Photo

unsupported video format or invalid file path error

Best Answer jjalenak, 09 May 2013 - 12:38 PM

Never mind.  Finally got Handbrake to work for my DVD's.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jjalenak

jjalenak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:40 PM

I'm at a loss.  I've spent the past week or so trying to get DVD's to rip via Handbrake so I can watch them on my Roku 2XD.  While I've been working on this, I will generally check to see if the converted video will play in Plex/Web - if it doesn't play there (or pixelates, etc), it won't play on my Roku.  Finally last night I had what I thought was a good rip and conversion, and went to play it in Plex/Web, and I'm now getting an error in the play of 'Unsupported video format or invalid file path'.  Wth? It's an M4V formatted file, and the file path and naming aligns with the recommended approach (from here - http://wiki.plexapp....anization_Guide).  The file plays perfectly in Windows Media Player. 

I suspect that in my attempts, I've screwed something up in Plex, but have no idea how to get back to a 'normal' set of Plex settings.  Do I need to delete the system and/or framework bundles?  Or something else entirely?

Help! I really like the idea of using Plex as my media controller, but this is really starting to get frustrating.

Thanks.

#2 jjalenak

jjalenak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:38 PM   Best Answer

Never mind.  Finally got Handbrake to work for my DVD's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users