• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 arnonel

arnonel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:50 AM

I currently have XBMC via OpenElec installed on a Revo 3700, with Plex plugin.

I would LOVE an OpenElec type build for Plex (not sure if this exists).

Failing that, what is the best way to have plex on xbmc? which plugins and skins to use? Less interested in XBMC, and would love to start the device directly into Plex.

Any advice?

#2 Mark Walker

Mark Walker

HACK THE PLANET!

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1950 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:38 PM

Not in fully working order. It needs hacking.  http://forums.plexap...rm/?hl=openelec

I havn't had time to address the ffwd issue and the pulseaudio config yet. But I have adapted the build code to add PHT. So it should be possible. I just need to find more time and setup a proper test-bench to get it working.

/Mark

Get you Plex guides here: Naming Guide, NAS Guide, NTFS on Linux Guide, Linux Permissions Guide, Logs & Library Maintenance Help, Plex Help Page.

My Plex world:
Primary PMS: NAS - 24 bay Inter-Tech 4324L, Xeon E3-1230v2, SuperMicro X9SCM-F, 60GB Vertex SSD, 7x1.5TB SATA Drives
Channel PMS/HTPC/EyeTV: Mid 2011 Mac Mini 4GB RAM 60GB Vertex SSD, 50" Kuro
Clients: Hackintosh - Xeon E3-1275v2, 27" CinemaDisplay, 2010 15" MBP, ATV2, Roku3, iPhone 3gs 32GB, iPhone 5 64GB, iPad 3 16GB

#3 arnonel

arnonel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:52 PM

Not in fully working order. It needs hacking.  http://forums.plexap...rm/?hl=openelec

I havn't had time to address the ffwd issue and the pulseaudio config yet. But I have adapted the build code to add PHT. So it should be possible. I just need to find more time and setup a proper test-bench to get it working.

/Mark

Thanks -

"Failing that, what is the best way to have plex on xbmc? which plugins and skins to use? Less interested in XBMC, and would love to start the device directly into Ple"

#4 Mark Walker

Mark Walker

HACK THE PLANET!

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1950 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:23 PM

Thanks -

"Failing that, what is the best way to have plex on xbmc? which plugins and skins to use? Less interested in XBMC, and would love to start the device directly into Ple"

If running XBMC and want plexness.. http://wiki.xbmc.org...=Add-on:PleXBMC is your friend.

/Mark

Get you Plex guides here: Naming Guide, NAS Guide, NTFS on Linux Guide, Linux Permissions Guide, Logs & Library Maintenance Help, Plex Help Page.

My Plex world:
Primary PMS: NAS - 24 bay Inter-Tech 4324L, Xeon E3-1230v2, SuperMicro X9SCM-F, 60GB Vertex SSD, 7x1.5TB SATA Drives
Clients: Hackintosh - Xeon E3-1275v2, 27" CinemaDisplay, 2010 15" MBP, ATV2, Roku3, iPhone 3gs 32GB, iPhone 5 64GB, iPad 3 16GB

#5 arnonel

arnonel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:24 PM

If running XBMC and want plexness.. http://wiki.xbmc.org...=Add-on:PleXBMC is your friend.

/Mark

Thanks. Know of a way to boot directly into the plugin? Need to dumb it down for the family. 

Also, what is the best XBMC theme to use with Plex plugin?

#6 Mark Walker

Mark Walker

HACK THE PLANET!

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1950 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:54 PM

Thanks. Know of a way to boot directly into the plugin? Need to dumb it down for the family. 

Also, what is the best XBMC theme to use with Plex plugin?

Eh.. Not sure I'm following you. Its an addon to XBMC. So on basic OpenELEC, add that addon to your XBMC install. So you boot directly into XBMC. Havn't played with XBMC in years, so I don't know how that works. And I don't think there are any skin restrictions with regards to that on XBMC. So pick any I would assume.

/Mark

My Plex world:

#7 arnonel

arnonel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:56 PM

Experience required:

Wife starts device, show plex screen.

Current experience:

Wife starts device, shows XBMC, navigates via many clicks to plex xbmc addon.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: plex, openelec, xbmc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users