• Please log in to reply
275 replies to this topic

#1 femke.gielkens@telenet.be

femke.gielkens@telenet.be

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:21 AM

I was allready working with plex, I just moved and everything is still working, only problem is i can not get it online.

Inside my network at home i can watch from all my devices and stream to my apple tv, but when I am outside it is not possible.

When i Look at my plex settings i log in but it says My plex could not reach your server. Does anybody know what could be the problem here? 

Attached Files

• tcable9 likes this

#2 plexberry

plexberry

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:56 PM

Hi as of today I'm having the exact same problem

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Thank you to all who have built Plex up to what it is... it has changed my movie viewing experience!

#3 ghump

ghump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:55 PM

i Am having the same issue. I have a LG tv model number LN57, as well asa brand new retina pro mac and plex was streaming over to the tv perfectly. Stop watching came back to watch and now the  plex cannot connect with the server and i can not watch on my tv please help me 

#4 kenyamalone

kenyamalone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:31 PM

I am also having the same issue as well and I can't accept a server invite either

Please HELP

#5 Monsieur Latte

Monsieur Latte

Plex Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1394 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:35 AM

I was allready working with plex, I just moved and everything is still working, only problem is i can not get it online.

Inside my network at home i can watch from all my devices and stream to my apple tv, but when I am outside it is not possible.

When i Look at my plex settings i log in but it says My plex could not reach your server. Does anybody know what could be the problem here? 

This is usually when port forwarding isnt working, you said that you recently moved, did you get a new router?  new isp?  Could be many reasons why but most likely due to port forwarding not working correctly.  

#6 xZAPHODx

xZAPHODx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:08 PM

Same problem here.

I've just changed from sky to virgin, with sky it would periodically refuse connect, but a few tries and it would go. 

So far i've been trying for 2 hours to get it to connect over virgin, and it's not having a bar of it. 

I've tried disabling firewalls, (software and hardware) set my media centre as the dmz etc but it just will not connect. 

#7 Monsieur Latte

Monsieur Latte

Plex Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1394 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:59 PM

Same problem here.

I've just changed from sky to virgin, with sky it would periodically refuse connect, but a few tries and it would go. 

So far i've been trying for 2 hours to get it to connect over virgin, and it's not having a bar of it. 

I've tried disabling firewalls, (software and hardware) set my media centre as the dmz etc but it just will not connect. 

I know here in the US the verizon fios modems you had to turn off the firewall feature totally to get certain port forwarding to work at all.

#8 JMango

JMango

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:23 AM

i have the exact same problem and its killing me. i have to reinstall plex every time i use it for it to work. it's always saying "myPlex could not reach your server." i wish there was an easy way to fix this.. but i can't seem to find it anywhere. there must be something wrong with the program for this to happen so much. 

• ingimarsson likes this

#9 JMango

JMango

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:28 AM

ok ok... i figured it out.. the firewall was blocking it (even though in the settings it seemed to be allowing plex)... i just turned off the firewall completely, restarted plex on the roku player and it worked immediately. 

wish i knew how to precisely allow plex to work through the firewall so i could turn the firewall back on.. but at least it works now. hopefully this helps someone!

#10 Monsieur Latte

Monsieur Latte

Plex Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1394 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:53 AM

ok ok... i figured it out.. the firewall was blocking it (even though in the settings it seemed to be allowing plex)... i just turned off the firewall completely, restarted plex on the roku player and it worked immediately. 

wish i knew how to precisely allow plex to work through the firewall so i could turn the firewall back on.. but at least it works now. hopefully this helps someone!

are you talking the firewall in windows or on your router?

#11 yoann

yoann

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:00 PM

I have the same problem...

Its gettin really boring. Without myplex, the server is nothing more than a classic media server.

HELP US... 

#12 SethBrower

SethBrower

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:27 AM

Yeah, I just found this out as well.

After a LOT of figuring out of various things, the one option that seemed to flip a switch on connectivity to the server was the windows firewall. I had even drilled though and put in specific port approvals, but they all seem to not matter and let plex through.

Granted I have a new highend router that has its own firewall, so im not leaving myself open, but if there could be figured a way to correctly punch plex through the default windows firewall, it would im sure make it much better for everyone.

#13 SethBrower

SethBrower

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:38 AM

quick update.

So i went in and setup specific port openings for both incoming and outgoing, both TCP & UDP on the firewall and turned it back on, this time it SEEEMS to be still working. We shall see what happen in the future, but ... this hopefully will work, and allow me to have both firewalls up.

#14 SethBrower

SethBrower

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:20 PM

Nope, it didn't take.
Seemed like it was working, but when I let it sit for a little bit it interrupted the sync that I was running, as my nexus lost the network. Which is annoying as they were on the same local network.
I switched it off again and, yep popped right back up and started syncing again.
Not sure what the fix would be on this one, its mount of my sphere of computer knowledge.

#15 jwroot

jwroot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:50 PM

Im having the same issue and also on Virgin. i've tried disabling the routers (Superhub) firewall completely and still no joy.  I'm wondering if this is a Virgin related issue, or at least a Superhub one!

These entries are in the server log (replaced my ext IP with XXX)

Jun 10, 2013 22:45:51:221 [1004] WARN - MyPlex: Invalid response when mapping state (code=422):<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<errors>
  <error>Address timeout while connecting to XXX.XXX.148.78:25301</error>
</errors>

#16 Stacher

Stacher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:09 PM

Using a form of DD-WRT on my router. Had similar connection problems. Disabled STP (Spanning Tree Protocol) and server connected immediately. Hope this helps someone.

#17 AITIronbird

AITIronbird

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:33 PM

Having the same issue here, happened before the update, ran the update to see if it fixed it and no luck.  Also have DD-WRT router but unfortunately STP was already disabled.  

#18 Monsieur Latte

Monsieur Latte

Plex Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1394 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:56 PM

Being a net eng there are literally dozens of reasons why mysplex cannot reach your server, however here are a few things to quickly check, one, if you have your own router make sure you are pulling a true internet IP (a lot of cable and dsl companies are sending out routers that are doing NAT already so in essence you are doing double nat so even if plex were mapped correctly in "your" router it still wouldnt work.  (if your internet or wan ip for your personal router starts with a 10 or 192 that will tell you that you are doing double nat.  Secondly, I have found that even with DDWRT upnp port mapping doesnt work most of the time, so my suggestion is this, go onto your plex media server and get the ip that is assigned to it (you should be using a static IP really otherwise you will have to redo this down the road after a power outage or a router reboot) take that ip and go into port forwarding section of your router, make sure you have TCP Port 32400 forwarded to the pms server (ip=whatever you got from the previous steps).  Next in plex web gui for myplex make sure you have it set to use a custom port and make sure it's set to 32400 as well.   I dont mind remotely helping people as well if you want someone to look at your screen and help you out.  I usually use teamviewer for this (once you close it someone cant get back in and it's setup so you have to allow me in first.  

• Usafmunk and spascali like this

#19 AITIronbird

AITIronbird

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:30 PM

Being a net eng there are literally dozens of reasons why mysplex cannot reach your server, however here are a few things to quickly check, one, if you have your own router make sure you are pulling a true internet IP (a lot of cable and dsl companies are sending out routers that are doing NAT already so in essence you are doing double nat so even if plex were mapped correctly in "your" router it still wouldnt work.  (if your internet or wan ip for your personal router starts with a 10 or 192 that will tell you that you are doing double nat.  Secondly, I have found that even with DDWRT upnp port mapping doesnt work most of the time, so my suggestion is this, go onto your plex media server and get the ip that is assigned to it (you should be using a static IP really otherwise you will have to redo this down the road after a power outage or a router reboot) take that ip and go into port forwarding section of your router, make sure you have TCP Port 32400 forwarded to the pms server (ip=whatever you got from the previous steps).  Next in plex web gui for myplex make sure you have it set to use a custom port and make sure it's set to 32400 as well.   I dont mind remotely helping people as well if you want someone to look at your screen and help you out.  I usually use teamviewer for this (once you close it someone cant get back in and it's setup so you have to allow me in first.  

Omg I feel dumb now, I been messing with the port forwarding, disabling firewalls, and just about everything.  Just noticed I mistyped the static IP I put on my forwarding.  http://picardfacepal...alm-hotlink.jpg

• breezytm and sherman56 like this

#20 Usafmunk

Usafmunk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:18 AM

Being a net eng there are literally dozens of reasons why mysplex cannot reach your server, however here are a few things to quickly check, one, if you have your own router make sure you are pulling a true internet IP (a lot of cable and dsl companies are sending out routers that are doing NAT already so in essence you are doing double nat so even if plex were mapped correctly in "your" router it still wouldnt work.  (if your internet or wan ip for your personal router starts with a 10 or 192 that will tell you that you are doing double nat.  

:) This guy is awesome! I messaged user Monsieur Latte here on the forums and asked for his help. He was true to his word and we set up a time for him to remote in to my computer and take a look that very night. I had tried everything to fix my problems myself. I spent hours on forums, re-installed PMS, re-targeted my iSCSI, forwarded ports, turned off firewalls, ect. Monsieur Latte remoted in to my machine and saw what the issue is within a minute. The problem was that I did not know to my NAT well enough. These were the steps that Monsieur Latte took to get me up and running:

• Logged in to my modem and set up a DMZ for my router (for me it was 10.1.10.10)
  • Connected to my router and changed my WAN connection type to static and then entered the static IP settings (IP: 10.1.10.10 \ SUBNET 255.255.255.0 \ DEFAULT GATEWAY 10.1.10.1)
  • Made sure I had forwarded a port (I already had from earlier troubleshooting)
  • Finally, he had checked the MyPlex settings to ensure the manual server map option was enabled and set to the default port 32400.

When I logged out of the MyPlex account and back in, it was working! Thank you again Monsieur Latte for helping me solve my 3 day long headache. You are a great man!  :)

• davidfolender, kspencer841, grahambbird and 1 other like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: myplex, server, myplexserver, could not reach, connection, problem