• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 freefall

freefall

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 03:29 AM

Hi all, I've been googling this problem a bit too long now and can't seem to find the answer.

What I was wondering is whether it is possible for mini series (like Planet Earth or Band of Brothers), filed as a TV show, to do away with the Season 1 button once you click the series name and go to the episodes straight away?

Much appreciated

#2 Josh

Josh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 05:06 AM

Yes, it is.

Plex > Advanced Settingsā€¦ > Library > Flatten TV Shows

If you set this option to "If only one season", you should get the result you're looking for.

To get to the advanced settings you need to change to windowed mode if you normally use Plex in full screen.

Off-topic: I just finished Planet Earth recently. It's great, isn't it?

#3 freefall

freefall

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 05:31 AM

Yes, it is.

Plex > Advanced Settingsā€¦ > Library > Flatten TV Shows

If you set this option to "If only one season", you should get the result you're looking for.

To get to the advanced settings you need to change to windowed mode if you normally use Plex in full screen.

Off-topic: I just finished Planet Earth recently. It's great, isn't it?

Thanks so much :) I never knew about the Advanced Settings, good to know.

And I absolutely love Planet Earth, its so stunningly beautiful. I think it's my favorite documentary, it's my personal quest to show it to everyone I know who hasn't seen it yet :)

#4 MetaWops

MetaWops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 06:09 PM

Thanks so much :) I never knew about the Advanced Settings, good to know.

And I absolutely love Planet Earth, its so stunningly beautiful. I think it's my favorite documentary, it's my personal quest to show it to everyone I know who hasn't seen it yet :)

Excellent hint, "Advanced Settings..."! Works fine -- but still you have to name the files with the "S01E01" scheme -- despite the fact that there is no season 2, 3, ..., right?

In other words: naming them just "Planet Earth EP01.mkv" or sim. won't work, right?

Thanks,
Stefan.

#5 poofyhairguy

poofyhairguy

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 920 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 06:15 PM

Excellent hint, "Advanced Settings..."! Works fine -- but still you have to name the files with the "S01E01" scheme -- despite the fact that there is no season 2, 3, ..., right?

In other words: naming them just "Planet Earth EP01.mkv" or sim. won't work, right?

Thanks,
Stefan.

Yeah, you still have to name them like how TVDB has them named. This is true for everything you want in the TV show section.

#6 Dobbler

Dobbler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 04:39 AM

Yeah, you still have to name them like how TVDB has them named. This is true for everything you want in the TV show section.

I'm having the darndest time trying to figure out the naming scheme for ANY TV show, but in particular Band of Brothers.

Can someone just flat out show me the directory structure and character-for-character file names? I've read a dozen threads here, plus re-read the Getting Started, and a couple other sources and frankly it all doesn't make sense AT ALL. Every time I add the source and update the library I end up with 10 entries in the Movies library in some foreign language for each of the episodes! Whaaaa?

And while I'm at it, how the heck does Plex know it's a TV show vs. Movies. I mean, it's in TV Shows->Band of Brothers->(10 named files) yet it shoves them in the Movies library?

#7 Raindancing

Raindancing

Plex Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1533 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 05:44 PM

You have to have TV Shows set up as a different source. Under Videos, press c to bring up the contextual menu and then select Set Content. Use the tiny arrow at the top to cycle through the options, until you get TV Shows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users