• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 neuman06

neuman06

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:20 AM

So my friend hosts his server on plex. My friend gave me access in March and I have been able to watch movies and tv shows ever since until June 20th. After then it would say server is unavailable, last seen june 20th. So I tried another computer, same problem. I logged in on my android device, it worked.  I was confused. So he created another user account and gave me access. Same problem. Other friends of his can access the server. I am confused to why I can watch it on my cell phone but not at home. Is it my ISP or whats the deal? From March to May I was in another geographical location with one ISP, from June to right now i am staying with my parents with a different ISP. Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks

Kevin

#2 BigWheel

BigWheel

One Who Keeps Turning

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3253 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:25 AM

how are you connecting to it on computer?  the my.plexapp.com site clicking on plex/web link?

Note to self- awesome software coupled with awesome user community.. worth putting up with a minor annoyance now and then.

Correlation does not imply causation 

Perfume: The Story of a Murderer   a crazy movie but so good

Media Prep , Server Logs , MEDIA INFO , Why can't find that Plex folder on OS X

#3 neuman06

neuman06

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:14 PM

Correct, through google chrome.

#4 BigWheel

BigWheel

One Who Keeps Turning

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3253 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:31 PM

Are you using the same computer? Or using your parents computer? If your parents I would first turn off all firewalls av software etc. I suppose the isp could be blocking ports but that seems odd that any would these days. Not sure what port you would need to check for though. What isp do your parents have?

Note to self- awesome software coupled with awesome user community.. worth putting up with a minor annoyance now and then.

Correlation does not imply causation 

Perfume: The Story of a Murderer   a crazy movie but so good

Media Prep , Server Logs , MEDIA INFO , Why can't find that Plex folder on OS X

#5 neuman06

neuman06

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:03 PM

When I came to my parents place I brought my PC with me. I've tried both my PC and my parents PC. My parents have TDS Telecom and my apartment has Charter Communcations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users