• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jahern

jahern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:51 AM

If I use 4G/LTE - The video transcodes and works perfectly.
If I use Wifi - The video uses direct play and either doesn't start or starts for 1/2 second then stops and starts again etc.

The video works fine over wifi on the old Android client.

Plex Media Server.log attached from when I press play (running PlexWeb 0.9.7.13)

#2 IanB!

IanB!

Plex Employee

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2116 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:29 AM

If I use 4G/LTE - The video transcodes and works perfectly.
If I use Wifi - The video uses direct play and either doesn't start or starts for 1/2 second then stops and starts again etc.

The video works fine over wifi on the old Android client.

Plex Media Server.log attached from when I press play (running PlexWeb 0.9.7.13)

Sorry that you're having issues, but you haven't actually attached the log file? :)

One thing to know about the old application, is that if a Direct Play actually failed, it dropped back to transcoding without notifying the user. This just appeared as a slightly longer pause initially when the video was loaded. In order to determine exactly what was happening with the old application, i'd also need the Plex Media Server.log just after playback as well, so that I could compare both.

Thanks,
Ian
Plugins: SkyGo, LoveFilm-Player, Crackle, Blinkbox, Stuff.tv, 5by5, RWC2011, FXUK, Jerry Seinfeld, VideoJug, SoundCloud, Ziln
Rewitten: YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, Pitchfork.TV, National Geographic
Blog: Plex Plugin DevBlog

#3 jahern

jahern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:23 PM

Sorry that you're having issues, but you haven't actually attached the log file? :)

One thing to know about the old application, is that if a Direct Play actually failed, it dropped back to transcoding without notifying the user. This just appeared as a slightly longer pause initially when the video was loaded. In order to determine exactly what was happening with the old application, i'd also need the Plex Media Server.log just after playback as well, so that I could compare both.

Thanks,
Ian

Hmmm - I chose the file - didn't hit the attach button. Here is the initial file - I'll get you a full before and after log file soon.

Attached Files

• Attached File  PMS.log   8.83KB   1 downloads

#4 jahern

jahern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:30 AM

I so love my Plex..... Stuck for an hour waiting for a car to be serviced? ??? Happy times when you have plex.
I have created the following two logs.:

deleted my logs
LTE:
1. Start Plex
2. Start client on GalaxyS3 with LTE only on
3. Play movie for the first 30 seconds then stop
4. Stop Plex Server
5. Zipped up logs

deleted my logs
Wifi:
1. Start Plex
2. Start client on GalaxyS3 with Wifi only on
3. Play movie for about 30 seconds - now it says "Can't Play This Movie" (since the update last night???)
4. Stop Plex Server
5. Zipped up logs

Attached Files

#5 lloydarkell

lloydarkell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:50 AM

My Galaxy S3 also wont play over wifi but turning wifi off they play perfectly.

#6 jahern

jahern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:23 PM

Veried today that this is still an issue on the march 2 release.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users