3 replies to this topic

#1 istvanszasz

istvanszasz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

Hi.

I am new to both smart tvs,streaming and plex.
I got plex running on my imac and got it to sync nicely with MediaLink on my Lg lm669. I can watch my movies and tv shows on the tv on medialink, no problems there.

However, in the ios app (both for ipad and iphone), i cannot seem to play the files "to" the tv. What should I do to get the promp asking me wether I want to play on the ipad/iphone or on something else. For me, when I click on a file it automatically starts running on the device.
I also don't find the remote in the app?

/Istvan

#2 yodahome

yodahome

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

Hi! I don't know if the remote can be used with the LG Plex app, although it sounds to me you don't use that anyway. However, to stream video playing from the iPad app to any big screen that's only possible with Airplay afaik. And to use Airplay you would need an Apple TV connected to you TV. I don't know another way to achieve what you described. But I don't see why you'd need that given you can play stuff anyway.

#3 mustela7

mustela7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:53 AM

Hi! I don't know if the remote can be used with the LG Plex app, although it sounds to me you don't use that anyway. However, to stream video playing from the iPad app to any big screen that's only possible with Airplay afaik. And to use Airplay you would need an Apple TV connected to you TV. I don't know another way to achieve what you described. But I don't see why you'd need that given you can play stuff anyway.

It would be a great thing though to be able to stream from a mobile app (iOS or Android) to the tv app (Plex Samsung App for me). The mobile apps are much more powerful as for searching and navigating movies in a big database!

#4 istvanszasz

istvanszasz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:21 PM

Thanks for the reply. That was what I suspected, but I couldn't find that information anywhere.I was hoping it could work through the wifi without atv :), so I wouldn't have to use the tvs remote control, but ok now I know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users