributable to human error” -- HAL 9000

#18 djdandew

djdandew

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:45 PM

Im also having this issue on my win7 64bit running the latest ver of PMS, Tried on chrome firefox and safari Has anybody found a fix for this?

#19 bornthor

bornthor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:01 PM

I'm also having this problem on multiple pc's and on portable devices. The PC's are all 64bit so I don't know if 32 bit works but I tried enabling "Access data sources across domains" and that didn't do anything for me. I wonder what is causing this.

#20 Xion

Xion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:36 PM

I cannot some Channels on Plex :

1) Twitch.tv (Cannot load M3U8: crossdomain access denied)

2) Justin.tv (Cannot load M3U8: crossdomain access denied)

3) Universal Sports (says on all sections 'This Channel is Currently unavailable')

what should i do ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users