• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 gfahey

gfahey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:46 PM

Yup. Now I am getting this dreaded message which, after searching, it appears there is no solution to. Just simple .avi files that used to play on Plex but, now I have a huge folder that is DOA for all intents. This seems like a whopping step backwards to me. Of course, this happens while I am showing off the coolness factor to some family members. In the living room, 10 people, I go to Roku and then open Plex and then to a folder of .avi files. "Watch this!" I say as it tries to play the file....waiting.....waiting....waiting......then the error message. 

I had a nice red face for all. 

OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.4 2.8GHZ Core 2 Duo

#2 gfahey

gfahey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:47 PM

And it looks like this is slowly dying. 

#3 gfahey

gfahey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:32 PM

Just added another folder of .avi files. Same error. Matter of fact, ALL .avi files won't play now. This is interesting in that I played several of these same files a couple of weeks ago.  I am absolutely certain in fact. I just tried to play an .AVI movie using Plex on my desktop. It gave me the option to choose 682 or 933 mpeg4. It also gave me the option to resume from near the end at 55:34 or to "start from the beginning" So, it would appear Plex has done something to break this. I can think of no other reason. 

Bottom line? .AVI files USED to play, now they ALL get the 

"Cannot Load M3U8: 404 Not Found"

error message. What a huge disappointment. My question is why? They obviously and most certainly played fine a week or so ago. Now? NONE of my .AVI files play. 

It's not from my end either. 

#4 gertgerman

gertgerman

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:11 PM

I've had this maybe once or twice but a simple reboot sorted it each time. I don't have any avi files, when it happened to me it seemed to affect any file I tried to play.

#5 gfahey

gfahey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:27 PM

I've had this maybe once or twice but a simple reboot sorted it each time. I don't have any avi files, when it happened to me it seemed to affect any file I tried to play.

Well, you were right! I've untwisted my briefs now! 

#6 gertgerman

gertgerman

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:53 PM

Well, you were right! I've untwisted my briefs now!

Ha ha sometimes we skip the most basic parts and that's what fixes it :)

Glad it's working!

#7 Kim

Kim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:37 PM

I'm getting this error on every file... Mac Mini 1.83 (possibly transcoding issues?)

Any ideas?

#8 gertgerman

gertgerman

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:36 PM

Reboot? :)

#9 Kim

Kim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:45 AM

Yep rebooted many times. Even completely removed and re-installed Plex.

Attached is a log file - do any Plex experts know if that tells me any more info?

Attached Files

#10 Kim

Kim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:31 AM

Just an update.. solved from updating to 10.6.8 (from 10.6... hadn't run the combo update on a fresh install yet).

Cheers,

Kim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users