• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Elchertn@gmail.com

Elchertn@gmail.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

I'm trying to publish my Plex server over my local network. I have done this before and had 0 problems. However, now I go to publish and get the "myPlex could not connect to your server - retry" every time. Any help or ideas would be great. I have a Linksys E2500 router, firmware version 1.0.05 and am running Win7 on my computer/server. I have tried to port map the router and it does but all I get from Plex is what I mentioned above. I'm a comp sci graduate so I know my way around the computer and even had a fellow comp sci graduate try and help set it up after I failed, yet nothing. So please any ideas or help would be greatly welcomed! I want to use Plex on my smart tv so bad and all these problems are killing me. The only thing I can think of is maybe buying a new router... HELP!

Nick

#2 ncurado

ncurado

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

I had a similar problem with the latest version of the PMS. I solved the problem by logging off from myplex account on the server and logging in again. I did it through the preferences of the PMS not through the web interface (not sure if it would behave differently).

Nuno

#3 gavinpreston

gavinpreston

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:48 PM

I'm trying to publish my Plex server over my local network. I have done this before and had 0 problems. However, now I go to publish and get the "myPlex could not connect to your server - retry" every time. Any help or ideas would be great. I have a Linksys E2500 router, firmware version 1.0.05 and am running Win7 on my computer/server. I have tried to port map the router and it does but all I get from Plex is what I mentioned above. I'm a comp sci graduate so I know my way around the computer and even had a fellow comp sci graduate try and help set it up after I failed, yet nothing. So please any ideas or help would be greatly welcomed! I want to use Plex on my smart tv so bad and all these problems are killing me. The only thing I can think of is maybe buying a new router... HELP!

Nick

hi i did also have this error when i first started using plex and found that bittorrent was causing a clash with the ports being used by plex server on my imac. I cannot run bittorrent and plex at the same time , or at least i cant start plex when bittorrent is running and publish the server , it starts but doesn't show up on my samsung tv or on plex on my ipad. However I can start bitorrent after plex has already started and has been used on my lan network. it would be really helpful if we could change the plex port to be something bittorrent wasn't using or visa versa but have not worked that out.

#4 Elchertn@gmail.com

Elchertn@gmail.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:35 AM

Guys I tried both of these. I even uninstalled the torrent client all together and still got the same error. Anymore ideas?

#5 lekkerbek

lekkerbek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:14 PM

Maybe you should try the following

1) try to publish to myplex with the same computer on someone else's internet connection. -> if that works. the problem is your router/internet connection at home
2) try to publish another computer on someone else's internet connection -> if that works -> try publishing that same computer on your own router/internet connection.

This will lead you to where the actual problem is.

Another thing. Do you have uPNP enabled?

#6 Elchertn@gmail.com

Elchertn@gmail.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

uPNP is enabled.

Trying your other suggestions. I'm trying them with my laptop instead of the desktop, because well I really don't want to unhook everything and take it to another location.

#7 Elchertn@gmail.com

Elchertn@gmail.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:32 PM

So I was able to publish My laptop easily at my girlfriends house with her router and configuring the port forwarding. However, I came back to my house with no such luck publishing the same laptop. Therefore the problem has something to do with the configuration of my router, correct? My router is a Linksys E2500 if anyone has some knowledge on this please share.

#8 Elchertn@gmail.com

Elchertn@gmail.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:09 AM

Published. was my modem acting as a gateway and not a bridge. Time Warner idiots... All fix and port forwarding was the key as the modem was blocking them. Solved :)

#9 kwooden0626

kwooden0626

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:45 PM

I too am having problems publishing my server to myplex. I have my Plex Media Server running on my ReadyNas Ultra and I have AT&T U-Verse internet service. I created a user-defined application in my U-Verse modem to allow port forwarding on port 32400. I went into Plex Media Manager and under the "MyPlex" tab to publish my server. I checked the "Manually specify port" to 32400. It shows that the server is mapped to port 32400 but I keep getting an error stating that "MyPlex was unable to connect to my server."

I'm a novice to the Plex community and could really use some assistance with this. I will appreciate any help some of you experts can provide.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users