• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 swartz13

swartz13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:54 PM

I just completed setting up my nexus 4 and downloaded plex for plex pass.  Am able to connect to my server, view my files, however,  most of my video files would not play except a few. I get error message 'can't play this video ' . I was able to watch the channel for Jon Stewart though but that was about it.  As far as the other channels,  neither fox news nor cnn would work.
It's worth mentioning that I also have an iPhone and plex downloaded on it and am able to play all my files comfortably.

I read through the forums and found an option that says to try turning off the direct stream and play,  which I did but it still didn't work for me,  I was hoping that you could please maybe suggest something else that am missing. 

I tried files in different formats but non has worked so far.

#2 IanB!

IanB!

Plex Employee

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2117 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:56 PM

Can you please double check that you're using the latest version of PMS? What number does it report?

Thanks, Ian

Plugins: SkyGo, LoveFilm-Player, Crackle, Blinkbox, Stuff.tv, 5by5, RWC2011, FXUK, Jerry Seinfeld, VideoJug, SoundCloud, Ziln
Rewitten: YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, Pitchfork.TV, National Geographic
Blog: Plex Plugin DevBlog

#3 swartz13

swartz13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:12 PM

I have version 2.9.25 (3f82bc28).

#4 IanB!

IanB!

Plex Employee

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2117 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:18 PM

I have version 2.9.25 (3f82bc28).

Sorry but this is the version of Kepler, not PMS. If you're using Plex/Web, you can find this number under 'Settings'

Ian

Plugins: SkyGo, LoveFilm-Player, Crackle, Blinkbox, Stuff.tv, 5by5, RWC2011, FXUK, Jerry Seinfeld, VideoJug, SoundCloud, Ziln

#5 swartz13

swartz13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:25 PM

I have the plex for plex pass on android.
And the number I provided is the only one available under settings in the app for version.
Sorry this might be a dumb question, but which is the difference between Kepler and pms.??

#6 IanB!

IanB!

Plex Employee

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2117 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:33 PM

I'm sorry, PMS is Plex Media Server, as in the software running on your Windows/Linux/OSX machine. It's that piece of software that i'd need to confirm which version you are running.

Thanks, Ian

#7 swartz13

swartz13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:40 PM

Oh got you. Sorry, currently not home and can't give you the version number right this moment. However, I use a synology 412+ server (which I believe updates itself automatically) , with plex loaded on it as an app.
I'll put the version number here later on today.

#8 IanB!

IanB!

Plex Employee

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2117 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:58 PM

We just release Version 0.9.7.17.469 today which is available here: http://www.plexapp.com/getplex/ It might be worth upgrading to that version and checking if the issue is still reproducible.

Ian 

#9 kielby

kielby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:44 AM

I am still having this issue with latest PMS and all my Nexus devices(Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4 and 10) running Android 4.2.2.
I cleared the data for Plex app and tried to sync a 2.3 GB rip at various settings. All resulted in the can't play error.

#10 IanB!

IanB!

Plex Employee

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2117 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:15 AM

I am still having this issue with latest PMS and all my Nexus devices(Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4 and 10) running Android 4.2.2.
I cleared the data for Plex app and tried to sync a 2.3 GB rip at various settings. All resulted in the can't play error.

I'm sorry you're having issues. If you drop by Plex Chat and shout my name, maybe we could do some debugging to try to get to the bottom of the issue...

Ian

#11 kielby

kielby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:04 PM

I'm sorry you're having issues. If you drop by Plex Chat and shout my name, maybe we could do some debugging to try to get to the bottom of the issue...

Ian

Thanks for the quick response. I'm traveling soon and I don't have much time right now to do a lot of troubleshooting (I ended up copying the raw media to the devices over USB), but let me know what information I can collect that might be helpful.

EDIT: I will note that some movies sync and work fine.

Edited by kielby, 14 March 2013 - 02:05 PM.

#12 Radimus

Radimus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:52 PM

I'm having similar issues... (I just joined PlexPass today)

I pulled the plex pass Plex App from Play Store (Samsung Note 2, Vanilla RootBox Rom 4.2.2) as well as upgraded the Win Media server to version 0.9.7.17-1f0b170

Over cellular, I can seldom get into any library, it will not show titles or thumbnails, just the page header info with the refresh button

If I look at on Deck or Recently Added, I can click a title and sometimes it will show the background image, but video will never play.

On Wifi, I can see the library items and and usually select a title to play, but none will start.

Using the old Plex Android client items will display and play as expected on both Wifi and Cellular

ygepumyh.jpg

zydajamu.jpg

Regular plex client

5e3ene7e.jpg

PMS: Dell XPS Gen3 (P4 @ 3.4ghz, 4Gb Ram, Win7x86)
Storage: Internal 2x2TB, 1x1.5TB
Home: 1xWin7 HTPC, 2xWin7 Laptop, WD Media Player (DLNA), ASUS O!Play (DLNA) Kindle Fire HD
Mobile: Samsung Note, Samsung Galaxy S3, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle Fire, Dell Streak 5, Dell Streak 7

#13 swartz13

swartz13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:51 PM

We just release Version 0.9.7.17.469 today which is available here: http://www.plexapp.com/getplex/ It might be worth upgrading to that version and checking if the issue is still reproducible.

Ian 

Thank you so much for responding to the thread IanB!, i checked and the version of plex media server that i have right now is Version - 0.9.7.9.375-d056f10, i checked for update on my synology server and no update is currently available.

#14 elan

elan

Sheriff of Plexville

• Sheriff Of Plexville
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7412 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:34 AM

Thank you so much for responding to the thread IanB!, i checked and the version of plex media server that i have right now is Version - 0.9.7.9.375-d056f10, i checked for update on my synology server and no update is currently available.

You'll want to update to the latest version on the http://www.plexapp.com/getplex page for Synology.

Instagram: @elan
The Plex blog.
The wife's photography site.
The brother's photography blog.
The dog's twitter feed.

#15 JasonG34

JasonG34

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:46 AM

I am having a similar issue on my Asus TF700, I downloaded the plex pass version from the Play store today and tried to sync a view videos and when i go into offline mode I get the cannot play this video message.

I am able to play the same videos when connected to my WiFi without issue. Am I doing something wrong in the syncing process?

Thanks in advance

#16 swartz13

swartz13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:15 AM

updated software but still having same issue, not sure what else to do, will leave it as is for now..

#17 JasonG34

JasonG34

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:54 PM

Just a note i synced the same video to my Iphone and it worked perfectly

#18 lrevxl@gmail.com

lrevxl@gmail.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:41 AM

I'm seeing a similar issue. I'm on the latest kepler and pms build. When I sync a video to my phone (Galaxy S3) the sync completes and I see the video when I put the app into offline mode, but when I go to play it I get the 'Can't play this video." error dialog. If I hit "Play with..." and select a third party player like BS Player, the synced video will play just fine.

#19 ThinkOfANumber

ThinkOfANumber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:46 AM

Just to say I have the same issue on my Nexus10.

H264 MKV's with ac3 sound. Audio transcoded to AAC.

Last version I didn't have the problem with was .13 on the server side.

#20 oc3lot

oc3lot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:24 PM

I'm trying using Kepler on my Sony 2nd Gen GTV, and getting the same issue. Running the latest version of PMS 0.97.17-1f0b170 and 2.9.28 of Plex. The video runs fine in Plex for GoogleTV, but if I try to run it in Plex for Plexpass, it won't play.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users