2 replies to this topic

#1 sad_muso

sad_muso

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

Hi all,

Been trying to use Plex on my Xbox 360 but it seems very unreliable. I'm streaming content from my PC which is connected to my HomeHub via ethernet - the Xbox is also connected via ethernet.

I've done various speed tests and everything is fine, but when streaming 720p or 1080p videos it plays fine for a frew seconds but then starts to buffer/skip back a few seconds.

I'm not sure whether this is a limitation of the Xbox or something I've not done correctly in Plex?

Thanks

sad_muso

#2 willruss1

willruss1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:45 PM

I'm having the same issues, though only with certain source video formats.  I'll take a closer look when I get home, though I suspect it to be a bug with the in-progress transcoder / dlna linking and the xbox's wonky non-microsoft format support as they all play fine on non-xbox dlna clients.

#3 MadMung0

MadMung0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:32 AM

I have the same problems too.

Whenever I try to playback an .mkv file from PMS on the xbox360 it will take about 15 seconds for the movie to start, during this time

a LOADING message is displayed on the screen. When it starts to play it will pay between 5-10 seconds of video then it will pause/buffer

for another 10 seconds & play then repeat until the xbox says network connection lost.

As a test I have installed PS3 Media Server to a spare machine, athlon II x2 255 with 4gb ram running Win7 and have no problems playing back

the same .mkv files that Plex cannot. Dose not matter if I use Mencoder or ffmeg as the transcoding engine in PS3 Media Server it just works.

I know this has been mentioned many times here on the forums but there has never been a definitive answer as to why it dose not work.

Obviously it is not my machine specs as my main PMS machine is an Opteron 4174 HE with 32GB ram running Server 2012 Essentials which

is many times more powerful than the test machine.

My home network environment is fully wired with no wifi so it is not a networking problem.

Really wish this was getting the attention it needs to have it work instead of just being what I can only describe as ignored.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users