• Please log in to reply
758 replies to this topic

#261 nobody123

nobody123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:47 AM

The Plugin currently does not work for me in Plex 0.9.7.28.33 or later. However, it works ok with Plex Home Theater. PMS tries to transcode the stream, which does even result in transcoded segments, but for whatever reason these will not be delivered to the client. PHT just sends the stream to the remote client.

There is a small problem with Channel lists which include a "/" in the name. You cannot switch to these.

While it is nice to access the Box with PHT, it does not add much functionality to what is already possible with enigma2. But if plex would support transcoding the stream so that mobile clients are able to use it, then it would make sense. I already have a setup which uses VLC + QTSS to deliver similar, but having this inside plex would be great. 

#262 radar

radar

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:14 PM

Hello,

Is this plugin (v0.2 available page 6) working with today's current versions of PMS (0.9.8.4) and PHT (0.9.10.1) on Mac? I'm running a Vu+ Duo with OpenPli 3.0 and Open WebIf 0.2.1.

First, I had to hack the __init__ file and harcode the IP address. For some reason, it was using another conf file (I don't know which one, that I have configured months ago). After that, I managed to have the Dreambox channel working and the list of channels appearing but I cannot stream.

Any help is welcome.

Thanks.

Attached Files

all-thin-banner.jpg

#263 imyrvold

imyrvold

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:02 PM

Yes, it is working with the latest PMS and Plex client. I use it every day for watching live TV from my DM8000.

#264 radar

radar

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:11 PM

Thanks for your answer. Any idea why it's not working for me?

all-thin-banner.jpg

#265 radar

radar

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:35 AM

Hi, me again, any idea why I cannot access my dreambox channels from my Plex despite the ability to load the channel list?

Thanks.

If I look to PMS log file, I have the following errors each time I try to stream a channel:

Sep 01, 2013 12:15:38 [0xb0081000] ERROR - Had trouble breaking ratingKey
Sep 01, 2013 12:15:38 [0xb0081000] ERROR - ERROR: Parsing request failed.

Any idea why it's not working? Note that my dreambox plugin log is three posts up.

all-thin-banner.jpg

#266 Ravager

Ravager

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:02 AM

Yes is working on me.  :D  :rolleyes:  I try on android app and when it show the first frame pop up a message "Can't Play this Video" If I dont press the OK Button the video still play but no sound. If i press the OK button it close. In iOS don't play nothing loading and loading.

#267 pavipollo

pavipollo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:37 PM

Hi everyone. Is anybody succeeded in having the plugin work on a Samsung TV?

#268 DogBoy

DogBoy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:09 PM

Just wanted to confirm with you guys, this only works with PHT, not iOS/Android/Samsung TVs? Can someone confirm... cos at the moment I haven't had much luck ;)

Nick

#269 oysteing

oysteing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:22 PM

Hi!

I you all check the post on top of page 10, there is a list of what's working and what's not. As so many times before, I can confirm that the plugin doesn't work with iOS, Android, Samsung TVs, and webinterface.

oysteing

#270 pavipollo

pavipollo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:36 PM

Hi!

I you all check the post on top of page 10, there is a list of what's working and what's not. As so many times before, I can confirm that the plugin doesn't work with iOS, Android, Samsung TVs, and webinterface.

oysteing

Sorry oysteing but, apart from the fact that since February (the date of you posting on page 10) something could have changed, I see no mention of Samsung TVs in that posting....

#271 radar

radar

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:33 AM

Just wanted to confirm with you guys, this only works with PHT, not iOS/Android/Samsung TVs? Can someone confirm... cos at the moment I haven't had much luck ;)

Nick

I'm not able to make it working even with PHT. Posted few help requests, here and in other sections of the forum, no answer.

all-thin-banner.jpg

#272 lchichiarelli80

lchichiarelli80

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:03 PM

is this project still alive???

I've problems with EPG and Picons....actually this is the last feature that force me to stick with XBMC + PleXBMC

I would love to completely switch to PHT if this plugin will be improved, but at the moment it is not even close to the PVR Plugin in XBMC

#273 radar

radar

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:13 AM

I'm not sure it's still alive. I posted few help requests with no success.

all-thin-banner.jpg

#274 oysteing

oysteing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:00 PM

I'm not sure it's still alive. I posted few help requests with no success.

Hi!

The plugin is still working, but I haven't had any time lately to reply those of you with problems. Often the issue is already answered several times before in this topic, so please read the topic before asking the same questions again. If there is still problems getting the plugin to work with clients that is stated in the top post in page 10, then post the debug logs, and I'll have a look if I get some free time.

oysteing

#275 radar

radar

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:31 PM

Hello,

Thanks for your answer. I was not blaming anyone, just reporting that it does not look alive.

Concerning my issue, I have reported that it concerns PHT on Mac OSX and I have attached logs from both PlexHT and VuDuo box few posts above.

Thanks again for the help.

all-thin-banner.jpg

#276 oysteing

oysteing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:58 PM

What exactly happens when you use the plugin? Everything OK with the Picons and EPG, but no stream? I have only tested with Windows versions, and real Dreamboxes, so it might be something there as well..?

#277 radar

radar

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:48 PM

What exactly happens when you use the plugin? Everything OK with the Picons and EPG, but no stream? I have only tested with Windows versions, and real Dreamboxes, so it might be something there as well..?

It starts loading and never ends. Picon and EPG are okay.
Both dreamboxes and vuduo use enigma2 and work the same way. I'm not an expert but I'd say there should not be any difference.
Thanks for your help.

all-thin-banner.jpg

#278 imyrvold

imyrvold

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:58 AM

I use this plugin as my primary for watching TV now. My Dreambox 8000 isn't even connected to a TV anymore, but is stored away in my spare bedroom. Using the latest Mac Mini under my TV as Plex client, and Mac Pro (4 years old) in my office as server. Works perfectly.

#279 radar

radar

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:54 PM

OK.
So here is what I'm going to do: I have received at work a new macbook pro retina, with fresh install. I'm going to install a new PMS and install only the dreambox plug in then report here.

all-thin-banner.jpg

#280 radar

radar

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:18 PM

As promised, I'm reporting. So I went with a fresh install on a Linux machine finally. Could manage to have PMS running. I added the channel, then had to configure the server settings manually in

/var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-in Support/Preferences/com.plexapp.plugins.dreambox.xml

and in 

/var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/Dreambox.bundle/Contents/DefaultPrefs.json

After that, I was able to have the bouquets and channel list. But playing, from Mac, Plex/Web, iOS, is still impossible. 

Is the problem coming from my VuDuo running OpenPli? I don't think so, they are both based on enigma2 but I think that I can no more accuse PMS of being responsible. Right?

Thanks for any help. I dream to have access to my VuDuo through Plex.

all-thin-banner.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users