Photo

Plex Server on a Dual boot (Hackintosh and Windows8)

Dual boot Plex Server Hackintosh and Windows8

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kpatte23

kpatte23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:23 PM

Okay guys,

I hope I am in the right place. Here is my story.

I am setting up a media server on a systen I built myself. It is a Hackintosh and Windows8 dual boot running 10.8.4 on the hack side and Windows* on the PC side. Both OS are as up-to-date as posible and I have a 2TB internal HD that is partitioned in 3 (hack, win, back up). The back up partition is formated (FAT32) to be use by both OS.

Here is my question:

Is it posible to run the Plex Server on the back up partition and access it with clients installed on the hack and win partitions?

Any Ideas?

Thanks

#2 SuperDudeMax

SuperDudeMax

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:06 PM

I've got pretty much the exact same problem. I've got a 2TB drive formatted Exfat that has all the files that both OS can use such as Videos, iTunes and my Steam library. Currently I've got it working to the extent where they share the same videos and music but I don't know how to have the same time markers, same locked metadata and such. I've got the Plex Media Server folder from Application support on OSX but I can only find them sharing the Plug-ins folder, nothing more.

Hopefully someone can shine some light on this soon.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dual boot, Plex Server, Hackintosh and Windows8