Photo

Server Unavailable

Best Answer ericmatthys, 01 April 2013 - 09:06 PM

Could you try to unpublish and republish your server?

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Allen6115

Allen6115

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:10 PM

When attempting to access myPlex through Plex/Web I am getting the Server is Unavailable message.  I was able to access it about a week an a half ago, and have not made any changes on my end. 

I am able to access plex correctly every other way, iPhone, Roku, through the PMS just not through Plex/Web, and anyone I attempt to share with is having the same issue.

Any thoughts?

#2 ericmatthys

ericmatthys

Plex Employee

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2397 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:25 PM

"This media server is unavailable to you. Please check that you have permission to access this media server."

Is that the error message you are seeing? Could you go to index.html#!/logs after seeing this error message and paste what you see in here?

#3 Allen6115

Allen6115

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:35 PM

I am not sure where you are requesting to see a log from, but I am getting, Could Not Connect to Server.  I also just checked my iPhone app and not longer able to access my server from it, and it was working away from my home network as of 2 days ago.  It however is not giving an error just not pulling anything up.

I am using the web login while at work, it has worked here before.  I click on the server, click Plex/Web and it tells me it can not connect.

#4 ericmatthys

ericmatthys

Plex Employee

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2397 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:37 PM

Ok so it's not loading Plex/Web at all. I thought you were seeing an error from within Plex/Web. Try going directly to Plex/Web using your remote ip address and port. Go to https://my.plexapp.com/servers and click on your server. You'll see the address and port in your server details. Take those and go to http://address:port/web and let me know if that works.

#5 Allen6115

Allen6115

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:38 PM

Did not work, I get the error unable to view this page.

#6 Allen6115

Allen6115

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:40 PM

Also when logged into myPlex and I check devices, i can see attempts by my phone and internet to reach it, but again getting the error Could not connect to server

#7 ericmatthys

ericmatthys

Plex Employee

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2397 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:45 PM

Does myPlex show your server as online? Would it be possible for you to create a test section (you can just make a photo section with a single picture or whatever you want) and share that section with me so I can see what happens when I try to access it? My myPlex username is ericmatthys.

#8 Allen6115

Allen6115

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:50 PM

Plex Media Server is running at home, I can access my desktop from work to confirm that.  MyPlex tab shows server is still published.

Shared a section

#9 Allen6115

Allen6115

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:23 PM

When I check the server at home it says Online.  When pulling up Plex/Web online at home it works just fine, just cant access it anywhere else.

#10 ericmatthys

ericmatthys

Plex Employee

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2397 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:31 PM

myPlex is showing your server as unavailable for me. I would go into Plex/Web at home and make sure you have green checkmarks in Settings > Plex Media Server > myPlex. If you don't have green checkmarks there, it could be a networking issue. You can read more about possible solutions on the wiki.

GIV4hpH.png

#11 Allen6115

Allen6115

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:34 PM

There are 2 green check marks, one that I am logged in, and the other that the server is mapped to the port it decided on.

If I go to the website at home and attempt to login the same way I am at work, it says online and works just fine, but still no access on my phone or any other location.

#12 ericmatthys

ericmatthys

Plex Employee

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2397 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:06 PM   Best Answer

Could you try to unpublish and republish your server?

#13 Allen6115

Allen6115

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:13 PM

That seemed to work.  

#14 Allen6115

Allen6115

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:51 PM

Do you know why it would stop working?  Is unpublish and republishing going to be something I have to do on a regular basis, is it because it was a different port than 32400?  Even if they were forwarded.

#15 gertgerman

gertgerman

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:55 PM

It happened to me once months ago and it's never happened again since. Not sure what caused it but just for peace of mind its never happened again.

#16 Allen6115

Allen6115

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:00 PM

Alright I will hope for the same luck.

#17 ericmatthys

ericmatthys

Plex Employee

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2397 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:03 PM

Do you know why it would stop working?  Is unpublish and republishing going to be something I have to do on a regular basis, is it because it was a different port than 32400?  Even if they were forwarded.

I wouldn't think so. It's tough to say exactly what caused it since network settings can vary so much, but from what I've seen in the past, it usually isn't a recurring issue.

#18 mcsgary

mcsgary

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 12:43 AM

You know "Plex employee" your solution is so simple and in your mind it is fixed. I have seen numerable references to "server unavailable". I view a video today from out of town on my smartphone and then tried to view another and my server is "unavailable". I have published my plex server on my computer (windows7 hp desktop) my wife's computer (windows7 desktop) and I have had the same problem. People will text or email me and say the server is unavailable. I will try it from my computer here in the house or my smart phone (not using the plex app) just using web browser (but I am on my wireless network) and I can view stuff. I have them try it and now all of the sudden they can see it. It is wierd. But, I have now unplublished on two computers and getting ready to try another with Windows XP and see what happens. But, to get a flip response when there are obviously many people with the same issue is not cool. Simply unpublishing and republishing is no answer. I am going to change to XP because I read a forum thread last night talking about plex for some reason trying to resolve to the ipv6 address and XP doesn't have ipv6.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users