605 replies to this topic

#321 tek-monkey

tek-monkey

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:14 AM

Hi would it be possible to provide a link to the latest raflix build or test build? I went to the website but the buttons don\t work in safari or chrome.

Odd, they work fine here in chrome.  Try the forum thread on it: https://forums.plexa...d-roku-channel/

#322 shopkeeper

shopkeeper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:04 PM

Yes, sounds like it would not even transcode the audio. That might be something to ask about into the NAS forums section ( guessing there is one ). Seems like you will have to either convert the file, run the PMS on another machine or plug the Roku into an AMP. All of those have some cons/pros. I'd choose to run the PMS on something that supports transcoding because I'm lazy and impatient :)

Looks like I may have to do the same. I have a 2013 Macmini, but i'm reluctant to put PMS on it since its used to off load my 3D renders to and is usually always doing that when I'm otherwise relaxing. I.e when i'm most likely wanting to use Plex :)

#323 Marty

Marty

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:55 PM

For anybody that needs it, here's the zip for 2.8.2

http://www.martystro...NowTV-2_8_2.zip

• gertgerman likes this

okqLidg.jpg

PMS:  Ubuntu 14.04 x64, Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3, AMD FX8320, 2x Crucial 4GB Ballistix DDR3-1866, Sapphire HD 5450 512MB, 1x 2TB WD Caviar Green SATA III (OS), 5x 3TB Toshiba SATA III (ZFS RaidZ), OCZ Fatal1ty 550w modular, Xenta 4U Rackmount case, 1x 120mm Fractal Design R2, 2x 60mm Fractal Design R2
Desktop Clients: 1x 13" MacBook Pro, 1x MacBook Air, 2x Roku 3
Mobile Clients: 1x iPhone 5S, 1x iPad Mini

Get unlimited free cloud storage from referrals + 5GB from being referred by me ->
 https://copy.com?r=VaYw4n

#324 reekob

reekob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:29 AM

For anybody that needs it, here's the zip for 2.8.2

http://www.martystro...NowTV-2_8_2.zip

thank you for the .zip file, installed and was hoping to be able to start a stream from iOS using the new remote feature but the roku doesnt appear as a player in my list :(

#325 Channelman

Channelman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 07:13 AM

Using my router, I've blocked internet access to the MAC address of the NowTV box.

I'm only interested in using the Plex App on the box and, as far as I can tell, Plex still

works great. Since the box cannot access the internet Sky shouldn't be able to update

the software and kill the Installer Mode.

This seems too simple.........have i missed something?

Channelman

#326 dalim

dalim

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 04:01 PM

Using my router, I've blocked internet access to the MAC address of the NowTV box.

I'm only interested in using the Plex App on the box and, as far as I can tell, Plex still

works great. Since the box cannot access the internet Sky shouldn't be able to update

Channelman

You just wont be able to use any of the myplex features e.g. shared libraries

#327 mobisat

mobisat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:39 PM

Slightly off topic here guys (sorry). I currently have 3 NowTV boxes and I was wondering if there was any benefit on me purchasing a Roku3 in the sales for additional free content, bigger channel library etc plus I still have my Plex server to use on my Living Room TV?

#328 sa2000

sa2000

Plex Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13689 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:49 PM

Slightly off topic here guys (sorry). I currently have 3 NowTV boxes and I was wondering if there was any benefit on me purchasing a Roku3 in the sales for additional free content, bigger channel library etc plus I still have my Plex server to use on my Living Room TV?

you should - one day the Plex on NowTV boxes will probably cease for one reason or another. My personal view is that we should enjoy the cheap NowTV setup whilst we can and keeping in mind that it will probably come to an end one day

• tek-monkey and mobisat like this

Help given free on forums.      Fee-Based Personal Support & Help.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Getting Started     Downloads     PlexPASS     Channels     FAQs     Changing PMS Data Location     Changing Media Location    Plex Downloads md5 checksums

Supported Plex Companion/Remote Control Apps               Resetting System & Framework Bundles (include WebClient.bundle if Plex/Web loading issues)

Diagnostics:   Troubleshooting   Plex Media Server:   Reporting Issues    Logs    Crash Dumps         Plex Home Theater: Reporting Issues     Logs     Crash Dumps            Plex Web App: Debug Log

Plex for iOs:   Console Log & Crash Dumps                 Plex for Android:     Email Device Logs          Roku: Logs   FAQs            Samsung:  Plex User Manual

Server Connect for Remote Access: Plex Media Server - Connect     Network Ports to allow     Connecting a Server   Troubleshooting Server Connections (incl Double NAT check)

Sharing of Connected Server

Current Issues:

- Plex Sync for Whole (Large) Library Sections crashes out the Plex Media Server on Windows (memory):

- DLNA timeouts on PMS 0.9.11.7 & 0.9.11.10 (FIXED IN 0.9.11.12)

- Locked out from server if PlexHome and server removed or password changed - see new support page {Password Change issue fixed in 0.9.11.16}

- Curl 52 Errors and MTU Size - Seen on Linux/NAS platforms on 0.9.11.13 - see this PlexPASS post

- Third Party and Malware and AdWare dll's that crash mswsock.dll leading to Plex Media Server crashes on windows systems

AsProxy.dll, BDL.dll, CatWSPrx.dll, ColorMedia.dll, CovenantEyesProxy.dll,cwalsp.dll, EasyRedirect.dll, GfKLSPService.DLL, HMIPCore.dll, ICProxy.dll, LavasoftTCPService.dll, MintCastNetworks.dll, MyOSProtect.dll, MyRadioPlayer.dll, mza.dll, N1Service.dll, PCProtect.dll, Plsapp.dll, QProxy.dll, Rslsp.dll, SafeIPs.dll, sendori.dll, SmoothPingProxy.dll

#329 Johnharvey

Johnharvey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:02 PM

I'm having slight problems getting to the developer page on web browser. I type in the now tv box ip address and just get a blank white screen, I have enabled developer mode already so just a little bit stuck, any help would be appreciated! 

#330 sa2000

sa2000

Plex Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13689 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:05 PM

I'm having slight problems getting to the developer page on web browser. I type in the now tv box ip address and just get a blank white screen, I have enabled developer mode already so just a little bit stuck, any help would be appreciated! 

if the ip address is right then perhaps the NowTV needs a reset and re-entering developer mode

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Getting Started     Downloads     PlexPASS     Channels     FAQs     Changing PMS Data Location     Changing Media Location    Plex Downloads md5 checksums

Supported Plex Companion/Remote Control Apps               Resetting System & Framework Bundles (include WebClient.bundle if Plex/Web loading issues)

Diagnostics:   Troubleshooting   Plex Media Server:   Reporting Issues    Logs    Crash Dumps         Plex Home Theater: Reporting Issues     Logs     Crash Dumps            Plex Web App: Debug Log

Plex for iOs:   Console Log & Crash Dumps                 Plex for Android:     Email Device Logs          Roku: Logs   FAQs            Samsung:  Plex User Manual

Server Connect for Remote Access: Plex Media Server - Connect     Network Ports to allow     Connecting a Server   Troubleshooting Server Connections (incl Double NAT check)

Current Issues:

- Plex Sync for Whole (Large) Library Sections crashes out the Plex Media Server on Windows (memory):

- Locked out from server if PlexHome and server removed or password changed - see new support page {Password Change issue fixed in 0.9.11.16}

- Curl 52 Errors and MTU Size - Seen on Linux/NAS platforms on 0.9.11.13 - see this PlexPASS post

- Third Party and Malware and AdWare dll's that crash mswsock.dll leading to Plex Media Server crashes on windows systems

AsProxy.dll, BDL.dll, CatWSPrx.dll, ColorMedia.dll, CovenantEyesProxy.dll,cwalsp.dll, EasyRedirect.dll, GfKLSPService.DLL, HMIPCore.dll, ICProxy.dll, LavasoftTCPService.dll, MintCastNetworks.dll, MyOSProtect.dll, MyRadioPlayer.dll, mza.dll, N1Service.dll, PCProtect.dll, Plsapp.dll, QProxy.dll, Rslsp.dll, SafeIPs.dll, sendori.dll, SmoothPingProxy.dll

#331 joshdinsdale

joshdinsdale

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:16 PM

you should - one day the Plex on NowTV boxes will probably cease for one reason or another. My personal view is that we should enjoy the cheap NowTV setup whilst we can and keeping in mind that it will probably come to an end one day

<br /><br />I agree with this. However not sure if roku is the answer in the living room for me, the last couple of rasplex builds have been performing brilliantly and its interface is much slicker on the big TV. Plus I can stick with a single remote thanks to cec support.<br /><br />Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk<br /><br />

#332 sa2000

sa2000

Plex Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13689 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:22 PM

<br /><br />I agree with this. However not sure if roku is the answer in the living room for me, the last couple of rasplex builds have been performing brilliantly and its interface is much slicker on the big TV. Plus I can stick with a single remote thanks to cec support.<br /><br />Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk<br /><br />

]

i have not tried the last rasplex release but when i ventured into rasplex and xbmpc 2 months ago the interface was so sluggish compared to the Roku that i decided i would not go there again until the next generation of Raspberry Pi's.

I do have a Roku on my big TV and the added advantage over native app on the TV is that I can pause and resume the Roku plex app independently of what i do on the TV and can come back to it later.

Current Issues:

#333 Johnharvey

Johnharvey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:07 PM

if the ip address is right then perhaps the NowTV needs a reset and re-entering developer mode

I've just reset the box, done the same sequence again and still get the same blank white page, any other ideas? Thanks

#334 sa2000

sa2000

Plex Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13689 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:23 PM

I've just reset the box, done the same sequence again and still get the same blank white page, any other ideas? Thanks

No ideas ... But you have checked that the ip address is still what you think it is after the reset - in settings .
And you have checked it says it is in developer mode

I would now try different browsers
Try ping to the ip address

Current Issues:

#335 Johnharvey

Johnharvey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:35 PM

No ideas ... But you have checked that the ip address is still what you think it is after the reset - in settings .
And you have checked it says it is in developer mode

I would now try different browsers
Try ping to the ip address

Yeah i've made sure Ip is still the same and i've put it back into developer mode. 

I've tried chrome and IE but both get the same blank page.

Pinged the ip and get a response, so i'm kinda stumped!

#336 joshdinsdale

joshdinsdale

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:36 PM

Yeah i've made sure Ip is still the same and i've put it back into developer mode. <br /><br />I've tried chrome and IE but both get the same blank page.<br />Pinged the ip and get a response, so i'm kinda stumped!

<br /><br />Try it from another machine.<br /><br />Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk<br /><br />

#337 Johnharvey

Johnharvey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:41 PM

<br /><br />Try it from another machine.<br /><br />Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk<br /><br />

Yeah i've just tried it on another machine and its worked.

I've got windows 8 running, does the developer app require silverlight? Because i can never seem to get silverlight working when i've needed it!

#338 joshdinsdale

joshdinsdale

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:43 PM

Doesn't have any special requirements AFAIK. Could have been any thing interfering with it, maybe AV scanner?<br /><br />Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk<br /><br />

#339 Johnharvey

Johnharvey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:17 PM

Managed to get it working on my original laptop now because i used the other one to install the app. 

Downloaded plex media servers on original laptop to find that the program doesn't run but c + p the url and its up and running now! 

One last question, what's the best torrent downloader available just now and best site to use for downloads?

#340 Channelman

Channelman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:13 AM

Channelman

You just wont be able to use any of the myplex features e.g. shared libraries

@dalim.

I am quite new to Plex and am not sure what you mean by using myplex features e.g. shared libraries.

My blocking action with the router ONLY stops the NowTV box accessing the external internet.

It can still access all shared libraries on my internal WiFi network. 

Movies and TV Shows on the HDD of my PC running the Plex Server can still be  shown via the NowTV box on my TV