• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Funny_Clown

Funny_Clown

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:02 AM

hi I just bought plex for android for my Samsung galaxy tab 2 i have on my computer install plex media server i was using befor on my Samsung galaxy tab 2 mediahouse UPnP/DLNA to stream my movies from my computer using plex media server onto my lg tv does anyone know how to do this using the plex for android would like to view my movies from plex media server and play them from the plex for android onto my tv like i was doing befor with mediahouse

#2 bananagranola

bananagranola

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:48 AM

If I understand correctly, your Plex app isn't seeing your Plex server? If that is the case, you may need to add the server's IP manually, or you need to set up Zeroconf (or whatever equivalent you use).

#3 Funny_Clown

Funny_Clown

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:54 AM

hi bananagranola no my plex app is seeing my plex server that's fine i just want to be able to play my media to my lg tv using the app plex for android on my Samsung galaxy tab 2 like mediahouse does using the plex media server when i click play on a movie am browsing on mediahouse the media plays to my lg tv

#4 Funny_Clown

Funny_Clown

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:35 PM

still need help anyone know how to do this with plex for android stream media using plex media server on computer and plex for android to play onto tv mediahouse does this on the tab using plex media server but don't realy like mediahouse to much would realy like to use plex for android to do this

#5 IanB!

IanB!

Plex Employee

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2117 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:21 AM

still need help anyone know how to do this with plex for android stream media using plex media server on computer and plex for android to play onto tv mediahouse does this on the tab using plex media server but don't realy like mediahouse to much would realy like to use plex for android to do this

I'm sorry you're having issues. Are you aware that if you hold down the play button, it will present you with a list of players found on your network. Is your LG TV listed there? 

Ian

Plugins: SkyGo, LoveFilm-Player, Crackle, Blinkbox, Stuff.tv, 5by5, RWC2011, FXUK, Jerry Seinfeld, VideoJug, SoundCloud, Ziln
Rewitten: YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, Pitchfork.TV, National Geographic
Blog: Plex Plugin DevBlog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users