Plex Media Server 0.9.8.2 (PlexPass only)
This release can be downloaded directly from here (login information here).
Lots of fixes in this one, and a couple of known issues: seeking on XBox360, and PS3 won't play some H.264 content remuxed. We're looking into fixing both of these issues shortly.
- Support for "subset" media index files via new interval=X parameter.
- Photo transcoder endpoint performs rotation as needed.
- Spaces in myPlex usernames and passwords now work.
- Simplify the sorting options for artists.
- Speed up retrieving recently viewed items by a factor of 2-3x.
- Speed up retrieving recently viewed shows by a factor of 300x of the last version, 5x over earlier versions.
- Fix for the media server losing agents after a bundle upgrade.
- Photo filters were broken.
- Allow native paging for children endpoints, will speed up photo sections.
- Issue with On Deck for shows where multiple episodes air on the same date (e.g. Arrested Development).
- Handle exception when checking for media existence/availability, fixing "pre-play" screen not showing up.
- Fix errors parsing bundle dates, makes bundle upgrades from installation media work.
- Fix the "allowed networks" preference (hopefully for the last time).
- (Windows) Fix a few weird errors in the logs.
- Connections weren't being closed properly for generic transcodes.
- Fix an issue where 1080p files were reported as 720p (and so on).
- Fix a few reported crashes in the media server and DLNA server.
- Make sure we return ourself via /servers.
- Tweaks to improve GDM discovery, especially when network interfaces change.
- Improve the description when sorting on shoot date.
- (DLNA) The icon wasn't transparent.
- (DLNA) Better shutdown on OS X.
- (DLNA) Support Direct Play of MP4s on XBox360.
- (DLNA) Sometimes we set content length to 0 when we shouldn't.
- (DLNA) A crash on start on Linux.