55 replies to this topic

#1 slooffmaster

slooffmaster

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:57 PM

Anybody else having issues with Smart Hub connectivity problems? For the past two days I have network errors in SH even though Wifi connectivity is excellent. Starting any app including Plex, just hangs the entire SH....

PMS: Quad-core AMD Athlon II X4 Processor - 2900MHz, 24GB RAM, Opensuse 12.3, 24TB (net) ZFS

Plex Clients: 6x Roku 3, 1x Samsung Galaxy TAB 2, 2x iPad 2, 2x iPhone 4, 2x iPhone 5, 1x Samsung ES7000 TV

Network: 1Gb LAN, 100/100Mb Fiber Internet

all-thin-banner.jpg

#2 garyi

garyi

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

I am getting ERROR MODEL BIND all day.

Turns out this turd of a tv phones home every time you open an app. If home does not answer then game over.

So today i cannot watch a film on my tv using plex because samsung is nable to gather anonomous data on me in asia somewhere.

Totally unaceptable. Sadly this tv came as an insurance thing, so i am probably stuck with it.

#3 richardkim

richardkim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:36 PM

I'm in the same boat

Plex and all the other apps on my smart tv are no longer there and no apps will run.
This is bad integration between Samsung smart tvs and their enterprise servers

#4 slooffmaster

slooffmaster

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:00 PM

Good/bad I'm not the only one with these issues. Hope Samsung eliminate this dependency in the near future:-(

PMS: Quad-core AMD Athlon II X4 Processor - 2900MHz, 24GB RAM, Opensuse 12.3, 24TB (net) ZFS

Plex Clients: 6x Roku 3, 1x Samsung Galaxy TAB 2, 2x iPad 2, 2x iPhone 4, 2x iPhone 5, 1x Samsung ES7000 TV

Network: 1Gb LAN, 100/100Mb Fiber Internet

all-thin-banner.jpg

#5 DR03K

DR03K

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:07 PM

Having this exact same issue too...

#6 garyi

garyi

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:24 PM

Coupled with their appalling allshare malarky means that all day I have not been able to watch any of my home content. Utterly rubbish.

#7 ME55Y

ME55Y

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:42 PM

hi... i only bought my samsung tv 4 weeks ago, not even that... but today i wenty i to my Smart Hub and all my apps have gone and i cannot access the samsung aps market or anything else i have reset the TV and the smart HUb yet no Luck.

I get error: "Network is not connected . Check Network seeting to use this service.ERROR_UPDATE_003" thats when when trying the market

And :

error code: "Unable to connect to the server.Please try again Later.(ERROR_EXE_001)".

this is a joke... their customer service are closed today too...

but with all you guys having the same issue im confident its a samsung server / network error and not just my TV & internet.

#8 chaosmaker

chaosmaker

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:52 PM

anyone tried to disconnect internet, and cold restart their device?

#9 vakum

vakum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:52 PM

yeeaaapp,

i'm mad as hell. I thought my 2months old TV was the problem, so upgraded firmware, then one thing lead to another (reinstall smarthub or sth), and now all my Smart Hub Apps is GONE :( tried everything for like 4 hours.

All this could have been prevented with a little greyd out screen with the dialog "Smart Hub is down for maintenance, try again later"

Allshare still works though... but.. plex is so much neater!

I have sent an angry mail to Samsung

#10 paulhargreaves

paulhargreaves

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:15 PM

Email has gone into Samsung since the TV is unusable for me.

#11 ginjaninja

ginjaninja

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:19 PM

UE46ES7000 with same issue. Did a software update to 002005 and a reset to no avail..Good news is i revisited allshare on plex and DLNA support is improved from when i last checked it 4 months ago (High resolution album art and music track order is correct). Hope this doesnt delay release of new version of plex client..

#12 rich7237

rich7237

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:24 PM

Same issues here, network interference message when I try to connect to samsung apps page, Plex won't start and connecting wheel just keeps spinning.  Anyone had a reply to any emails to Samsung?

#13 vakum

vakum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:39 PM

nope, no reply yet. I don't expect any reply until after it works again i guess

#14 cfoley

cfoley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:18 PM

am also experiencing the same issue, had i known that the smart hub functionality required connectivity to samsung for unrelated third party applications such as plex, netflix, etc to work i would have been reluctant to purchase....... its an epically bad design flaw on samsungs behalf.

btw, for local content you can still access plex via the source button and select Network:Plex Server this will allow you to use the native AllShare application with your plex server though the UI is pretty basic

#15 crdenboer

crdenboer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

Same problem here. Had a similar problem months ago and had to wait for two weeks for it to get sorted. This TV has been giving me nothing but sh*t ever since I got it...

#16 Djonni DK

Djonni DK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:34 PM

Relax guys.... Samsung is doing some maintenance today. My tv came with a warning message earlier today saying that the service would be down later... and it is. Tomorrow it will be up and running again. Rather that they maintain their service/servers to keep up with the growing network than faulty services every day.

Cheers.

#17 Animosity022

Animosity022

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:14 PM

Relax guys.... Samsung is doing some maintenance today. My tv came with a warning message earlier today saying that the service would be down later... and it is. Tomorrow it will be up and running again. Rather that they maintain their service/servers to keep up with the growing network than faulty services every day.

Cheers.

Sure. Relax. My TV is unusable because of the the reliance of an internet connection and a horrible phone home design crippling my ability to watch local media that does not require an Internet connection. It's been down now for over 48 hours. Just relax. That's great advice.

#18 cfoley

cfoley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:19 PM

Cheers.

i think your somewhat missing the point, sure web services can go down and sometimes need to be taken down for maintenance / expansion, however the fact that this service outage impacts multiple unrelated services such as netflix, youtube, iplayer, etc is a serious failing. as it means the outage on their web services renders multiple other (seemingly) unrelated services (in plex) in operable. that is an incredibly poorly designed system.

#19 garyi

garyi

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:31 PM

its simply unacceptable I cannot use netflix/plex/iplayer it should have nothing to do with samsung what so ever.

If its just a case of apps checking for updates, they should not be prevented from working anyhow, though it seems pretty obvious that if I cannot launch Plex when some server half way round the world is tits up, then its clear they are collecting data on us.

Presumably the developers of this plex addon must know if data is being sent back to samsung?

#20 Djonni DK

Djonni DK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:48 PM

. My TV is unusable because of the the reliance of an internet connection and a horrible phone home design crippling my ability to watch local media that does not require an Internet connection. It's been down now for over 48 hours. Just relax. That's great advice.

i think your somewhat missing the point, sure web services can go down and sometimes need to be taken down for maintenance / expansion, however the fact that this service outage impacts multiple unrelated services such as netflix, youtube, iplayer, etc is a serious failing. as it means the outage on their web services renders multiple other (seemingly) unrelated services (in plex) in operable. that is an incredibly poorly designed system.

its simply unacceptable I cannot use netflix/plex/iplayer it should have nothing to do with samsung what so ever. If its just a case of apps checking for updates, they should not be prevented from working anyhow, though it seems pretty obvious that if I cannot launch Plex when some server half way round the world is tits up, then its clear they are collecting data on us. Presumably the developers of this plex addon must know if data is being sent back to samsung?

So you all thought that I was showing disrespect to you guys? Wauw... it doesn't take much to get you guys up and running. Was merely saying that it was a scheduled maintenance. I can easily use allshare to play from my plex server, and I think I'll survive without netflix for 1 evening... but as said before, I was simply stating the above. Not badmouthing anyone. Jesus Christ! Sendt fra min ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Prime TF201 med Tapatalk2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users