Photo

Remove "unavailable" items from library?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 skootles

skootles

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:31 PM

I recently moved my entire movie collection to a new drive. I then deleted the old movies folder.

Now every movie in my collection has a "2" on the cover art, one for the new location and one for the old. I have no idea how to get rid of the old, "unavailable" entries - I tried a Turbo Scan, Deep Scan, tried the Analyze Media, Empty Trash, and Force Refresh, but none of those get rid of the duplicates.

The only thing I've found to work so far is to split apart each one and then manually delete the "unavailable" one, but that's a pretty time-consuming process, and I'd rather not do it 400 times.

Is there an easier way?

#2 BigWheel

BigWheel

One Who Keeps Turning

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3194 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:38 AM

Empty the Trash. Its in the "More" drop down button at the top right of "My Library"

The reason that they do not just disappear when you disconnect drive is because sometimes it gets accidentally disconnected and you wouldnt want to loose your library,watched and progress status and have to scan in everything again. 

Note to self- awesome software coupled with awesome user community.. worth putting up with a minor annoyance now and then.

Troll Hunter (2011) enjoyed because of it's sillyness, "Raglefants" are nuts

Snowpiercer (2013) soooooo weird but i could not stop once i started it

Perfume: The Story of a Murderer   a crazy movie but so good

Media Prep , Server Logs , MEDIA INFO , Why can't find that Plex folder on OS X

#3 skootles

skootles

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:45 PM

Empty the Trash. Its in the "More" drop down button at the top right of "My Library"

Tried that already, to no avail.

#4 skootles

skootles

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:05 PM

Nobody has any other solutions?

#5 nvrmore100

nvrmore100

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:28 PM

Try a full "deep scan" of your library.  I also have the settings set for "Empty trash automatically after every scan".  This cleans up my files I delete pretty well without any intervention, but when it doesn't work, the deep scan tends to fix it.

#6 skootles

skootles

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:09 AM

Try a full "deep scan" of your library.  I also have the settings set for "Empty trash automatically after every scan".  This cleans up my files I delete pretty well without any intervention, but when it doesn't work, the deep scan tends to fix it.

As I said in my original post, a deep scan doesn't help.

#7 BigWheel

BigWheel

One Who Keeps Turning

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3194 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:43 AM

well before you split one apart. you could hit the "i" button on the left so see media info then hit the view xml.

then take that xml and the logs after a deep scan and attach them here or somewhere like drop box so the devs,ninja or someone can see whats going on and maybe figure out why it is happening

Note to self- awesome software coupled with awesome user community.. worth putting up with a minor annoyance now and then.

Troll Hunter (2011) enjoyed because of it's sillyness, "Raglefants" are nuts

Snowpiercer (2013) soooooo weird but i could not stop once i started it

Perfume: The Story of a Murderer   a crazy movie but so good

Media Prep , Server Logs , MEDIA INFO , Why can't find that Plex folder on OS X

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users