4 replies to this topic

#1 cognis

cognis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:24 PM

Help!

Yesterday I was able to launch Media Server after installing and managed to link my music folders. I was also able to play music on my PC via Plex Media Centre ~ so all seemed to be working. But since then I have been unable to start Plex Media Server and I can no longer see music in Media Centre.

I thought this might be a virus as I can't open Services on my PC (Win7), so I scanned with Malwarebytes and Avast, but nothing detected.

If you have any suggestions I'd be happy to hear them.

Thanks

#2 J_o_H_n

J_o_H_n

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:57 AM

I have the same problem...for some reason my PLEX Media Server (installed in Windows 7) unable to launch as well.

I upgraded to the latest version and I even tried to reinstall PLEX but to no avail. I tried to GOOGLE it and there's a fair bit of users who encountered the same problem but no definitive solutions.

Any workaround for this? Please help...

#3 bnjp88

bnjp88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:43 PM

Not sure if mine is the same problem but my PMS also keeps crashing. Just started happening today. PMS usually runs on startup and I see the icon appear in the notification taskbar, but when i hover my mouse over it, it disappears and crashes. Everytime I run PMS manually, it appears in the taskbar but disappears and crashes when I try to click on it.

#4 J_o_H_n

J_o_H_n

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:21 AM

Hi bnjp88

Mine is not crashing and it is on the taskbar...my problem is that I can't launch it at all...

#5 raimong

raimong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:07 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm running Plex in Windows 8. I didn't get much problems before but when I installed the latest PMS update, I started to get this issue. Whenever I go to PMS (http://127.0.0.1:32400/web/index.html) it just displays the Plex logo then it will not proceed to my library.

I tried it in Chrome, IE and Mozilla; same issue. I tweeted about it with a screenshot of the Javascript error that Chrome capture. Maybe this is the issue why it doesn't proceed to the landing page.

Help, admins.

pic.twitter.com/tOry8KEFtE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users