5 replies to this topic

#1 Aaron P

Aaron P

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:34 PM

This update was just released today for the Apple TV.

According to Apple, it has a few updates but most notably these security fixes:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5702

"

Apple TV 5.2.1
  • Apple TV

Available for: Apple TV 2nd generation and later

Impact: A local user may be able to execute unsigned code

Description: A state management issue existed in the handling of Mach-O executable files with overlapping segments. This issue was addressed by refusing to load an executable with overlapping segments.

CVE-ID

CVE-2013-0977 : evad3rs

• Apple TV

Impact: A local user may be able to determine the address of structures in the kernel

Description: An information disclosure issue existed in the ARM prefetch abort handler. This issue was addressed by panicking if the prefetch abort handler is not being called from an abort context.

CVE-ID

CVE-2013-0978 : evad3rs

• Apple TV

Impact: A local user may be able to execute arbitrary code in the kernel

Description: The IOUSBDeviceFamily driver used pipe object pointers that came from userspace. This issue was addressed by performing additional validation of pipe object pointers.

CVE-ID

CVE-2013-0981 : evad3rs"

If Apple stops signing for 5.2 and you haven't grabbed your blobs, then working on Plex for 5.2 is pretty much useless as this jailbreak is now closed and I assume a very small number of people who actually used Plex before 5.2 updated since Plex wasn't working.

Posted Image

#2 nekton1

nekton1

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:54 PM

I updated to jailbroken 5.2 because I expected this to happen.  If Thomas does not release a new client for 5.2, I will be SOL but I can at least play from Plex on an iPhone to the ATV2 using AirPlay.

The lack of any word on progress/plans from Thomas is beginning to worry, but he has another life too.

#3 hifimac

hifimac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:12 AM

If we saved our blobs we can still jailbreak right? Does anyone know if Apple is still signing old versions?

#4 Aaron P

Aaron P

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:45 AM

I just checked and you can still pull your blobs for 5.2, iOS 6.1. If you haven't done so, do it ASAP before Apple closes the signing window. Without these blobs you can't JB 5.2.
Posted Image

#5 profets

profets

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:29 PM

Anyone try saving blobs very recently?  Just trying right now and not having luck. This would be pretty quick if Apple's already blocking 5.2.

03/20/2013 15:24:29.635 For version [AppleTV2 6.1 (5.2) (10B144b)] - This device isn't eligible for the requested build.
03/20/2013 15:24:29.668 APPLE is NOT signing AppleTV2 6.1 (5.2) (10B144b) SHSH requests anymore. All you can do now is select CYDIA and hope that CYDIA has your SHSH saved. If not, there is nothing you can do.

#6 f00b4r

f00b4r

Plex Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2706 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:36 AM

The window is now shut, if you haven't saved your pre 5.2.1 (iOS 6.1.3) blobs already the only thing you can do now is either use iFaith or Redsnow to extract those ones currently on your device. 

Plex @ aTV - think different: PlexConnect

-> the missing link between Plex Media Server and your AppleTV - 2 or 3, jailbroken or not.

How to report an issue: click here

Sources: click here

Wiki: click here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users