10 replies to this topic

#1 gloazzoplex

gloazzoplex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:20 AM

HI everyone,
i ve tryed to read about but i can't find an answer.
I've a smart samsung TV "50es6100" connected with WiFi.
My PMS is on my PC connected with Lan Cable to my router.

I've tryed to watch many movies but sometimes just stard and play well for 15 min, after that keep buffering every 2 minutes.
While sometimes just keep buffering from the beginning. So every 2/3 minutes start "loading..loading..loading" than play other 3 minutes and all the movie like that.
I already tryed to change the buffering settings in 1/1/1 or 5/10/15 but noghint change.
I can't connect the TV with a lan cable. but my Internet connection is 7 Mb should be allright.

With my apple TV on an other TV every movies works fine, i can watch vimeo HD movies with any buffering stop!
So is not a wifi problem.
From the smart tv i can watch youtube HD movies with any buffering stop. So is not a TV problem.

I guss is something in plex wrong. I tryed tu reinstall it but nothing change.
I don't udnerstand what's wrong.
Can someone help me please?

Thanks

#2 Orca

Orca

Plex for Samsung Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2546 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:34 AM

You are mixing up a few things. Your internet speed has nothing to do with how well the app can show videos from your local server.
Watching Vimeo movies, is streaming them from the internet. This is not possible atm with the Samsung client.

Your real problem is bandwidth on your local network. The app uses Direct Play by default, that means the whole movie will be send to your TV uncompressed.
You will need a very good WiFi setup to pull that off without interruptions. The advice is to use a cable if possible.
If you really can only use WiFi and your server is fast enough, you can try to use the "Local Transcoding" option.
I would start with "Quality" at 7 and see if that works.

Have you checked if your answer might be in the User Manual?
My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray

If you enjoy this free app, you can buy me a beer by making a Donation

#3 gloazzoplex

gloazzoplex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:42 AM

You are mixing up a few things. Your internet speed has nothing to do with how well the app can show videos from your local server.
Watching Vimeo movies, is streaming them from the internet. This is not possible atm with the Samsung client.

Your real problem is bandwidth on your local network. The app uses Direct Play by default, that means the whole movie will be send to your TV uncompressed.
You will need a very good WiFi setup to pull that off without interruptions. The advice is to use a cable if possible.
If you really can only use WiFi and your server is fast enough, you can try to use the "Local Transcoding" option.
I would start with "Quality" at 7 and see if that works.

Hi,
thanks for your reply, i can only use Wifi cause my TV is downstairs.
Anyway,
- Local Transcoding in my TV do u mean right? From preference pannel.
- And what do you mean about "quality 7" Where is that?
Thanks you

#4 Orca

Orca

Plex for Samsung Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2546 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

Hi,thanks for your reply, i can only use Wifi cause my TV is downstairs.Anyway,- Local Transcoding in my TV do u mean right? From preference pannel.- And what do you mean about "quality 7" Where is that?Thanks you

No I mean inside the app.
Select "Preferences" and press enter.
Now select "Player" and hit enter again.
There you will find these settings.

Have you checked if your answer might be in the User Manual?
My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray

If you enjoy this free app, you can buy me a beer by making a Donation

#5 juniortavella

juniortavella

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:00 PM

I'm having the same issue, is there any other way to fix it on WI-FI without loosing video quality?

#6 sa2000

sa2000

Plex Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6950 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:30 AM

Hi,
thanks for your reply, i can only use Wifi cause my TV is downstairs.

I know this is an old post but just stumbled on it.

My TV is downstairs too and my wired LAN is only upstairs. Problem resolved for me by buying this product Netgear Powerline XAVB5601 together with a small Gigabit hub (Netgear GS105 5-port Gigabit Ethernet Switch) now positioned by the TV and already all the 5 ports are used up !

Edit: Just realised I made this statement. It is not true anymore. My attempt to use the Powerlines failed as I have multiple separate RCDs (GFCIs) and Powerline performance is rubbish (worse than Wi-Fi) when crossing RCDs - see http://forums.plexap...ivity/?p=457054

Now on Wi-Fi with speed of circa 144Mbps through Netgear WNR2000 - until I move the VirginMedia Superhub Modem and my router downstairs.

Edited by sa2000, 15 October 2013 - 12:31 PM.

#7 Alzr

Alzr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:27 AM

hi, i have a question. If I start the video with PMS via a home WiFi router for the TV Samsung UE-32F5500
Will there be a difference in quality between a direct connection USB HDD and view it from a internal player?

#8 sa2000

sa2000

Plex Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6950 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:26 PM

hi, i have a question. If I start the video with PMS via a home WiFi router for the TV Samsung UE-32F5500
Will there be a difference in quality between a direct connection USB HDD and view it from a internal player?

I think you need to try it and establish what the limiting factors are

I was always recommending wired Ethernet over Wi-Fi for video streaming. I personally have an issue with my environment setup where my experiment attempt to get wired connection to the TV through the Netgear Powerlines failed due to having separate RCD circuits (GFCIs) and Powerline performance only good within same RCD circuit. Now on wi-fi achieving 140+ Mbps speed with Netgear WNR2000.

Effective Speeds for USB (from Wikipedia)

USB 2.0 - 280 Mbps achievable

USB 3.0 - 400 Mbps achievable

I think the issue about Wi-Fi is whether the performance and speed is sustained.

You can see what the theoretical speed is for the USB connection

#9 Alzr

Alzr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:35 PM

I think you need to try it and establish what the limiting factors are

I was always recommending wired Ethernet over Wi-Fi for video streaming. I personally have an issue with my environment setup where my experiment attempt to get wired connection to the TV through the Netgear Powerlines failed due to having separate RCD circuits (GFCIs) and Powerline performance only good within same RCD circuit. Now on wi-fi achieving 140+ Mbps speed with Netgear WNR2000.

Effective Speeds for USB (from Wikipedia)

USB 2.0 - 280 Mbps achievable

USB 3.0 - 400 Mbps achievable

I think the issue about Wi-Fi is whether the performance and speed is sustained.

You can see what the theoretical speed is for the USB connection

you did not understand, via WIFI HD 1080 is a perfect ... I have a question is there a difference in quality between the screen when passed USB HDD and WiFi
Whether there is any transcoding in moment transmission?

#10 sa2000

sa2000

Plex Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6950 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:46 PM

you did not understand, via WIFI HD 1080 is a perfect ... I have a question is there a difference in quality between the screen when passed USB HDD and WiFi
Whether there is any transcoding in moment transmission?

sorry - will leave this for others to answer you

#11 fabiovaz

fabiovaz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:43 PM

the way to fix wifi isues buffering not is at your tv, but at you router config...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users