First of all I just wanted to congratulate you guys on a pretty amazing program, the samsung client for Plex puts other media options i've tried to shame, for sure. I understand this is a free program, so I'm appreciative of the time you guys spend supporting us all.
My issue is of course that when I try and view movies or tv episodes via the Plex samsung client, I get maybe 5-10 seconds at most between pauses and 'loading' screens appearing. I've tried a number of different file formats with the same resuIt. I know this playback buffering/stuttering issue is a common one in these forums, and I've read through all the similar threads first hoping to find a solution, but so far no success.
- Plex Media Server 0.9.7.12 running on a Core i7 with 6GB of RAM, on Win7 SP1
- Connected with Cat5e via a router to a Samsung PS51D6900 running the Plex Samsung client 0.987
Troubleshooting steps I've tried so far:
- Uninstalling client, turning off and unplugging TV, waiting, powering back on and reinstalling client
- Various buffer configs in the client (1-1-1, 5-5-10. 5-10-15, 15-30-45, 100-100-100)
- Disabling all firewall/system protection on the media server box (just in case..)
- Playing back the same files via DLNA using the standard samsung 'video' app works perfectly, whether I use Mezzmo (3rd party DLNA server) or the Plex DLNA server - my issue is only playback in the Plex Samsung app
- Enabling 'force transcoding' seems to mostly smooth out playback, just couple of momentary pauses here and there, but I'm of the impression that functionality is intended as a workaround for webstreaming, not local network playback?
I've attached sample log files as well, let me know if there's any info you need.