• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gene4ht

gene4ht

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:28 PM

I have not been able to get 5.1 audio output from ripped blu-rays under the following configuration....AVR display indicates PCM signal.

Ripper S/W:           Aiseesoft Blu-ray Ripper Version 6.3.52          Profile:   HD Video --> HD MPEG-4 (*.mp4)  Audiio 5.1

Media Server:        Plex Media Server Version 0.9.7.12                 Advance Preference   5.1 Support Enabled

Media Player:        Roku XD (3050X)                                             Audio Mode:  Set to 5.1 Surround Sound

A/V Receiver:        Onkyo TX-NR809                                            HDMI Connection to Roku Media Player

Appreciate any suggestions or insight...thx!

#2 gene4ht

gene4ht

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:50 PM

Strange others have not experienced this issue or provided any input.  I've seen posts in AVS, Plex, and Roku forums of 5.1 drop outs but not total lack of 5.1 output.  There have been suggestions that the length or quality of HDMI cables or lack of strict adherence to standards in some display devices were at fault but nothing of any certainty.  After troubleshooting and eliminating hardward and software components in my system, I was left with only the Roku.  I've since replaced the Roku 2 with the Roku 3....issue resolved...hope this post helps others who may have experienced this issue.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 5.1 audio, dolby digial, dts