• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 marsousa75

marsousa75

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:03 PM

I just did a clean install of PMS on a new Win7 x64 PC. I setup my folders but no metadata is being downloaded. I have tried freebase and moviedb. I can go into an individual movie and click the refresh button and it will download metadata that way but for 1000+ movies I obviously do not want to do it that way. Any thoughts? Thanks.

#2 bkbirge

bkbirge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:57 PM

I wish I had that problem, mine applies metadata incorrectly. I've got a bunch of vids of drum instructional classes and Plex thinks they are various hollywood releases. 

#3 mjbxx

mjbxx

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:05 AM

I wish I had that problem, mine applies metadata incorrectly. I've got a bunch of vids of drum instructional classes and Plex thinks they are various hollywood releases. 

Are you placing these instructional videos in the Movie Section of the Library? This would account for Plex trying to incorrectly match metadata. Try placing these type of videos in the Home Movies Section of the Library. You can name each video whatever you want and also add poster art of your choosing for each video.  

#4 marsousa75

marsousa75

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:09 AM

I still cannot download metadata even after clean reinstall. What am I missing?

#5 marsousa75

marsousa75

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:23 PM

2 1/2 weeks and the only response I got was someone answering someone else's question. If I were to claim that this forum is useless I would have a pretty good argument, just sayin.....

#6 Trudge

Trudge

Gone off to greener pastures....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9403 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:26 PM

2 1/2 weeks and the only response I got was someone answering someone else's question. If I were to claim that this forum is useless I would have a pretty good argument, just sayin.....

well, maybe people are just bored with answering the same things for people who don't bother to search....

do a bundle reset. (given im sure you read the sticky threads at least, you'll know what this means)

Primary PMS: Ubuntu 13.10, i7-4771, 16GB Ram, Samsung 840 Pro 512GB
Media Storage: 2 x ReadyNas Pro Business 18TB mounted by NFS to Plex Server
Desktop Clients: 1 x Windows 7 27", 1 x 15.4 Retina MBP, 2 x17" MBP, 1 x 13" MB, 1 x13" MBA
Mobile Clients: 2 x iPhone 5s, 3 x iPhone 5, 3 x iPhone 4s, 3 x iPhone 4, 2 x iPad 3, 2 x iPad 2
Airplay & PlexConnect Targets: 4 x ATV3

#7 marsousa75

marsousa75

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:29 PM

My note above says I did a clean install (you know what means right)... I uninstalled Plex, deleted the folder in Program files (x86), deleted the profile folder is users/appdata, deleted all plex reg keys, reinstalled plex. setup my folders again, no metadata is downloading. I can get metadata if I do each video 1 at a time but no automatic downloading is happening. i tried both freebase and moviedb/tvbb (i prefer moviedb)..... Reinstalling the way I did, does what the system bundle reset would have done.

#8 Trudge

Trudge

Gone off to greener pastures....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9403 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:59 PM

My note above says I did a clean install (you know what means right)... I uninstalled Plex, deleted the folder in Program files (x86), deleted the profile folder is users/appdata, deleted all plex reg keys, reinstalled plex. setup my folders again, no metadata is downloading. I can get metadata if I do each video 1 at a time but no automatic downloading is happening. i tried both freebase and moviedb/tvbb (i prefer moviedb)..... Reinstalling the way I did, does what the system bundle reset would have done.

have you JUST done a bundle reset?

Primary PMS: Ubuntu 13.10, i7-4771, 16GB Ram, Samsung 840 Pro 512GB
Media Storage: 2 x ReadyNas Pro Business 18TB mounted by NFS to Plex Server
Desktop Clients: 1 x Windows 7 27", 1 x 15.4 Retina MBP, 2 x17" MBP, 1 x 13" MB, 1 x13" MBA
Mobile Clients: 2 x iPhone 5s, 3 x iPhone 5, 3 x iPhone 4s, 3 x iPhone 4, 2 x iPad 3, 2 x iPad 2
Airplay & PlexConnect Targets: 4 x ATV3

#9 Pruitt62

Pruitt62

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:57 PM

have you JUST done a bundle reset?

Ya, sounds like you simply need a Bundle reset. I've had this problem a couple of times now, and the Bundle Reset has fixed it every time.

Just follow the instructions in the First Post of the following Thread.

http://forums.plexap...-system-bundle/

#10 marsousa75

marsousa75

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:00 AM

I followed the instructions in the first post to reset the bundle. Still nothing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users